Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Astronomy Class (CLOSED!!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be taking Astronomy this Term?
Yes!
90%
 90%  [ 9 ]
No...
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:48 am
um professor wasnt the shield that athena gave to perseus called aiges which is zeus's shield and was only supposed to be borrowed so techniqully wasnt zeus helping by letting athena borrow the sheild to let perseus borrow it?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:13 pm
Slappy Silk raises her hand," i have a question professor,in the lesson of Aquarius you put greek mythology and egyptian mythology together showing that its the same stars with different stories will there be other lessons like that? i like the variety of stories  

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:03 pm
"Actually, in Greek Mythology, Aegis was to be considered either Athena's or Zeus's. So it depends on what story you believe. As we have gone over before, there is so many different versions of these stories we can't be sure what was more widely believed and what was just more of an idea at the time. We only have the story's that we learn from that are left from the past to learn from now.

Yes, Miss. Silk. Many of the stories we will talk about happen in different mythology and have different names. We will learn more as we go on."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:33 pm
Crystal takes a seat and begins working on the assignment right away.  

Insatiable Design

Nite of Storms

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:49 pm
Sonas walks in the room a dreamy look on her face before she sits down in a seat, her goat Henry curling up near her feet. She copies the notes down and begins the homework assignment.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:14 pm
Crystal hands in her homework. "I've never heard of Eos before. Are we going to cover her more Professor?"  

Insatiable Design

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:24 pm
"Off and on, yes."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:29 pm
"Great. I liked the extra credit, I was tempted to put even more details, but I figured I couldn't get extra credit on extra credit anyways."  

Insatiable Design

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:52 pm
*Laughs*
"Yes, I was just looking for the basic answer. You did very well Crystal."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:38 pm
Crystal sighs. "I suppose. I know so much about planets in particular though..."  

Insatiable Design

DownAzzLette

12,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:16 am
Kamalia-Mingan looks up from her notes and says You know something did not make sense to me some. It's the whole fact that Zeus appeared to Danae in that golden Rain. Now I hope i don't get in trouble for saying this. But why would he appear to her in order to "have her" and get her impregnated and not show in a man form in order to have inter course. I see no pleasure in having a golden Rain come onto me nor i doubt it would have been pleasurable for him.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:49 am
"Well, we'll just have to step things up in the planet department, won't we?!"

*Smiles then hears Kamaila*

"Well, I think he appeared to her that way so that Hera didn't get angry right away. He didn't want Danae dead. Surely if he had come to her in the form of himself then everyone would have known where he was and probably what he was up to. This wasn't the first time he'd "cheated" on Hera and it wasn't going to be the last. However, he did care enough for her to not want any harm to come to her so coming to her in a form of something rather then himself. Whether it was pleasurable or not, I guess we'll never know, now will we."

*Lets out a small laugh again*

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Insatiable Design

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:31 pm
Crystal falls off her chair laughing when she hears Kamalia's question. "That was...a really good question!"  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:43 pm
Smirks Hmmm i guess you could say that. Although i still wouldn't have wanted a golden shower on me. Chuckles at Crystal falling out of her chair. Glad you think so, i just could not resist asking since it kept playing in my head.

(Sorry you guys it was bugging me some and well I could not refrain from asking. xp )

DownAzzLette

12,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:01 am
"Oh, Crystal, are you okay?"

*Walks over to Crystal and helps to get her situated again.*