Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Hannah's Journal Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lorelei Yeager

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:46 pm
Did 10 leg lifts and 20 sit-ups. My stomach is still sore, but it beats the flab. I will probably be doing leg lifts and sit-ups in my normal excerising routine.

Dinner consisted of three cup of Cherrios with no milk, a serving of carrots, and some blueberries. I should go and take my power walk before the rain sets in...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:19 pm
Just measured my hips. I've lost 1/2 Inch. I'm almost to 54 Inches... whee  

Lorelei Yeager

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:03 pm
Congrats congrats!
I'm proud of you for keeping up with your power walking. It really does SO MUCH GOOD for your body.
Also, crunches are lower impact than sit ups are but just as beneficial. See if you can do 20 crunches (cross your arms over your chest or TOUCH but do not hold your neck). See if you can add 1 of each every day. Push yourself to go the extra one! If you can't, stay with your number for 2 or 3 days, then try to increase it. Exercise is about pushing yourself within your limits. <33

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:31 pm
Wow you are losing inches fast! Good job! I'm so jealous whee

heart heart  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Lorelei Yeager

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:43 am
Recorded Day 9

Woke up early to go to my local community college to see an advisor before signing up for the Fall 2010 Semester. Also wrote my checks for rent and other utilities.

I'm really thirsty, but the water fountains at CSM don't give me enough water. After I leave CSM, I'm going to Wal-Mart to get my medicine.

In other news, power walked before the rain set in. I'm starting to get used to the route that I may have add more paces. Then again, it might be that I was walking at a casual pace.

It's going to be 9:00 AM soon. Have to see that advisor soon...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:38 am
Had lunch, well, it was more like breakfast. I ate a bowl of Cheerios and some skim milk. Soy cost to much, so I got a small bottle of skim. The sugar content 11 Grams, so I'll probably reserve the milk for days I'm not eatting fruit.

Idiot staff put the wrong day for academic advising. I'll have to wait until Monday to see the staff.

Will power walk and do leg lifts and sit ups when it cools down. Hopefully it won't rain today...  

Lorelei Yeager

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100

Lorelei Yeager

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:39 pm
I had dinner, which consisted of 1 package of ramen, a serving of carrots, and a 3/4 cup of blueberries. Washed them down with water.

Just came back from my power walk. I need to be more concious about walking speed, or I'm not going to get any results. Did leg lifts, but found that I couldn't do sit ups in my room. So I did reverse sit ups, which worked just fine.

I need more water - I'm thirsty...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:46 am
I totally sympathise about the 'idiot staff'. The people at my uni made me run around in panic for a few days over nothing. stressed

Here's an idea: if you don't like to cook but want something light (calorie-wise), you could get one of those microwave steamers and cook some assorted vegetables (from frozen). Maybe stick some potato wedges in there as well. Very quick and easy.  

Sunsway

Lorelei Yeager

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:13 am
Thanks Sunsway, but I like my veggies raw. It's more of a taste issue... sweatdrop

Recorded Day 10

Woke up early this morning and went back to bed. Woke up again when my mom called to get the rent and utilities checks.

Lunch was simple, water, blueberries, and carrots. I'll do my power walk and other exercises after I take care of some of the household chores.

Also, I should measure my hips, see if I lost a full inch this week or not.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:29 pm
Day...I lost count...

So I went to the library and got a workout video. It was meant for couples, but they have some realy good singles workouts.

I didn't get past the warm ups before I started sweating profusely. Had to stop the DVD, get some water, and take a breather. I guess you can tell how out-of-shape I am...  

Lorelei Yeager

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100

Lorelei Yeager

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:15 am
Day...I lost count again... gonk

Decided to check into the local fitness center at the college. Walked a mile on the tread mill, got a sports drink, and then ate a small bag of Sun Chips. All in all, I feel great! You should have seen me sweat and push myself. It felt wonderful.

I will probably take the bus in another hour or so and get some sushi lunch. I can't wait! biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:00 am
Ate Sushi mostly with fish, cream cheese, avacado, chives, and cold veggies with a dressing. Desert consisted of four oranges

I'm going to try to go the college every day to workout, but on Friday I'll need to get out by 11:00 AM, as they're doing a staff-only seminar. I'll need to set my alarm clock then.

I figure that walking a mile going at 30 MPH on the tread mill will burn much of the fat. I kind of ignored by diet during the festival, but now that it's over, I can get back into the swing of things.  

Lorelei Yeager

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100

Lorelei Yeager

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:07 pm
I found out today that the mile walk doesn't make me very hungry. So dinner was another bowl of Cherreos and soy milk to drink.

In other news, I'm almost down to a 53 Inch hips. If I keep doing the tread mill, and maybe some arm weights, I should be fine. The pool will open on the 7th of Sept. when classes at the college start.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:34 pm
Carrots and blueberries?! Sounds delicious. (:
Blueberries are expensive here (FL) but I guess it's that way everywhere. It sounds like such a light and healthy lunch though, I might just have to try it. 3nodding

Leg lifts are very good, once you need more of a challenge you should look up a move called the Steam Engine. Steam Engines (Youtube)

It's a military move so you KNOW it's effective. I don't like how this guy bends his neck so much, though. Try to keep your head up when you do them, and if that means sacrificing the elbow-knee touch, so be it. Just start off with like 10-20 (each side) and add a few as you get more stamina. (:

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Lorelei Yeager

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:34 am
I'm very sorry for not keeping everyone up-to-date. Scold me later if you must.

I got off my diet because of hurt muscles aka I worked out. Socially, things have changed. I am now Secratary for my college's anime club, so I'm spending a good deal of time at the college and on the computer getting things done behind the scenes.

But that's a good thing. The pool finally has their opperation certificate, so I spent a good deal of time, maybe 30 Minutes, swimming and trying to do laps. My arms hurt like hell, and earlier my chest muscles did. As one internet meme said: The burn, I feelz it.

After the pool, I cleaned up and went to the gym. It's good, because they're both in the same building. Sadly, walking a mile doesn't make me sweat as much. However, for me, walking a mile only takes 20 Minutes on the treadmill. So I'm debating on if I should walk for thirty minutes or try to anti up the mile I normally walk to 1.30 Miles?

Advice?  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces