Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 03 One-on-One RPs
~Tossing the Old Pig Skin~ (Full/Starting) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:16 pm
Jessica Danielle Rochester

~Jessie~

User Image

I could hear the people chanting outside along with the cheerleaders. The announcer was blabbing on about how great it was to be at the game. I barely noticed any of it. I was in my own little world. I was running the plays over and over in my mind, making sure I wouldn't forget any of them. Deep down, I was afraid I would and make a wrong move. Go left instead of right or some other mistake. It wasn't until someone placed a hand on my shoulder was I brought back to reality. Joe stood next to me and slightly whispered words of encouragement. It wasn't what I expected but it helped. Oddly enough.

It wasn't much of an idea but it was simple and I could do it. Easy to remember and easy enough do without thinking too much about it. His touch on my shoulder seemed more comforting than his words. I didn't get it but, again, pushed the thought from my mind. This was weird and the game was about to start. I had to concentrate.

The team ran out of the whole and the crowd cheered. For a team that constantly lost, there seemed to be a lot of people. I had overheard one of the boys mention that he was surprised to see this many people in one game. It wasn't full but it was still a lot. Deep in the crowd, I spotted my dad along with Travis and, I assumed, Stephanie who sat beside him. Travis was the most enthusiastic among the three. My father was hardly showing any emotion but I knew he was worried for my wellbeing.

Joe threw me the ball a few times and I noticed something. The ball would turn a certain way much different to other players. It wasn't bad or even that much different but I still had to get used to the feeling as the ball would twist in a certain direction when I would catch. By the time the game actually started, I was ready. Our team won the coin toss so we were up first.

This was it. The moment that would decide it all. When it was time, I started at a run looking back to where the ball would come. The first throw, I almost dropped but went pretty far. So far, in fact, I made the first touchdown in less than five minutes. One play after another I did the same routine. The other players noticed this and soon came after me. Each time it was harder and none of the guys on my team were helping me out. The last play, I barely made it passed one of the players by jumping over him as he fell. This had to stop. When it was time to switch to defense, the boys sat down while I had a 'chat' with the offensive guard. The main player to help me out when the other team members were coming at me.

"Hey! 63!" I called to him before getting in his face. "I'm a girl. I know. You hate it. I got that. But I'm on your team!" I was furious. This game was not only riding on what people would think about me in school but if I was to get hurt, that would be it for the rest of my life. No more football. Probably not even with my brothers. "So you better block me or I'm going to hurt you so hard you're not going to be able to play the rest of the season!" I walked off and sat on the other end of the bench where I grabbed a cup of Gatorade to cool me off; inside and out.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:37 am
User Image

Spencer Joseph Coleman

j o e

Joe was utterly floored how well they did tin the first out on the field. This was better than they did all last season. He knew it was because Jessie was the only one who could catch the way he threw long distance. Joe watched as Jessie confronted the main defender, and Joe smiled to himself, chuckling. He sat on the far end of the bench Jessie sat on, trying to still be the unapproving captain. "Next round on offense, run to the end zone first few times. After that little performance, the other team'll send all their coverage to you, and I'll run it as far as I can. After they catch on, we'll go back to throwing. Kay?" Joe took another sip of his cup of Gatorade, and walked back to the Coach.

Joe watched the defense carefully, wincing at the two touchdowns those bastards let slip. Joe yelled out words of encouragement, or advice to protect better. All that was on his mind now was, This is how it's going to be in Florida. Joe had been signed to the University of Florida to be thier starting quarter back, and if everything goes right, he'd be captain by his sophomore year. Following in the steps of Tim Tebow, Joe knew he would be the quarterback to watch. He could throw like a god, but no one knew how to catch it. Except for the new girl.

Soon enough, the quarter was up, and the offense team took the field. Joe donned his helmet, and patted the backs of the boys coming off the field. As they formed the line, Joe talked only loud enough for the boys who would be covering Jessie. "If she even gets touched, I'm going to cut your dicks off and feed them to my pit bull." Joe didn't have a pit bull, but no one knew that. They stiffened, and when the ball snapped, oh they ran like hell.

Like he planned, the field was barren of the other teams player, so Joe tucked the football under his arm and ran. It took thirty yards for the defensive players to catch on and run after him. Joe ducked, jumped, and dodged, and dove over a dog pile meant to catch him to get a touchdown. The crowd went wild, screaming, standing, and Joe was warm with the feeling.

When they switched out, defense was grabbing, slapping, shaking and lifting Joe upon their shoulders. It was just a touchdown, why were they cheering? Joe looked to the scoreboard, and laughed. They were truly winning. It was half time, and they were ahead by seven. Joe fist pumped the air and sat down, glowing with happiness, glad his plan worked.

iWhite Out

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:53 pm

~Jessie~

User Image

After some Gatorade, I was able to cool down. The crowd loved the game. It was going great but I still had to wonder about my dad. The other team was getting closer to hitting me. One hit, one injury, and I was toast. No more football. Joe’s next plan seemed doable. The team wouldn’t see it coming for a few touchdowns. He was a good captain on the field and I would follow him. Though, I couldn’t shake the feeling off earlier. His touch on my shoulder. I had to focus. I watched the defensive team and couldn’t believe they let a few touchdowns pass them. Coach Davis shouted some not so nice words and soon it was our turn to take the field. I was ready and still energized.

It went great. Our main defender on the offence protected me like he should. Though, the other team was leaning as they went. Soon, it was still getting harder and harder not to get hit. Joes scored a few touchdowns and the boys picked him up in victory. The game wasn’t over but we were ahead. I just watched as it all unfolded before me. I still didn’t feel like I was part of the team but at least we were winning. The rest was looking promising.

Halftime started and we headed to the locker room. It was strange being in the boy’s locker room when I was the only girl. But now it was go time. Some of the boys were tired. I was a little myself. What we needed was a good pep talk. The coach stared at us in silence for a few minutes. Just because we were winning didn’t mean we had to let it get to our heads. The other team still had time to catch up if we let them. That wasn’t going to happen. Not this game. Coach Davis took his hat off and stared at each one of us.

“This is the first time we’ve been this far ahead in the game. But it’s only the first half. They can still beat us. But dont. Let. Them score anymore!” The coach began. He was trying to not show so much happiness. It would be a sign of weakness. We would get our hopes up and our playing would end up sloppy, costing us the game. I looked around the room at all the rest of the boys; tired, dirty and not much energy. “Rochester,” I looked up at my name, “not bad for your first game on our team but you can do better. We all can.” I knew I could do better. I had to do better; run faster than any other player and not get hit. “Defense, I don’t want to see their team score another goal. Offensive, I want you to fight and push. Reach that goal. We are a team. So let’s play like one. We are BULLDOGS!” We all cheered and ran out into the field. It was time to get back out there.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:45 pm
User Image

Spencer Joseph Coleman

j o e

Joe's happiness was infectious. Few men on the team had seen Joe truly happy, or even smile longer than a few minutes. Joe was always so gaurded and somewhat intimidating.But now that they were winning, Joe was laughing, slapping the other guys on the helmet, and chest bumping. His players didn't know how to treat this new Joe.

Joe texted Willow, telling her they were ahead, but it might not last. Joe found Jessie as they were exiting the locker room and laid his hand on her back as they were walking, then grim still on his lips. "You're great out there. Let's keep it up, Jessie!" With a departing smile, Joe jogged out of the hallway, his fingers still tingling with the touch of her jersey.

The cheerleaders were performing their half-hearted routine, the band playing along. Joe sat on the bench since defense was up first. Half time was over and the boys took the field. Joe stood up, his serious demeanor back into place. After one play, the Bulldogs intercepted the ball and gained a touchdown. Joe let another smile slip as he grabbed his helmet and jogged onto the field. Looking over his shoulder, Joe saw Britt blow him a kiss and shake her pom poms. Joe grit his teeth and took his position at the back of the line. He took a breath, sent up a prayer, and shouted the play call, and caught the spiked ball.

iWhite Out

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:28 pm

~Jessie~

User Image

Joe stopped me before we ran out. Again, he touched my jersey and I felt the same way I did earlier. It felt weird but I wasn’t sure if it was a good thing or a bad thing. I realized I found his words more comforting than one else’s. Then, as he walked away, I tried to thank him but I couldn’t even find my own words. We all headed out of the tunnel and the cheerleaders were finishing up their little show. As we hit the field, I noticed the captain of the cheerleading squad blow a kiss to Joe. I wanted to vomit.

The game began and started with our defensive side. They had more energy and more of a will to beat the other team. The other team never got past them. I cheered along with my teammates when our defense intercepted the ball. Then it was our turn. A few times I thought I saw Joe smile. He had a nice smile but this was wrong. My mind was supposed to be on the game. Not the captain of the team. I readjusted my focus. Joe made the call and I ran. Play after play, Joe and I would readjust our strategy. Sometimes throwing the ball to other players instead of me or even having Joe, himself, run the ball to the touchdown.

The final quarter was the worst. This was it. All we had to do was keep the ball on our end and not let the other team intercept our ball. Joe made the call and I ran as I had been doing the entire game. My lungs were burning and my legs were aching. I needed a rest but there was no time. The clock was ticking down to the last few seconds. It was Joe’s decision whether or not he would throw the ball to me, another player or run with it himself. I watched him carefully though I wasn’t watching where I should have. One of the defensive line boys was running towards me. Joe threw the ball hard and I easily caught it. However, the second I did, the defensive line player tackled me just as I passed the goal line. His helmet went straight into my shoulder padding that went straight into my shoulder.

The refs whistled that the game was over. We had won and I was in pain. That hit was probably going to cost me. The football player was thrown off of me and Tom, my offensive guard, offered his hand to help me up. “Sorry,” he apologized, “the guy was too fast for me. I swear.” I believed him. I thanked him and the two of us joined our team in victory. The fans in the crowd were cheering and running down to great us. I searched for my father’s face but couldn’t find him.

Before I could go search for him, Coach Davis approached me. “Good work, Rochester!” He slapped my back harder than I anticipated he would. My shoulder throbbed. Most likely, it was bruised from the hit. “No practice tomorrow but we do have a short meeting. Be there.” With that, he left me to join my teammates but, instead, I went to search for any familiar face.

“Jessie!” I heard from behind me. Travis was working his way through the crowd dragging, I assumed, Stephanie, behind him. She was a little shorter than Travis who was taller than me. Her was brown with blonde highlights and her natural curls fell just below her shoulders. Stephanie looked average Jane but could fairly pass for a model. This was common with Travis. Pretty girl who used him for whatever she wanted. It was only a matter of time before we had the proof. “That was a great game! This is Stephanie.” The girl smiled as sweetly as she could.

“It’s so nice to finally meet you.” Typical and most common statement with all of his girlfriends. “Travis has told me so much about you.” Another statement most commonly used by his bimbos.

“I haven’t heard a thing about you.” I smiled but it was fake. Travis could see that but didn’t say a word about it. I looked to my brother, my smile now gone. “Where’s dad?” Not seeing his face worried me.

“He went to the car to wait for you. He’s taking us out for a nice treat so we can all talk.” This wasn’t good. Not only did I not want to talk with Stephanie but I also had homework. It was late and I would have a hard time going to bed on time as is. “So hurry up and change so we can go.” Needless to say, I agreed and hurried off to the girl’s locker room. No cheerleader in site. Just what I wanted. As I took off my jersey and pads, I looked at my shoulder in the mirror. A small bruise was beginning to form. Thankfully, it was small enough to hide under my shirt so my father wouldn’t see it. I could only hope nothing was broken.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:06 am
User Image

Spencer Joseph Coleman

j o e

Joe was floored that they managed to win. Tom had already came up to Joe begging him to not hurt him, since Jessie was hit. Joe shrugged it off, and sent him away to celebrate. Thinking of Jessie, Joe searched around for her, an expectant smile on his face. He saw her walking off to change after talking to a tall man and a short pretty girl.

Joe's heart sank, and he quickly shook the feeling off with a twinge of guilt. He was supposed to hate this girl for getting in the way of his team, but she helped them win. They were the perfect power duo, unstoppable.

Head down, Joe turned back towards the locker room to change and go home. He wasn't in the mood for a party, or drinking, or sex. He just wanted to curl up on the recliner beside Willow's bed and listen to her spout off random facts she'd learned over the day and fall asleep.

"Congrats, babe!" Joe heard a shrill voice scream across the mass of people. Britt flung herself on him and kissed his cheek.

"Thanks,"
Joe mumbled and tried to shake her off to go change.

"Are we still going to my house to celebrate?" Lust dripped off every word in that sentence, her eyebrows lowered sexily. Yet it stirred nothing up in Joe. It just angered him a little.

"No, Brittney. I'm going home."

"What? What the hell has been going on with you? Is it that new girl? Do you have feelings for her?!" Brittney's pride was throbbing, and her hands were on her hips.

"It doesn't matter if I have feelings for Jessie - I mean Jessica. I don't have feelings for you. Brittney, get lost. I want my varsity jacket back, and my class ring. No more rides, no more sex, no nothing, Brittney. We're over." Joe felt insanely good walking away from her, who, by the sounds of it, was already sobbing. Joe wanted to tell someone, and was floored that the first person he wanted to tell wasn't Willow.

Joe changed and drove home, trying as hard as he could not to think of Jessica. But he was stuck on her, and he didn't like it. When he got home, panic set in. It was too quiet again. He called his mother, who's car was still gone. His father's car was also absent. As was the nanny's car. His mom didn't answer the first eight calls. Willow's room was empty. No one answered when he screamed throughout the house.

Joe drove to the hospital closest to the house, and ran to the nurses desk. It was awful that the nurse knew him, because they had been in the hospital so frequently. "Room 105, baby." Joe ran to the room and found Willow being poked and prodded by her usual doctor, reading a trivia book held up by her food tray.

"Hey Spence!" She nearly screamed, and Joe gave her a half-hearted smile, while he dragged his mom out of the room. "What happened?" He demanded angrily.

"Willow was hungry, so she wanted to make a PB&J sandwich. But she slipped on her chair and landed on her foot. It's a simple cast, she's been in it before. She'll still be able to walk on her own, but they'll give her crutches. How was your game?" His mother added with a sympathetic smile.

"We won." Joe said with a proud smile, and was hugged by his mom. Joe went back into the room and told Willow about the game and she gave her congratulations and told him some interesting facts about football. Joe fell asleep to those facts, still sweaty and behind on homework.

iWhite Out

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:22 am

~Jessie~

User Image

The ride home was quiet. I hated it. We had gone to a small café where a lot of the other players and cheerleaders had gone. It was just for ice cream but it was weird. Travis didn’t mention to dad about wanting to marry her. Stephanie didn’t know herself but dad knew they were serious. This worried him. It worried me too. Compared to all his other girlfriends, Stephanie wasn’t any different. She was nice for a first impression but I had to wonder what went on behind closed doors. Was she really treating my brother well?

Dad let out a deep sigh as we turned the corner toward our street. I could tell he was thinking a lot over. He was wishing mom was here to help him through this. He was always wishing that. “This was really last minute, dad. I promise.” My father’s grip tightened on the wheel. I wasn’t going to win this fight. That one hit really made a difference. I knew it was the one thing that made my father leave the stadium early.

“I don’t want you to play anymore.” It was all he needed to say. I couldn’t argue with him. It would go very far. He would win and I would be stuck doing my homework like a good little kid. Now I wished mom was here to be on my side.

“But dad!” I started to protest but he lifted his hand in the air to silence me. I could feel a whole starting to form in my chest.

“One game, Jessica. That was your promise and you were hurt.” My father took in a deep breath and let it out to calm his nerves. “No more.”

“I understand,” my voice was soft but still audible. It was fun while it lasted. The feeling of running with a football and the rush I got when I scored a touchdown. I would never have that feeling again. I would move on to college and study something in business. Maybe even art. I was good at that. It was safe and kept me in a single room. Dad would like that better.

I ended up working on my homework till about 2 in the morning. Thankfully, I wouldn’t have to worry about doing this again. I wanted to play football but my father’s mind was set. The next morning I could barely function but, somehow, I was able to roll myself out of bed. After my shower, I looked at the bruise I had received at the game. It had grown bigger in the night. No longer was it the size of a quarter. Now it had grown to my entire shoulder. This was definitely bad in the eyes of my father. Groggily, I headed downstairs to make waffles for breakfast. Just as my dad walked downstairs right on the dot, the doorbell rang.

“Good morning, Rochester family!” My brother smiled as he walked in with a soda. My mouth began to drool. Travis joined us in the kitchen and handed me the bottle of Dr. Pepper. “Thought you might need this.” Travis winked and sat down at the table as I finished making breakfast. I had never been so happy to see my brother or caffeine. “Steph couldn’t join us. She had to work on her art gallery that’s opening this weekend. You guys should join us.” I placed a few waffles on some plates and handed them out. As I went to retrieve the syrup, I could feel my brother watching me. “Stephanie and I can’t wait to see your next game. You were great out there.”

“Jessica will not be playing any more football.” My dad stated. It was like a knife to my chest. Still, no more football. His mind was just the same. Travis couldn’t believe it. He began to question but I shook my head not to encourage it.

“I made a promise to dad.” I sat down at the table with the bottle of syrup as well as my own plate of waffles. “I was allowed to play one game. If I got hurt, that was it.” My shoulder throbbed as I gave my brother a shrug. My t-shirt barely hid the bruise. Travis looked at my dad as a full adult. This wasn’t my father’s son. This was a man talking to another man.

“You can’t do that to her. She’s great!” My father didn’t even flinch as he bit into his waffle. “You can’t stop her from getting hurt. It’s football. She’s going to get hurt.” This wasn’t helping. “Whether playing football or tripping down the stairs. You can’t lock her up in a bubble. She’ll suffocate.” I couldn’t take any more. I grabbed my bag and left my plate of uneaten waffles. Suddenly, the pain in my shoulder was not so bad compared to what I was really feeling. When I arrived at the school, I headed straight for Coach Davis’ office; jersey in hand. There was no more football for me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:49 pm
User Image

Spencer Joseph Coleman

j o e

Upon waking, Joe felt like death. Willow was still asleep, so he wrote her a note, telling her to stay strong, he was going to school. Joe got a doctor note to excuse him from homework. All of his teachers knew about Willow's condition and that he could only use her OI as an excuse with a doctor note.

Joe drove home at six o'clock, and almost fell asleep driving. He jumped in the shower and felt loads better already. Dressing in a dark grey V-Neck and dark skinny jeans, Joe felt warm and safe. He donned his blue converse and leather jacket and brushed his hair. Joe grabbed a large Monster out of his personal mini-fridge. After two large gulps, he was able to fully open his eyes.

Driving to school, he listened to "Tonight, tonight" by Hot Chelle Rae and his good mood was increased. Joe was perfectly on time, and walked through the hallways, some high fived him for the victory, others invited him to their parties tonight, some gave him shady looks. Joe guessed the news he dumped Brittney spread around quickly. Some girls who were desperate to him handed him numbers, and Joe just smiled, shrugged, and pocketed the numbers with no intention to call them.

Joe wanted to be the first in his Algebra class to tell his teacher about last night. She, of course, was sympethetic. Joe handed her the signed note, and at once she gasped, pouting up at Joe. "What happened?"

"She uh, slipped and fell. It was her foot." Joe whispered, leaning down towards the old teacher so no one would hear. "Minimal damage, she's a trooper."

She smiled and nodded, "Good. Don't worry about the homework dear, and just take it easy today. Oh, and congratulations on your win last night deary!"

Joe smiled as an answer and sat in the back, as always, and took out his book. He could be a winner on the field all he wanted but he still failed at math.

iWhite Out

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:05 pm

~Jessie~

User Image

The coach sat in his seat but, this time, he wasn’t looking at his playbook. Instead, he was still enjoying the feeling of having won a game. He smiled when he saw me in the doorway. “Rochester, come in. Have a seat.” I remained standing. This was going to be harder than I thought. “You played a tremendous game last night.”

“Thanks coach.” I tried to smile but it was hard. “I can’t stay long because I have to get to class but I wanted to give this back.” I placed the jersey on the desk. Coach looked at the jersey and then back at me puzzled. “I can’t play anymore.”

“What? But we won. You did great.” I had to keep going with what I had planned in my head.

“My dad doesn’t want me to play.” The coach started to protest but I stopped him. “Please, coach. Once my dad has made a decision it’s usually final. I have to get to class.” Before he said another word, I walked out of his office and headed to my Algebra class. Suddenly, the thought of Joe’s face when he would hear the news came to my mind. I felt guilty but it didn’t make sense. I hardly knew the kid. Plus, he had a girlfriend.

I turned down the hall, a few feet from my classroom; I bumped into Joe’s girlfriend along with her fellow cheerleaders. Before I could say anything, her hand went straight across my face. I looked at her and tried with every fiber of my being not to take her out. We were on school property and I would get kicked out for sure. Her eyes were red and puffy. She had been crying for some time. “That’s for ruining everything! More tears started to form in her eyes as she walked away. What was that about?

Quickly, I walked into my class before the bell could ring. I took my seat next to Joe and started to work on the problems on the board. “Hey Joe, can you talk to your girlfriend for me? She just slapped me across the face for no reason. You better talk to her before I take my revenge on her.” Even as I worked on the problems, I still thought of other ways to get back at her. Though, I kept thinking one thing. I had to tell Joe. It felt like my obligation. After all, we were a great team on the field. It was like we were connected but that was a dumb idea. Either way, I felt obligated to tell him I was off the team. Before anyone else could.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:46 pm
User Image

Spencer Joseph Coleman

j o e

Joe tried as hard as he could not to look up when Jessie entered the room. Some part of him needed to see her face, but Joe fought it and worked on the problems he didn't understand.

As Jessie informed him that Brittney slapped her, Joe was a mixture of appalled and amused. He looked up, and saw the red mark across her face. "She's not my girlfriend anymore. She thinks that, ha, I have feelings for you and thats why I dumped her." Joe spoke in a strained voice, eyes trained on his paper. "Sorry she hit you. I know where she lives if you wanna egg her house." He offered, looking up at her for once. he took as much of her face in as he could then looked back at his paper.

He truly wasn't sad about not being with Brittney. He felt freed, without this blond bimbo on his arm, it was like he could do anything, but he didn't want to. He could have any girl he wanted, but he didn't want just any girl. His sense of freedom was overwhelmed by a sense of being caged.

"Now only if I could understand this damn algebra, we'd truly have a rockin' football team. I'm two points from being kicked off." Joe didn't know why he was sharing this weakness with this stranger. "You know, Jess, we should hit a party tonight," he said, looking at her. "Since we did such a great job last night, we should celebrate." Joe offered her a genuine smile, which faltered a bit when Brittney walked in the room sobbing, ever the drama queen.

iWhite Out

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:20 pm

~Jessie~

User Image

If it was hard having to tell him the bad news before, it was harder now. He had feelings for me? What kind of feelings? Friendship or more? Should I make a move or no? Mentally, I had to slap myself. This was wrong. I shouldn’t get attached. Not to him. Not now. If I did, I would be even more heart broken than I already was. Plus, I was thinking too much into this. He meant as a friend and that was that. “A party sounds great.” I lied. I couldn’t remember the last time I went to a party. What would one wear? What happened at parties? Would dad even let me go?

When Joe mentioned he was having trouble with his math, my ears perked up a little. If I couldn’t see him on the field, at least I might be able to in another way. “Well, I could help you. Be like a tutor or something. If our minds can work together on the field, I’m sure we can in math class as well.” This was the moment. I had to tell him before he found out from any of the other players. But Mrs. Crowder started class. I looked over at an empty seat and noticed that Britney was nowhere in sight. I could have really cared less at this point.

After class I collected my things and Joe and I headed to P.E. But I had to stop him. Gently, I pulled him aside so that we could actually talk. “There’s something I need to tell you before you hear it from anyone else.” I took a deep breath before continuing. “I’m off the team. My dad won’t let me play before I got hit.” I didn’t know what was worse. Knowing I couldn’t play for the rest of my life or watching Joe’s reaction. This really was all new to me. Other students passed us as I listened to Joe. I knew he wouldn’t be happy. None of the team members would be. “It’s not Tom’s fault. It was bound to happen anyway.” I shrugged. “I can still help you with your math if you want.”

This seemed to be the worst thing I ever had to do. I had only been at the school a few days and I was, not only letting the entire school down but I was also letting their football team down. More importantly, their captain. What would happen when the rest of the school found out? Would they hate me and scorn me forever. I was bound to become a martyr of some kind.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:04 am
User Image

Spencer Joseph Coleman

j o e

Joe felt as if his personality was finally opening up in school, he was being more pleasant, and bam. Jessie quit the team. His face lost all emotion and he grit his teeth. "Okay." Joe said, a slight edge to his voice. To which part of her speech, Joe didn't know. He just had to deal with the loss to the team somewhere else. Joe nodded to Jessie and walked off to gym.

After changing quicker that everyone else, ignoring their compliments on the game, Joe went to the weight room. He needed to lose himself in the weights. He knew better than to put faith in anyone other than himself. To trust someone not to let him down. Joe began to bench press, zoning out.

How were they supposed to play now? Joe couldn't run the ball every time. Jessie personified a hope to play better, and without that, the bulldogs would play like they knew they would lose. It was all that damn girl's fault. Joe would go to the party tonight, after visiting the hospital, and would be the life of the party. Flirt with every girl, get drunk, let go of his edge.

After a grueling workout, Joe walked lazily back to the locker room, his body aching. He checked his phone, Willow was awake. Mom sent him a picture of her wearing a silly hat they bought down at the gift shop. A smile cracked on his face, only to be forgotten when he dressed out and walked to his next class. he didn't want to face Coach. He didn't want to face Brittney. He didn't want to face Jessica. He couldn't face anything right now.

iWhite Out

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:15 am

~Jessie~

User Image

I changed into my gym clothes and tried to search for Joe. To, at least, talk to him. The way he looked when he walked away from me didn’t look right. From his face, you would have thought I just broke up with him. I pushed the thought from my mind but I still needed to talk to him about this. As I walked down the halls around the gym, I spotted him through the window of the workout room. I tried to walk in but Ricky stopped me.

“You shouldn’t go in there. It’s not safe when he’s like this.” Ricky warned. I looked back over to Joe. His eyes were focused on something and it looked like he didn’t want to stop. I figured if I even said one word to him he would have tried to throw the weight at my head. Without saying anything to Ricky, I turned around and headed for the running track. Running was my escape. Somehow, I found it and ran toward the track not stopping once I got there. I passed all the other runners but I barely noticed. I looked straight in front of me and just ran. My mind went in all different directions. This all started with just joining the team. They wanted me off the team just yesterday and now they wanted me to stay on.

When it was time to leave, I headed back to the locker room but coach stopped me. “Rochester, take this.” Coach Davis handed me a Bulldog jersey. At first, I thought it was the same one I had worn the night before. In case he wanted me to take it home and wash it. I owed him that much. But when I turned the jersey over it read Rochester and the number 27. My family’s number. I felt like I should have cried but I didn’t. I just stared at the coach with an inquisitive look on my face. “I promised you a jersey so here ya go. I got connections. Plus, you never know. You may need it.” The coach winked at me as if he was hopeful. Or he knew something I didn’t. But I headed to the locker room and changed anyway before heading to the rest of my classes.

Word had gotten around by second period that I wasn’t on the team anymore. It was my first day of school all over again. They hated me and no one wanted to talk to me. I went to lunch, today with my own, and sat down at an empty table. I was a leper among these people. One touch and anyone could have what I had. I stared down at my food and forced myself to eat. I wasn’t hungry but, if I didn’t eat, it wouldn’t end well.

Out of my peripheral, I noticed a rather big guy sit in front of me. Someone had come to join the leper table. I could hear the gasps and yells of blasphemy in my mind. They would sentence him to a stoning. “Is it true?” I heard him ask, bringing me out my thought. When I looked up, I noticed the same football player before. The one whose fault it was in me joining the team. This time he was by himself. His name, I had learned, was Luke. He was buff but that was to be expected for a defensive guard. I nodded to his question. Luke looked a little disappointed. Not the same angry look he had when rumor had gone around that I was up for joining the team.

“Sorry to disappoint you bu-“

“You can’t quit!” Luke interrupted me. I was a little shocked that he seemed to care this much. “You’re a great player and good for our team.” This was torture. Luke could see that there was no use arguing it. I couldn't play. Not that I wouldn't, I just couldn't. My own flesh and blood was ruining my life. “At least, come to our meeting today after school.” I agreed and told him I would be there. Luke left to join his other teammates. Joe being among them. He wouldn’t look at me. It was expected, after what I told him. But I headed to class. I couldn’t stand sitting at the table. Not even a leper wanted to sit at the leper table.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:33 pm
User Image

Spencer Joseph Coleman

j o e

When Joe sat down at the table, all the players were jovial, hi-fiving him, giving him congratulations. Joe shook his head and took his seat. It felt weird without Brittney hanging off his arm. "What's wrong, Joe?" someone at the end of the table asked.

"Rochester quit." Two words that his mouth would never get used to. There was an uproar. Luke immediately got up and walked off, to talk to her. Joe wouldn't look. He couldn't see her now. His disappointment turned to anger. And anyone who had known Joe for longer than a month knew not to talk to him when he was angry.

Halfway through lunch, Joe grabbed his tray and left the table, all the eyes in the cafeteria staring at him. He discarded his full tray and stormed to Chemistry. He knew Jessie would be there, but he didn't know what to do. He couldn't skip, he had a test in English. We was ******** hallway was blissfully empty, so Joe sat down against the lockers outside the Chemistry room and called Willow. She answered on the third ring. "Hey Spencie!"

"Tell me something I don't know," Joe muttered, his fingers pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Well, almonds are members of the peach family.The maximum weight for a golf ball is 1.62 oz. Charlie Brown's father was a barber. Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected intravenously. Want more?"

Joe smiled and chuckled, calmed down greatly. "No, squirt. Thanks. You're a great help. I'll see you after school, okay?"

"Okay, freak. Don't break any bones!" Willow giggled at her joke and hung the phone up.

Joe stood, and at the perfect timing, lunch dismissed and he went into the class and gave the teacher his doctor excuse. After expressing sympathies, Joe was sent to his seat and laid his head on his desk.

iWhite Out

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:40 pm

~Jessie~

User Image

I didn’t know where else to go except Chemistry class. But when I got there, Joe was sitting outside of the door talking on his phone. Quickly, I turned around and walked somewhere else while I waited for the bell to ring. Several people passed me and shook their heads. I was clearly an unwanted person. I stopped at an open archway that led to the parking lot. It was tempting to just hop in my car and head home. It was safe there. No one to judge me. No one to hate me. But I told Luke and the coach that I would be there at the meeting later. Not to mention, the General wouldn't appreciate it if I arrived home before he did. Suddenly, my phone vibrated in my pocket. It was from Travis.

Hey JD, talk to dad when you get home. Don’t give up on your dream. I didn’t. – Trav

That was right. Dad didn’t want Travis to be a mechanic at first. He wanted his sons to go into the military like him. Louis, my second oldest brother, become a doctor but that was after he promised my father he would serve on the field for a few months as a medical soldier. It helped pay his way through college. Travis, on the other hand, wanted nothing to do with the military. He just wanted to fix things in the safety of his own garage. That was his dream but dad was in the way. It took some time but Travis walked into my father’s office at home, something we never do, and exchanged words. I never heard any shouting or even gun fire. Travis come out alive and he walked out with a smile. Somehow, he had convinced dad to accept the fact that he was going to be a mechanic.

That’s what I had to do. I wanted to play. Then again, I was still a kid according to my father. What good would it do to really stand up to him? The bell rang and I headed to my chemistry class where I took a seat. Joe seemed asleep on the desk but I tried not to look, or talk, to him. Thankfully, this was the last class with him.

And somehow we both made it through without talking to each other. It was hard but we did it. When class was over, I headed to my other classes. It was all a blur. I could hardly pay attention. Thankfully, art brought me back and helped me keep my sanity in tacked. The final bell rang and I headed to the gym where coach wanted us to meet. My new jersey felt heavy in my bag as I got closer. I knew I would see Joe there. I just wasn’t ready to.

03 One-on-One RPs

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff