Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Music - Related Topics
Who is better Dimmu Borgir or Cradle Of Filth? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

who is the better black metal band??
  Dimmu Borgir
  Cradle Of Filth
  Other
View Results

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:04 pm
Isobel Bellamy
Digital Malevolence
no it is Gothic Metal as a REAL subgenre of Metal holding such bands as Agathodaimon, Lost In Tears, newer Rotting Chirst, Poisonblack and Graveworm. Cradle of Filth is actually Extreme Gothic Metal meaning its a little different then the regular Gothic Metal but it is a real genre.

you can even look it up here Metal-Acrhives

Did I dispute that goth metal was a subgenre? *sigh* I ain't even gonna go into classifying Cradle by subgenre, it ain't worth the hassle. They have the make-up of death metal, they have the brutality of death metal, they have the orchestral leanings of symphonic black metal. Their performances are very thatrical, a hallmark of shock rock/metal.

Digital Malevolence
wacken is a European Metal Fest not a "Germany fest" i can tell by your post you dont know much of what you are talking about so how can you criticize it?

LMFAO, aw, sweetie, I said Germany because it's in GERMANY. I'm from Europe, the little island called Britain.
Cradle Of Filth are Extreme Gothic Metal.....theres nothing Death about them.....if they were to be catagorized by anything else they would be closer to Black Metal, and sorry for my lack of hospitality, i was in a bitter mood when i wrote all that sweatdrop

and i know, but you made it sound, you know ******** it. i screwed up so just shoot me. it was late when i wrote that.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:21 pm
Isobel Bellamy
Rellik San
Well, I can't go either and only know basic german. sad
Although everyone should know Jagermeister.... mmmmm Jagermeister.
Anyway, it kind of does matter what festival you play as you choose according to the audience that will be there, Oz Fest tends to bring out all the 'oh I'm so alternative because I know this band...' kids, where as Wacken is more everyone knows most bands and is fairly friendly with one another, not much eltism involved.

As for Sharon, funny thing happened after that, all the bands with members under 35 sided with her, All the bands over 35 sided with Maiden, but worse, you know Maiden and Ozzy went for a pint after it all... So its not even as if it was musical rivalry.

Hm, I'm not really into the ethos that where you play determines what you are, a band could play at T in the Park and still be metal.
Spose it's just black/death metal, darn those all important images! I love the irony of image doesn't matter in metal, so cute 4laugh

*twitch* did I just put on a few decades to my age there? eek I think it was a money issue, someone wanted more or something and it just escalated

I but a decade and a half on mine, so probably, anyway, how it went down, Bruce made a joke to someone about the Osbournes being scripted, which we all knew anyway, but Sharon overheard and took offense to it. The funniest thing about it all is when Mudvayne ran across the stage with a Stars and Stripes during the Trooper because Sharon said it was unpatriotic to wave just a Union Jack.... even though both her and Ozzy are English...  

Rellik San
Crew

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:35 am
Rellik San

I but a decade and a half on mine, so probably, anyway, how it went down, Bruce made a joke to someone about the Osbournes being scripted, which we all knew anyway, but Sharon overheard and took offense to it. The funniest thing about it all is when Mudvayne ran across the stage with a Stars and Stripes during the Trooper because Sharon said it was unpatriotic to wave just a Union Jack.... even though both her and Ozzy are English...

Weird...see, I don't keep up with all this gossip, I just care about the music...in a non-wannabe way. And because I can't be bothered to keep adrift of what's cool to be a fan of. Last year it was Trivium, now if you say you like them you're a poseur...Bring me The Horizon was in for about two weeks, then they suddenly changed into a load of un-talented children. Whatever happened to that Andrew WK? hailed as the "saviour of rock" then disapreaderd after 1 album. Then Paramore, before their first single became widely played they were just another emo-band, c'ept with a *gasp* female singer, obviously a way to be different. Can't just be another and can they.... Feh, ruins a subculture that supposedly prides its self on being different from the mainstream, yet still has the trappings of what you should and shouldn't like.

Ohh, lookit me all with the 'non-conformity' rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:12 pm
That reminds me..
I'm attending my very first concert in 14 days.
And it will be Cradle of Filth.

But personally, I don't think either band is better than the other.  

Crematoria

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:39 pm
Crematoria
That reminds me..

Ohh, first time? Here's a tip, justy incase the place is packed drink a ton of water, keep well hydrated, last thing you wanna do is have to be pulled out of the place because you collapsed. It's no fun xp

And sorry to say this, but I'd advise no skirts. And a tight belt. Some of the guys at gigs are real pervs. Not sure what it's like round where you are, but you never know.

Oh, and have fun! Dani's a complete nutball, he should have to laughing 3nodding He kindly reminded the kids in the pit that if they's lost their shoe/s, they'd be standing in piss rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:43 pm
firewind  

The Dadalorian

Crematoria

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:15 am
Isobel Bellamy
Crematoria
That reminds me..

Ohh, first time? Here's a tip, justy incase the place is packed drink a ton of water, keep well hydrated, last thing you wanna do is have to be pulled out of the place because you collapsed. It's no fun xp

And sorry to say this, but I'd advise no skirts. And a tight belt. Some of the guys at gigs are real pervs. Not sure what it's like round where you are, but you never know.

Oh, and have fun! Dani's a complete nutball, he should have to laughing 3nodding He kindly reminded the kids in the pit that if they's lost their shoe/s, they'd be standing in piss rofl

No skirts? And bring a pack of water bottles? Sure. :3
But awh.
<3 I had an adorable Lolita outfit in mind.
lol, "complete nutball".
I can't wait.
>_<  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:47 pm
Crematoria

No skirts? And bring a pack of water bottles? Sure. :3
But awh.
<3 I had an adorable Lolita outfit in mind.
lol, "complete nutball".
I can't wait.
>_<

Yup, lotsa water, drink the night before and the day of the gig (make sure you use the bathroom before the show! Don't wanna miss it!).

You could wear that, but make sure you keep away from the creepy ones, it's a b***h that people try to ruin gigs for people but it's the world we live in.

And also, wear nothing you value to a cradle gig if you want to go to the front, some of the pits at that kind of show can get pretty violent. I had my best trousers ripped apart in a gig. I was not happy. Some kid decided I would be a good thing to grab a hold of when he fell, promt ripping of top and falling over followed. Then being stamped on.

Yeah, that's another tip; you fall down and can't get up, curl into a ball and scream your head off, you're allowed to do the damsel in distress routine in a mosh pit rofl

Though, that's UK gigs, if you're from another part of the world I'm not sure about there sweatdrop  

Isobel Bellamy

0DeathTrap0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:43 pm
CRADLE OF FILTH!!!! although I like Dimmu Borgir, I love Dani Filth's vocals, and I think Shagrath's voice altering is stupid  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:56 am
Isobel Bellamy
Rellik San

Weird...see, I don't keep up with all this gossip, I just care about the music...in a non-wannabe way. And because I can't be bothered to keep adrift of what's cool to be a fan of. Last year it was Trivium, now if you say you like them you're a poseur...Bring me The Horizon was in for about two weeks, then they suddenly changed into a load of un-talented children. Whatever happened to that Andrew WK? hailed as the "saviour of rock" then disapreaderd after 1 album. Then Paramore, before their first single became widely played they were just another emo-band, c'ept with a *gasp* female singer, obviously a way to be different. Can't just be another and can they.... Feh, ruins a subculture that supposedly prides its self on being different from the mainstream, yet still has the trappings of what you should and shouldn't like.

Ohh, lookit me all with the 'non-conformity' rofl

I only know because I was checking the Iron Maiden homepage for tour dates and festivals at the time. Lol, Trivium, I've never liked, hailed as saviours of metal... the next maiden (even though we all know Dragonforce are taking the throne when Bruce and co retire) they do exactly whats been done before, much worse then anyone who's done it before, they make me ashamed to like metal to be honest... And they look like shaved monkeys. Andrew WK was a novelty whilst it lasted, it was metal with the feel good quality of rock and all pompous pretense of metal removed, but the kids didn't like them as HIM were to be next big thing (god knows why) leaving AWK out in the cold. To be honest these days, I'm less into the big bands and more into the likes of Skinlab and Pledge Your Alegience, bands with some bite to them, instead of kids whinning about being told to do their bedrooms and their girlfriends breaking up with them, I like music to tell a great story or have meaning.

These days it seems like everyone jumps onto the boat and leaves me on the island 'Hey Rellik, you coming on the Trivium boat?' 'No thanks, I'd rather stay here and gnaw my own arm off.' lol  

Rellik San
Crew

Wanderer Ganglari

Gracious Seeker

7,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:28 pm
Cradle of Filth. There both good bands but i just think Cradle is beter.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:07 pm
Digital Malevolence
Isobel Bellamy
Digital Malevolence
no it is Gothic Metal as a REAL subgenre of Metal holding such bands as Agathodaimon, Lost In Tears, newer Rotting Chirst, Poisonblack and Graveworm. Cradle of Filth is actually Extreme Gothic Metal meaning its a little different then the regular Gothic Metal but it is a real genre.

you can even look it up here Metal-Acrhives

Did I dispute that goth metal was a subgenre? *sigh* I ain't even gonna go into classifying Cradle by subgenre, it ain't worth the hassle. They have the make-up of death metal, they have the brutality of death metal, they have the orchestral leanings of symphonic black metal. Their performances are very thatrical, a hallmark of shock rock/metal.

Digital Malevolence
wacken is a European Metal Fest not a "Germany fest" i can tell by your post you dont know much of what you are talking about so how can you criticize it?

LMFAO, aw, sweetie, I said Germany because it's in GERMANY. I'm from Europe, the little island called Britain.
Cradle Of Filth are Extreme Gothic Metal.....theres nothing Death about them.....if they were to be catagorized by anything else they would be closer to Black Metal, and sorry for my lack of hospitality, i was in a bitter mood when i wrote all that sweatdrop

and i know, but you made it sound, you know ******** it. i screwed up so just shoot me. it was late when i wrote that.

And what exactly is the difference between black and death metal by the way?

Also, why oh why do we need about 5 different genre's for one music style, the difference in them all amounting to the bass being played a little differently or something else just as asinine?  

Rellik San
Crew

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:04 pm
Rellik San
Digital Malevolence

Also, why oh why do we need about 5 different genre's for one music style, the difference in them all amounting to the bass being played a little differently or something else just as asinine?

I'm more confused by the "'Extreme' Gothic Metal" ... Paraside Lost and Type O Neg are Goth Metal, you "extremify" them, and Cradle is NOT what you get. Hell, you make Doom "extreme" and Cradle isn't what you get.

Its like trying to shove Alice Cooper into a box, he just fights back kicking, screaming and spitting (as he should xd ), its just not going to happen.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:04 am
Isobel Bellamy
Rellik San
Digital Malevolence

I'm more confused by the "'Extreme' Gothic Metal" ... Paraside Lost and Type O Neg are Goth Metal, you "extremify" them, and Cradle is NOT what you get. Hell, you make Doom "extreme" and Cradle isn't what you get.

Its like trying to shove Alice Cooper into a box, he just fights back kicking, screaming and spitting (as he should xd ), its just not going to happen.

You extremify Type O Neg and you end up with a stage show that probably involves voices so deep only fish can understand them whilst the band practically violates 18 year old nuns on stage. Cradle is what happens when a Death Metal band is jumped upon and pounded down and down and down again by a record label into becomming marketable.

Nah Alice wouldn't kick and scream and hiss and spit. He'd just hit them with his cane.  

Rellik San
Crew

babalonsatene

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:43 pm
Dimmu definitely, I love Vortex and his red hair smile

I love the Kamelot song too, that has Shagaroth singing on it.  
Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff