Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
My Confession Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:39 pm
Beer has the connotation of drunken louts and messy proletariat-types sitting around in smoky bars.

Tea has the connotation of a refined eccentricity, of sunny days on the lawn and of a respectable colonial past.

I know, for myself, which I would rather represents this country.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:50 pm
Longbow UK
whapcapn
Longbow UK
whapcapn
Longbow UK

Aye, but how many pints of beer are made in a pub? wink

This is true. However, I could point out how much bread we consume as a nation. Does that mean a lot?

Bread isn't a drink though, is it? rolleyes

It is if you put it in a blender with some water.

Honestly... how many people do you know who buy bread from the supermarket for that purpose? xp

Well...um...nice weather, isn't it?

Invi, you expressed my exact sentiments far more articulately than I ever could. *awards biscuit*  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:04 pm
Invictus_88
Beer has the connotation of drunken louts and messy proletariat-types sitting around in smoky bars.

Tea has the connotation of a refined eccentricity, of sunny days on the lawn and of a respectable colonial past.

There are many different connotations for both of them though. You just stated one of the worst ones for beer, and one of the better ones for tea. xp

When I think of beer, I think of a nice, friendly local pub in a quiet English village... not of smokey bars full of drunken louts.

...When I think of tea, I think of old people sitting in a tiny bungalow with a kettle steaming away in an ill-kept kitchen.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:15 pm
Longbow UK
...When I think of tea, I think of old people sitting in a tiny bungalow with a kettle steaming away in an ill-kept kitchen.

My dear boy, that's instant coffee! wink  

Invictus_88
Captain

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:17 pm
Invictus_88
Longbow UK

My dear boy, that's instant coffee! wink

All the same to me...

If it comes out of a kettle, I associate it with old people in a bungalow.
xp  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:19 pm
How do you boil water?  

Invictus_88
Captain

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:22 pm
Invictus_88
How do you boil water?

You know what I mean. xp

If it's a drink that's making process involves a kettle, then I think of old people sitting in a bungalow.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:24 pm
Hmm, must admit. I like my drinks either made using boiling water (tea, hot chocolate) or about 45% to 70% ABV.

biggrin

Invictus_88
Captain

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:28 pm
Invictus_88
Hmm, must admit. I like my drinks either made using boiling water (tea, hot chocolate) or about 45% to 70% ABV.

biggrin

You old person, you! rolleyes

...I really don't like any hot drinks. Coffee is foul. Even more so than tea! As for hot chocolate... i'll drink it, but it's not something I particularly enjoy.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:53 am
Invictus_88

Mead.....I`ll always associate it with celebrating the Sabbats, or the year I spent an afternoon getting happily out of my tree at the Pagan Federation Conference. with some lovely Heathens.....
"How many Odinists does it take to change a lightbulb?
None, the light from the burning monastery is fine thanks."
the old jokes are the best.  

wodewose

Gaulia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:52 pm
It's only a bloody drink! X.O  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:34 pm
Tea = great, in all it's forms.
Coffee = horrible, in all it's forms (though slightly less so when Irished)
Beer = lovely the majority of the time
Cider = horrible most of the time
Wine = only nice when in Port form.  

Zoutout

TheLoneBassist46

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:16 pm
Longbow UK
Invictus_88

biggrin

You old person, you! rolleyes

...I really don't like any hot drinks. Coffee is foul. Even more so than tea! As for hot chocolate... i'll drink it, but it's not something I particularly enjoy.
I will agree, but i will ocasionally drink green tea, but only if my mom forces it down my throat with a tube attached to a funnel. I absoultely despise hot drinks... And coffee is bloody hell, it needs to die  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:12 am
Tea is like Marmite. You either love it or you hate it. I hate them both. Well.. I like cold, flavoured tea.. like raspberry or something..  

Frostbitten Cat

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:04 am
Cold, raspberry, tea?

eek

Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers