Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply The White Tomb [Archives]
Keeper's Crevasse! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who do you think will win?
Irish will win! Irish will fly! Gonna send that quaffle through the sky!
68%
 68%  [ 11 ]
Peru will win! Peru will score! Gonna dispatch those clovers out the door!
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 16

vivacious_red

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:00 pm
((That's true... the beaters have all been in attack mode, they're never really on the defensive...
idea perhaps there is something to that...
we shall see... whee ))

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:57 am
My, my, my, aren't you all so evenly matched!
This week I decided to give half-marks for half-right answers, In future, I will make note in the question of how much parts of the question are worth. For example...
Quote:
Who came through the barrier at platform 9 ¾ immediately following Harry and Arthur in his third year(5pts) and in what manner did they do it (5pts)?

Easy enough?

The points from Series 2 are as follows...

-75pts from Peru

-70pts from Ireland

These points will be added--er scream REMOVED FROM the scores from last week on the first page.
(( forgive me, sometimes I get a little frustrated that we deal in negatives here... it just doesn't mesh with my optimistic spirit! gonk ))
wink

Quick Note! The scores for Series 1 were -70pts from Peru and -60pts from Ireland... just fyi...

vivacious_red

vivacious_red

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:18 pm
Calliope
*Series 3*
For this series you will be allowed to use the Books ONLY for ONE question of your choice. You must however tell me the page number where you found the answer and what version of the books you used (i.e. US paperback release, UK hardback, etc)

Series 3
1. What was the final score of the Quidditch World Cup? (5pts for each team’s score)

2. In their fifth year, what did Harry get Hermione for Christmas? (be specific!)

3. What was Harry having for breakfast when Ron received the howler from Mrs. Weasley regarding the stolen Ford Anglia?

4. What color socks did Ron give Dobby on Christmas so he could “mix them up properly”?

5. When Cormack McLaggen was filling in for Ron as keeper in the match against Hufflepuff, what was the score before Harry got his scull cracked? (5pts for each team’s score)

You will have until next Wednesday(7/27) to send these answers to me! It's okay to guess because I don't expect you to get all of the questions right! But remember, that you are duty-bound to do your Country justice, or, to put it more colloquially...
Make your Mamma Land Proud!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:18 pm
Be sure to note that you can only use the books for ONE of this weeks questions! If you have any questions or need clarification, please ask!

vivacious_red

Syreyn

10,350 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:22 pm
Gotcha smile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:04 pm
Fellow Referee Amelia, comes and sees how Calliope is doing smile

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

vivacious_red

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:25 pm
Amelia! xd Welcome to the Keeper's Humble Domain! Where the keepers hardly ever talk, and I get to listen to the sound of my own typing wink

I'm very interested in how evenly matched the teams are, at least as far as the chasers and keepers go... I haven't looked into the beaters much, and the seekers have only had one snitch so far.... but really.. it's pretty cool... this is going to be VERY exciting game overall I think.. *knocks on wood*

P.S. KEEPERS feel free to give me a little thumbs up letting me know you've gotten the messages that I've posted (as Amanda demonstrated)... It would calm my nerves a lot to know you guys are hearing what I'm saying 3nodding

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:01 am
vivacious_red
Amelia! xd Welcome to the Keeper's Humble Domain! Where the keepers hardly ever talk, and I get to listen to the sound of my own typing wink

I'm very interested in how evenly matched the teams are, at least as far as the chasers and keepers go... I haven't looked into the beaters much, and the seekers have only had one snitch so far.... but really.. it's pretty cool... this is going to be VERY exciting game overall I think.. *knocks on wood*

P.S. KEEPERS feel free to give me a little thumbs up letting me know you've gotten the messages that I've posted (as Amanda demonstrated)... It would calm my nerves a lot to know you guys are hearing what I'm saying 3nodding

*gives a huge thumbs up*
((Sorry it took so long but driving seriously takes alot out of you especially when your used to sea level and you wind up 3000 feet above. Plus, I've been on vacation for about a week and a half now so, there just hasn't been much time for posting. I did just want to let you know red, that the whole referee/announcer idea was brilliant. I appreciate you! ))

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:03 pm
Hey hey hey! Things are going pretty well i guess i should send a PM maybe the Chasers will see my announcements that way instead of posts my Chamber is so quiet the crickets sound like bears yelling lol except Helen she is great

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:06 am
Aunt Slappy
Hey hey hey! Things are going pretty well i guess i should send a PM maybe the Chasers will see my announcements that way instead of posts my Chamber is so quiet the crickets sound like bears yelling lol except Helen she is great

Ahahahaha! Bears yelling? I think our brand of crickets sound more like... a group of Giants Snoring in the mountains... it's the "crevasse" don't you know, a bit like a ravine... just this huge open expanse where the sound of them just echos about all over the place. whee

P.S. *Gives Avatar a huge smile, then a big hug* User Image Thank you!

vivacious_red

vivacious_red

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:18 am
Again, so evenly matched!
This week I saw that many of you are rather good with remembering numbers! You all did very well indeed!
I also have several things I need to announce, but I will put them in the next post. Don't forget to read them as they are quite important!
And now what you've been waiting for....

The points from Series 3 are as follows...

-70pts from Peru

-65pts from Ireland

These points will be removed from the total keepers score.
Stay tuned for an important update! And then, Series 4!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:03 am
*Important Notices!*
Alrighty I've got several things to lay out for you guys, these are all to give you due warning, improve efficiency, and so you guys know where I'm coming from. I'll try my hardest not to ramble.

Calliope

• Tumbs-up: I've said this a few times before, but I want to know you've gotten the information and that I can hold you accountable for it. Even simply a ninja- shifty-shifty smiley will do the trick. (you could even show your team spirit that way with a nice User Image or User Image )

• Confirmation PMs: I will now be sending a confirmation PM, to let you know that I have received your answers to help avoid confusion. However, I'd like to note, that I will not send the results of your answers until I have received everyone's answers.

• Timely Answer=Timely Commentary: I'd like you to know that the commentary in the stands is my pet-project, and I worked really hard to get it all together to make this a really memorable event. (Of course I couldn't have done it without Amelia's AMAZING support though) That said, it only works if you get your answers in quickly, giving me/us something to work with. And even if it's not as important to you, it really is to me, so please take that into consideration.

• Subject: This is a simple one. In the subject of you answers please put the SERIES NUMBER and YOUR COUNTRY. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Nice and Easy.

• Lexi-cop-out: While I don't think this has really been a problem, I just want to remind you to NOT use the lexicon or any other source that I haven't given permission for to get your answers. It's a bust, and ruins things for everyone.

• That's it? Most of you have probably seen the scores for the teams by now, not much to look at eh? Well taking those into consideration and as we are smack dab in the middle of the match, I figure the timing is right to start to amp up the difficulty of the questions. I will continue to ask trivia of merely mentioned details (which I admit, you guys have been answering with almost disturbing ease) but soon I will also start asking things that aren't explicitly said in the books. Don't panic, I'm not going to make things up willy-nilly, these will be questions where you have to deduce the answer from what you know. An opportunity to prove your working knowledge of Harry Potter, and hopefully a fun one, at that. I will start off with one simple reasoning question for this series then have more and more in both quantity and difficulty over the next series'.

• Oh the Humanity: Okay last thing, seeing as I'm coming up with these questions myself, there is definitely the possibility of Human Error. I'm extremely thorough in my fact checking, and I make sure to see the answers physically in the books before I hold you guys accountable for them. That said, for these new reasoning questions in particular, I don't want you guys to feel hard done by, if you have a question about a question, please ASK! Also, if you have a question or dispute about the correct answers once they're released feel free to ask that too. And also, speaking of human error, I'm pretty good at math, but if I've added something incorrectly in tallying your points, please don't hesitate to point it out to me!

Alright hopefully that didn't take so long to read that you've all got beards as long as Albus Dumbledore's now. Unless of course, you wanted one, in which case, I hope it did and your quite welcome! Series 4 will be out to you very soon! User Image

-Calliope Wimple

vivacious_red

Syreyn

10,350 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:03 am
Duly note oh Captain, my captain *salutes* mrgreen

((how in the world did you change your ninjas color?!? eek ))  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:20 am
I repeat, DO NOT use the lexicon or any online sources AT ALL!
Also, for this series, I chose to continue to allow you to use the book for only ONE question of your choice, and that includes the reasoning question. Good luck keepers!!! heart

Calliope

*Series 4*
For this series you will be allowed to use the Books ONLY for ONE question of your choice. You must however tell me the page number where you found the answer and what version of the books you used (i.e. US paperback release, UK hardback, etc)

Series 4
1. In what book can one find the correct way to juice a Snargaluff pod?

2. How Much do Fred and George bet on the Quidditch World Cup?(3pts for right number of galleons, sickles, knuts; 10pts if all parts are correct)

3. According to the Kwikspell letter, who had ‘no memory for incantations’ before the course?

4. What color are Buckbeak’s eyes?

5. (Reasoning) When Harry leaves the Dursley’s for the last time, on what date specifically does the order plan to move him? Given that Harry was born in July of 1980. (5pts for the day, 5pts for the year)

You will have until next Wednesday(8/3) to send these answers to me! It's okay to guess because I don't expect you to get all of the questions right! But remember, that you are duty-bound to do your Country justice, or, to put it more colloquially...
Make your Mamma Land Proud!

vivacious_red

vivacious_red

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:31 am
@ Amanda: xd THANK YOU!!!! heart
... also....
ninja
User Image = : ninjagreen : <--- except minus the spaces between...
User Image = : ninjared : <--- except minus the spaces between...
Although now I'm kinda worried that it's just a tektek toolbar thing... but I don't think it is...

there is also : ninjablue : too...
User Image
^Great, now looking at all of them together, I feel like they're power rangers for some reason...

The White Tomb [Archives]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff