Welcome to Gaia! ::

Death Note Forum

Back to Guilds

Death Note Forum - Come join us for Death Note information, graphics, screenshots, quotes, artwork, news, role play, games, fun and prizes! 

Tags: Death Note, Death Note Forum, Death Note Role Play, Death Note Anime, Death Note Fans 

Reply Death Note Discussion
If you could change anything about Death Note.... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xRyiox

Melodious Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:47 pm
DomaDoma
xRyiox
All the women in death note are either ditsy, killed off, or useless.

But I'll notice that you didn't list Halle. =D (And Raye is a jerk, but it doesn't keep Naomi from being competent and awesome. What it does do is ensure his own damnfool death. And if her death keeps her from being competent and awesome, then scratch out most of the cast.)

Still and all, though, you're right. Especially as Naomi apparently sees something in that schmuck to begin with.

As for the Americans... they're portrayed much better in the manga. The president prior to Marshal Petain over there was actually a pretty honorable guy. (Actually, what with the giant banner over Demegawa's newsdesk proclaiming "EVEN AMERICA HAS SUBMITTED!!" or somesuch, they rather flatter the Americans' resolve against Kira, given that we're a bit more chill with the death penalty than Japan is to begin with. But hey, I appreciated the flattery.)

I think I was listing off most of the women in the anime, hell I may have missed one or two, but I was just looking for examples. xD  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:52 am
Akiko-infinity

Puh-lease. Naomi Misora handed her real name over to a stranger because he said he was working with L. If that doesn't make her an idiot, then Misa Amane is a genius. stare

...Also, he just so happened to know secret details about the investigation, details confirmed by a third party as true. It was a plausible enough story.  

DomaDoma

Akiko-infinity

Benevolent Hellraiser

21,450 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hunter 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:13 pm
DomaDoma
Akiko-infinity

Puh-lease. Naomi Misora handed her real name over to a stranger because he said he was working with L. If that doesn't make her an idiot, then Misa Amane is a genius. stare

...Also, he just so happened to know secret details about the investigation, details confirmed by a third party as true. It was a plausible enough story.

Plausible, yes. But I suppose I'm holding her to too high a standard. I mean, had L been in the same situation, he would never have done it. He would have surmised that the killer could have gotten these details. He would have only spoken to the person he was going to speak to in the first place.

Also...didn't the FBI know that the person who was Kira was possibly obtaining confidential information? (I could be wrong on this detail, I need to go back and rewatch the series).

I spent the entire time screaming at my computer screen "DON'T DO IT! HE'S GOING TO KILL YOU!!!" sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:25 pm
I would have changed the part where L dies. the book should've had Light write L's name into the Death Note. also I would change the part where Ryuk offers the eyes. If I was Light, I would've said yes because all I needed to do was to look at someone and find out their name and they would die. Light was to greedy to give up a bit of his life force...  

Clover_like_goodness

Sugary Kitten

15,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

AKILEY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:51 pm
If I could change anything in Death Note I would change the scene in which Light is beaten. Why? Because that was simply the "moral" ending not the what if the "bad guy" won ending.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:44 am
AKILEY
If I could change anything in Death Note I would change the scene in which Light is beaten. Why? Because that was simply the "moral" ending not the what if the "bad guy" won ending.

I don't know why it's supposed to be inherently better if the bad guy wins.  

DomaDoma

AKILEY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:10 pm
It's because the "bad guy" never wins and it would be new.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:13 pm
Ok! I could go on and on and on about L not dieing, but that would kinda mess up the second half of the series. If I could change it, as already said, I would put Matt and Mello in it a lot more (mostly Matt) so that you could actaully get to know them better. I would also give them a better death, or just not kill of Matt at all. He could have been useful to Near when taking down Light. Anyway, Mello and Matt had suck-ish deaths...It was like puh-lease! You writers are far more creative than that. And as already said, it would be nice to have a strong female main character. I think a girl from Wammy's House would have been cool.  

iCarrot-ness

Ruthless Prophet

Relatively Crazy

5,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:56 pm
I remember, I wish Matt got more screen and vocal time in the anime.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:12 pm
People that are saying Light should have won.

I noticed there was an alternate ending on youtube where Light 'won' per-say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue8fM2FBL_A

Manga only. It's very depressing though, and if you wanna watch it, be warned it has music attached that, if you don't like heavy rock you might want to turn the sound off.  

xRyiox

Melodious Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Clover_like_goodness

Sugary Kitten

15,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:14 pm
is Matt a new charater in the anime?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:39 pm
Saiisawsome123456789

The anime hasn't played any new seasons in a while, and he only had a two show appearance and only one line. In the Manga he is I think equally showed as too Mello.  

Relatively Crazy

5,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100

English_Git

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:03 pm
You know, I would change how easily manipulative the girls in Death Note are but i think it just set an example on how persuasive and smart Light is. All the women in Death Note were screwed over because Light got into the picture. Anyways,
If I did change something, it would probably be the fight between L and Near. It was great but, if the case was just a bit more harder you know? It seemed almost a little too easy. It would've been fun to see Near and Light really bash heads.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:20 am
Relatively Crazy
Saiisawsome123456789

The anime hasn't played any new seasons in a while, and he only had a two show appearance and only one line. In the Manga he is I think equally showed as too Mello.

thats weird I haven't seen him...  

Clover_like_goodness

Sugary Kitten

15,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Relatively Crazy

5,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:31 pm
Saiisawsome123456789
Relatively Crazy
Saiisawsome123456789

thats weird I haven't seen him...

Are you new to the show? If so then you wouldn't have seen him until the last few shows.  
Death Note Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff