Parents and Facebook. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cariella

Questionable Shopper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:45 pm
I have a FB, and so does my mom and brother. I only have my bro added, not my mom. She doesn't care whether I'm her friend or not, which is fine to me. I don't post much anyways.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:13 pm
I have blocked my mother, so she thinks that I do not have a FB. But I am friends with my stepmom and grandma. But my mother is often a subject of my "status updates."  

Whiskey On A Sunday

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:34 pm
I have my mom as a friend on Facebook.
She knows what kind of person I am and she doesn't care about what I post.
I can post about how drunk I got, post pictures of me making out with my boyfriend, swear, link junk about hot naked chicks.. she doesn't care. XD
Heck I even have my grandmother on Facebook and still do all that. rofl
I don't need to hide s**t from my family, this is who I am, they know that. heart

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:39 pm
Facebook is how I met my biological father..and yes.. I have him added.

Though I deleted all my other family members because they pissed my off with guilt trips about going to live with my dad..

so.. ******** them I guess.

Lady Kira X

Caring Cleric

10,300 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

xsophbunny

Wheezing Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:25 pm
I have a FB, but my parents don't. I guess if they had one, I don't mind if they added me. I don't update statuses or anything. I just play apps. Lol. ;3 & I just use facebook to talk to other family members that live in the Bay Area.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:31 pm
yes i have a fb account but my parents don't.
if they do i would definitly not add them.
as a matter in fact i would shutter.

i like to keep my social and family life as far apart from each other as possible.

i did go through the trouble of adding my 18 years old female cousin and my aunt on fb once.
it did not turn out pretty.

my cousin went through my fb profile and basically scanned through what i did, what pictures i had.

a few days later a phone call came and my grandma was telling my mom i was dating.

so i came home from school and my mom was calmly raging. get this my family does not approve of dating until...years and years later...until i'm finished university or something.

anyways when i said no she told my grandma that on the phone. and my grandma asked my cousin which in turn told them to go on my fb profile.
so i ended up having to show my mom my profile. lucky for me they photo they were commenting on was a boy my mom knew well and liked.

turned out the photo was from my grade 7 grad. >_____>

well after that i deleted every photo i had and deleted both my aunt and cousin from my fb.

so you get why i would shutter.
family life and social life is very different for me.
i act very differently depending where i am.

EarlsGarden

Newbie Hunter

ILoveTalkingOranges808

6,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:40 pm
Yah, I have my mom added. I HATE IT!!! My mom looks at everything I 'like'! UGH... I feel like I am being invaded with my mom in my privacy.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:03 pm
My parents don't have a FB but my bro does. He's not my facebook friend though. stare  

crackerlover

Rainbow Fatcat

Veloxi

Newbie Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:15 pm
User Image
I sαʏ. . .

My mother doesn't use a computer, so no facebook for her.
My father does, and he did request me to be his friend. I deleted the request, not wanting to. Because he's pretty much an a*****e. :U More to my sister than I, though.

But, I do have a family friend added, as well as two of my cousins and my sister. A few years back, I probably wouldn't have added them. But that was when I was on facebook a lot.
Nowadays, I haven't updated my status in months, nor do I spend that much time on the site.

It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff