Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Dragonriders of Pern Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you want a Dragon or a Firelizard?
  Dragon
  Firelizard
  Neither
View Results

Pwale

900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:51 am

I've read the first and I really liked it, but I can't figure out which ones next.... question
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:44 pm

If I remember rightly, Dragonflight is followed by... I don't remember the name.

...Thank you, Amazon. The second one should be Dragonquest.

NightIntent
Captain

Pwale

900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:34 am

NightIntent
If I remember rightly, Dragonflight is followed by... I don't remember the name.

Thank you! 4laugh
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:21 pm

Lady Greenwitch
NightIntent

Thank you! 4laugh

No problem. Since you brought it up, I wanted to know, too. I would have been wondering about it until I found out, otherwise.

NightIntent
Captain

Shanti~dragongirl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:31 am

hope you enjoy it lady greenwitch!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:50 pm

Yay! i finally got dragonsblood! i was waiting forever for it to come out in paperback! it's awsome heart

Shanti~dragongirl

Meithanos

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:10 pm

Ooh... My "first" Fantasy series... and I still love it!

I started with the Harper Hall Trillogy in 5th grade (Last book, then the first one and second one) and didn't read much of anything again until 7th grade and re-read that trillogy and continued on into the rest of the series. And I loved it. I own all of the series save the most recient few that were written by Anne and Todd... or just Todd.

Honestly I didn't care for the one by Anne and Todd that I did read.

As far as the poll goes though... I have to say Firelizard. I have no inclination to be a Dragonrider at all. I tend to lean more towards Harpering and the such.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:41 pm

I love the Dragonriders of Pern series.

I have a program called Google Earth, and using a map of Pern, I was able to make a scale 3D virtual globe of Pern :3

I know.. I rule..

Czarevich

Meithanos

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:42 pm

I made a harper blue "Gather dress" and a Journeyman's Knott (as pictured in the Dragonlover's guide to Pern) and wore it for several halloweens now while carying around a flute.

It was fun.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:59 pm

@Elantis~heh don't celebrate halloween here, but that sounds awsome, I've just been rereading that trilogy too, I haven't been able to get my hands on the dragonlover's guide yet but i really want it!

@Dieste~wow i didn't know you could do that with google earth that's so cool

in general i really would just be happy to live on pern, even if i was just a halfwit drudge like Camo, at least he's the son of the master harper and get's to travel around with Menolly.

Shanti~dragongirl

Ayla Skye

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:00 pm

When I first read the Dragonriders series I started with Dragonsong, Dragonsinger and Dragondrums. I have read all but the newest ones because I've been reading some other books right now. They are my favorite books.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:29 pm

Shanti~dragongirl
@Elantis~heh don't celebrate halloween here, but that sounds awsome, I've just been rereading that trilogy too, I haven't been able to get my hands on the dragonlover's guide yet but i really want it!

lol... Well... thats what it was MADE for... doesn't mean I only wear it for Halloween. I have been sighted just runing around in public wearing it and a cloak. And have even given Pern based presentations at college wearing it.

I'll take ANY excuse to dress in costume.

Meithanos

Shanti~dragongirl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:36 am

lol what were the presentations about?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:05 am

Shanti~dragongirl
lol what were the presentations about?

Disenfranchisement... or in layman's terms. People who get pushed out of society for whatever reason. There's LOTS of that in Pern I noticed. I turned what was only supposed to be a 10 minute presentation into half an hour without realizing it... sweatdrop

Meithanos

Shanti~dragongirl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:32 am

heh did you get any extra marks?
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items