Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Broom Closet Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elizabeth Tarion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:03 pm
wicked_faery
cloaks aren't neccessarily ritual garb & wearing them outside of a ritual doesn't bring down their "ritual state" to use ur terms. anyways all i was saying is if u feel comfortable wearing things like cloaks in public wear them. there doesn't have to be a purpose. same w/ pentacle charms & jewelry. it's the same as christians wearing a cross. if u want to wear it & u feel comfy then go ahead. it's not for others to judge u by. it's u being urself & to heck w/ what other ppl think. getting wierd looks shouldn't be a factor. be urself & if some1 doesn't like it ignor them.
Just because you're a pagan, doesn't mean you should go out and wear a cloak (this is assuming all pagans wear cloaks) in public, it seems a bit extreme, and isn't the same as wearing a pentacle (or other symbol as a peice of jewelry), which is why I brought it up.
I wear a pentacle, but it's under my shirt so I'm not flaunting it and drawing unnecessary attention.
It just seems stupid to me.
I don't like it when people of other religious groups go around flaunting their beliefs, why should I do it myself?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:57 pm
wicked_faery
cloaks aren't neccessarily ritual garb & wearing them outside of a ritual doesn't bring down their "ritual state" to use ur terms.
Actually, due to the nature of Psychodrama, it does diminish their value within that context.  

TeaDidikai

Operation Shoestring

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:18 pm
Unless the cloaks are for cosplay. There ain't any pagans on my campus and we have lots of cloaks.

Mostly either Ranger green/gray or Jedi/Monk brown.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:48 pm
TeaDidikai
wicked_faery
cloaks aren't neccessarily ritual garb & wearing them outside of a ritual doesn't bring down their "ritual state" to use ur terms.
Actually, due to the nature of Psychodrama, it does diminish their value within that context.
i would like to know what u have against my points of view? because that is what most of my posts are. my oppinions.  

wicked_faery

Fashionable Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:05 pm
wicked_faery
TeaDidikai
wicked_faery
i would like to know what u have against my points of view? because that is what most of my posts are. my oppinions.
You seem to be confusing me "Contesting your opinion" with me disagreeing with an assertion.

Ritual garb as a part of psychodrama when taken out of ritual and put into daily living does diminish the weight of the natural psychodrama.

There is a common concept in a lot of Outer Court Wiccan Influenced magic that ritual is "apart from time and space" within the circle. That the elements used within this ritual- such as herbs, clothing, weapons etc- are "special" and further the nature of the ritual.

But what makes the cut of a piece of fabric special beyond another cut? The meaning attributed to it. To what ends do we attribute meaning to it? To enhance the psychodrama.

This isn't a concious universal choice- but it is seen within the different Christian Vestiments, the Pagan Ritual Garb, even sports uniforms.

If you disagree- assert why you disagree with these observations.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:23 pm
did u ever think i wasn't talking about THE ritual cloak? but just A cloak?  

wicked_faery

Fashionable Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:31 pm
wicked_faery
did u ever think i wasn't talking about THE ritual cloak? but just A cloak?

wicked_faery
wearing them outside of a ritual doesn't bring down their "ritual state" to use ur terms.
This is what I was contesting.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:32 pm
wicked_faery
TeaDidikai
wicked_faery

Untested personal opinion is not sacred, nor is it unable to be commented on. If you have a point of view, you need reasons why it is your opinion. These reasons can be discussed and debated.

You are free to have your opinion. You are not free to have it be protected from reason.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Tsuzuki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:57 pm
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki
TeaDidikai
Why would one expect anything less than shock? I mean- to some people, each member of this guild has been tricked by the Devil to be lead away from God's heart into the arms of evil incarnate- people like Tsuzuki are the worst of us all! He should know better!
What are you talking about? Mormonism had all sorts of damning doctrines long before the Neo-Pagan scene was even in diapers. Some of the of more extreme conspiracy theorists even think that we're behind the whole thing.
Hence why you should know better Love.
'Cept I was raised Mormon. I never knew the joys of a Good Christian Upbringing (TM).  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:45 pm
Tsuzuki
'Cept I was raised Mormon. I never knew the joys of a Good Christian Upbringing (TM).
sweatdrop Meh- all you fans of Yeshua look alike. twisted  

TeaDidikai

Lotus Poem

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:39 am
TeaDidikai
Beauhemia
Do you really want me to answer that? smile There are a lot of similar gatherings and festivals around here that are church related events.
Are those group festivals? Or Pride Days in which the point is outlined in the second half of my post. wink

when you're right, you're right smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:52 am
Bah... I wish cloaks would just come back in fashion. I've thought they were awesome forever and I don't see how wearing one would directly imply you're Neopagan. Perhaps that you're a bit of a Romanticist, but not neccesarily Neopagan.

I sort of get away with wearing pseudo-coats in the form of trench coats though. But it's just not the same.... crying  

Starlock

daine_the_wild_mage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:22 pm
i've been pagan almost 2 years, but i go to a christian school and my family r die-hard catholics, how should i tell them im pagan?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:58 pm
Starlock
Bah... I wish cloaks would just come back in fashion. I've thought they were awesome forever and I don't see how wearing one would directly imply you're Neopagan. Perhaps that you're a bit of a Romanticist, but not neccesarily Neopagan.

I sort of get away with wearing pseudo-coats in the form of trench coats though. But it's just not the same.... crying
xd
I think it'd be great if fashion designers would make cloaks and such 'hot', maybe that way there would be some cheap causual ones made that working people could afford :3
Never thought of 'cloak' as Pagan until people in guilds started swearing by it xp

daine_the_wild_mage
i've been pagan almost 2 years, but i go to a christian school and my family r die-hard catholics, how should i tell them im pagan?
Only if you feel you need to. And if you do, think about how you'll do it really carefully. There's no reason why you need to do it right this second or even this week or month.
Whatever you decide to do, think it through first.  

Elizabeth Tarion

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:09 pm
The nature of being a Fashion Victim and the Pagan Scene makes me shudder as much as people wearing collars without knowing what they mean.

Why don't people just start wearing wedding bands and Wedding Dresses wherever they go?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff