Welcome to Gaia! ::

██Sparkling Waters Guild██ Inactive ATM

Back to Guilds

Jump into the waters of Dolphins, Mermaids, Monsters, and earn tons of Gold! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Sparkling Waters Guild, Aquarium, Tanks, Gold 

Reply █ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements
Auto-Bump [Edited 1st post] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angelle LeBlanche

Dapper Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:01 pm
Click them?User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
It sounds like a good idea. Quick and easy! But it would be good to have both options because I do like write my score in the bump.
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:36 pm
I like how that quote is used so many times. From Hamlet, "To be or not to be, that is the question." You know what he's asking though, right? Translates to: To live or to die, that is the question. He ponders suicide. There's your literature lesson for the day.

I love the idea, opening the thread in a new tab always makes me lag. By doing this I'll be able to grab more tanks and for the people who don't bump after, it'll do it for them.

Everlasting Sasori

Amia-Chan

Generous Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:55 pm
I prefer the reply box better, especially those that automatically have something in them.

Usually, if I'm in a guild or thread with a stamp, I'll always copy and paste and, really, that doesn't take much time or effort. For a thread or guild without one, I just put up a face which, again, doesn't take time either.

The issue is, are the autobumps against ToS?
I personally don't want to risk it and get s**t for people who were too lazy to click a smiley. ;l

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:29 pm
*O* Thanks to all your replies I might quote later.

Quick question for everyone (Please quote me)

If I put two reply boxes (One leads to a reply box and one is an auto-bump)
would you like the reply box to be "EMPTY" or at least quoted with something in it?

Something in it : 1
Empty : 0

chiisai-akanbo
Vice Captain

Bluebelle Babe

Conservative Member

5,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:27 pm
Awesome! Go for it! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:35 pm
ninjaboy1989
chiisai-akanbo
LeafyNitemare
My only question is, isn't it against ToS? :l

I've been wanting to ask this as well..
>o< is it is it?

this should not be an issue if the thread owner allows it sweatdrop
it is a bad thing to advertise in a specialized thread that has nothing to do with what your advertising 3nodding

example:

booty-grab thread owners most likely want to know where the bumps are coming from

but for art/bump/services shop owners it is spam because the advertiser may steal costumers and it becomes a competition to keep the costumers in the shop 3nodding

I've posted this on the first post via quote. I hope you don't mind.  

chiisai-akanbo
Vice Captain

chiisai-akanbo
Vice Captain
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:47 pm
Amia-Chan
I prefer the reply box better, especially those that automatically have something in them.

Usually, if I'm in a guild or thread with a stamp, I'll always copy and paste and, really, that doesn't take much time or effort. For a thread or guild without one, I just put up a face which, again, doesn't take time either.

The issue is, are the autobumps against ToS?
I personally don't want to risk it and get s**t for people who were too lazy to click a smiley. ;l

Okih okih I'll take that into consideration. Let's see *messes hair*  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:55 pm
Brillie_0

wahahh!! SPARKLING DARK WATERS! heart heart heart heart >w<
epic!!! >w<  

chiisai-akanbo
Vice Captain

chiisai-akanbo
Vice Captain
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:56 pm
Bluebelle Babe
Awesome! Go for it! 4laugh

:O
okih *jadaaaaan* oh wait.. I'll do so after my mid terms xDD I forgot I have a test today!! O_o *panic panic*  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:51 pm
chiisai-akanbo

Having BOTH links is probably the best thing you could possibly do, regardless of how much extra work it is to set up. As far as having quotes in the regular reply boxes, I figure I leave those the way they were posted in the application thread. If they were quoted, leave the quote. If it was empty in the application thread, leave it empty. Either way I plug my guild advertisement/invite in every bump unless that player is already in my guild. Sometimes I'll do it anyway just because a little extra advertising never hurt anybody. razz heart

I say make the AutoBump and instant guild banner, so everyone knows where the bump came from without a doubt. The standard reply box should probably just be left the way it is now. Blank, guild banner, custom quote, doesn't really matter. The fact that the reply box itself is accessible is the main thing that makes it worth having. It doesn't take much effort to Ctrl+A and Backspace. 3nodding  

DarkErotica

LeafyNitemare

Swashbuckling Elder

17,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:56 pm
The "Against ToS?" question wasnt answered very clearly. Is it a ToS violation or not? Can you get in trouble for it, when can you get in trouble for it, etc. I'm still scared to use it.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:07 pm
chiisai-akanbo
*O* Thanks to all your replies I might quote later.

Quick question for everyone (Please quote me)

If I put two reply boxes (One leads to a reply box and one is an auto-bump)
would you like the reply box to be "EMPTY" or at least quoted with something in it?

Something in it : 1
Empty : 0

Hello, to answer your real question here regarding Reply Box, I like the idea of you having something already in there - like "You just quoted "name fill in here" and your banner stamp on your Guild 200 x 40 size) Then allow the person to put whatever they want - like their scores, a glitch, a gift they caught, emotes, etc. - that way, if they have several mules on their glow page, they will know which name is being quoted AND which guild or thread it came from - in order to know where their exposure is getting the most grabs from - Reply Box.

As for the Auto Bump Buttons - I LOVE your Buttons - love your art work (actually, you and DE have a lot in common - maybe you should take him up on that marriage offer lol he's good at art too ^-^ ) Also, this is where you could put any Stamp you want or design it any way you like 4laugh

Take care,

EDIT: Good luck on your exams!! Don't panic heart

Also, you have differing ideas here. I don't believe it would matter to me either way you went with the Reply Box - I was just giving you a possible idea - but if people want it blank - go for the majority ^-^

Good Luck Sweetie - heart

brilliantbluestar_0

Romantic Cheerleader

felinophiles alter ego

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:16 pm
just went thru the guild bump thread, love what you have done with the bump buttons biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:18 pm
chiisai-akanbo

LeafyNitemare
The "Against ToS?" question wasnt answered very clearly. Is it a ToS violation or not? Can you get in trouble for it, when can you get in trouble for it, etc. I'm still scared to use it.

Back in early Spring, a lady found out from a dev, that it was okay to use a bump stamp in a post as long as it was not an advertisement and didn't have a link to the guild or thread. However, you could put a linked banner in your signature as advertisement. Now, as for today, August 23, I have not read the ToS and Rules and Guidelines since then - so I'd have to re-read them myself. I'm just passing along what I knew back then in April.

I would like to ask a question to ponder though, if you are in a Guild or Thread that you have your tank links, and someone posts a stamp that says something like "Bumped from Sparkling Waters", you knowing your tank is there, would you be upset that another member bumped your glow thread from a place you are part of a team? It doesn't sound like advertisement to me - it sounds more like, "I'm letting you know where you were bumped from and where your tank has exposure". Just something to think about.

However, the link to the guild should NOT be in the post. That is a No-No.

brilliantbluestar_0

Romantic Cheerleader

LeafyNitemare

Swashbuckling Elder

17,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:44 pm
BrilliantBlueStar_0
chiisai-akanbo

LeafyNitemare

Back in early Spring, a lady found out from a dev, that it was okay to use a bump stamp in a post as long as it was not an advertisement and didn't have a link to the guild or thread. However, you could put a linked banner in your signature as advertisement. Now, as for today, August 23, I have not read the ToS and Rules and Guidelines since then - so I'd have to re-read them myself. I'm just passing along what I knew back then in April.

I would like to ask a question to ponder though, if you are in a Guild or Thread that you have your tank links, and someone posts a stamp that says something like "Bumped from Sparkling Waters", you knowing your tank is there, would you be upset that another member bumped your glow thread from a place you are part of a team? It doesn't sound like advertisement to me - it sounds more like, "I'm letting you know where you were bumped from and where your tank has exposure". Just something to think about.

However, the link to the guild should NOT be in the post. That is a No-No.

Okay so you're saying it's legal as long as the auto-bump doesn't include an advertsement? So for example can I use it in my siggy to secretly get people to bump my quest thread?  
█ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff