Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
***Please don't post in here*** Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which diet has been most effective for you?
  Atkin's diet
  South beach diet
  Weight Watchers
  Counting calories
  Good ol' fashioned hard work and strict exercise!
  Other.
View Results

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:41 am
Stars in my Pocket
C25K! :D
You said 9 months earlier... but just to clarify it's 9 weeks. (:
You run a 5k at the end of 9 weeks (or longer if you repeat some workouts). I find that when I 'up' the workout (move up a level etc) it is difficult, sometimes I want to give up but I just dont, I push though it and it's doable, even if it's difficult. Best of luck!

Ooops, yes, I meant 9 weeks. Haha, I fixed the mistake in that post.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:01 am
[ Day 13: Saturday, July 24th, 2010 ]

Breakfast:
1 scrambled egg with broccoli, cauliflower, bell peppers, 6 olives (sliced) and 2 wheat tortillas.

Lunch:
1 piece of muhna-eesh, half of a home made cookie (50% less sugar than is normally used in the recipe), and 8 oz of Kern's strawberry/banana juice.

Evening Snack:
1 honey n oats granola bar. 1 homemade strawberry/banana smoothie made with unsweetned almond soy milk.

Dinner:
egg cheese veggie sandwich made with 1 egg, bell peppers, black olives, mozzarella cheese, 2 sliced of wheat bread.

Late night snack:
half a peach, 1 apricot.

Drank plenty of water through out the day.

Exercise:
Day 1 of week 1. (C25K) Yay! I was so proud, it was a little easier than I thought. I still got pretty tired though, especially towards the end. Monday will be the day 2.

Also, I'm afraid of weighing myself on Monday....today my "monthly friend" came to visit and decided to bring along "crampy" and "bloaty." So, I don't want to weigh myself when I'm all bloated and yucky. I'll just have to wait a few days after or until the following Monday.

Tip of the day:
Apples, fiber, and nuts will suppress cravings.

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:08 am
[Beautiful Oblivion]
OMG really? I didn't know that........maybe then I shouldn't weigh myself for another few weeks, just until my body adapts to all the exercising, then I'll go to a weekly routine of weigh-ins. But then again, I'm too nosy.

That's completely up to you. If you think it might be discouraging not to see much change in the number then avoid the scale, but if you're curious and think you can handle whatever the scale tells you, then go ahead and keep weighing.

I've been going back and forth on whether or not to weigh-in daily. I did it for a little while, but was beating up myself if the number was the same or less than the day before and that wasn't healthy. Now I'm giving it another shot, but with a new attitude and a focus on trying to learn about how my body reacts to different things like food choices, exercise, etc.

Stars in my Pocket
I find that when I 'up' the workout (move up a level etc) it is difficult, sometimes I want to give up but I just dont, I push though it and it's doable, even if it's difficult. Best of luck!

The first run of a new week is usually difficult and I'm always scared that I can't do it, but I always make it through and when it comes time for my second run of the week, there's already a marked improvement in how easy or difficult I perceive that workout to be. I've really been amazed at how quickly my body adapts. Guess I should have trusted in its abilities a lot sooner. whee  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:09 am
Munkers
The first run of a new week is usually difficult and I'm always scared that I can't do it, but I always make it through and when it comes time for my second run of the week, there's already a marked improvement in how easy or difficult I perceive that workout to be. I've really been amazed at how quickly my body adapts. Guess I should have trusted in its abilities a lot sooner. whee

That's how it feels for me too when I increase the distance! I think the first time prepares you mentally -- and then you know that if you did once, you can do it again. The benchmark is set.

Good to see you've started that program, Beautiful Oblivion. It seems to be the new trend in this guild. =)  

Sunsway

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:25 am
[ Day 14: Sunday, July 25th, 2010 ]

Breakfast:
Egg veggie sandwich, made with 1 egg, mozzarella cheese, olives, bell peppers, and 2 wheat slices. 1 strawberry/banana smoothie (home made with soy milk)

Lunch:
1 homemade personal size pizza (no sauce) with mozzarella cheese, olives, spinach, bell peppers on a white flat bread. 1 strawberry/banana smoothie (home made with soy milk)

Evening snack:
handfull of cashews.

Dinner:
small greek salad with romaine lettuce, tomatos, cucumbers, olives, feta cheese, 1 small pepperoncini, with vinaigrette dressing. 1 small homemade piece of muhna-eesh with mozz cheese.

Exercise:
40 min walk

Drank lots of water. (probably should drink more though because it's "that time of the month."

Tip of the day:
LAY OFF THE CHEESE.

Just a rant:
Looking back on today, I ate a ton of mozzarella cheese which probably hurt me. x_x So, I have to just stay away from it....And it's so hard to eat small portions every couple hours because when I have to work, I don't have food readily available....so i end up starving.

On the plus side, my legs werent soar or hurting from running, so I could have probably did day 2 of the C25K but decided not to because they recommend to space out each workout.

I hate being on my period. The bloating is really uncomfortable, but I'm a little surprised, usually I'm very emotional and moody, but this week, I haven't really been moody or emotional, maybe it's my healthy eating, mostly from fruits and veggies I bet. I normally RARELY ever get cramps or migraines (thank goodness) so I'm glad I haven't been having to deal with those too. I'm just making sure to try and drink plenty of water.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:52 am
[ Day 15: Monday, July 26th, 2010 ]

Breakfast:
scrambled egg with broccoli, cauliflower, olives, 2 wheat tortilla. 1 glass of Kern's strawberry/banana juice

Afternoon snack:
1 peach, 1 apricot, 5 strawberries. About 5 almonds (unsalted)

Lunch:
homemade small muhna-eesh, (used white flat bread)

Evening snack:
handful of cashews.

Dinner:
1 large salad with romaine lettuce, various veggies, and ranch dressing. 1 glass of pink lemonaide.

Drank plenty of water through out the day.

Tip of the day:
Adding Jumping Jacks might help with burning more calories.

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:09 am
[ End of week 2 ]

I'm not going to weigh myself today.

I've had my period since Friday, so I've been pretty bloated and my appetite has been everywhere. I feel like my meals have been getting larger in portion size and I haven't been fitting small healthy snacks in between. I'm kinda afraid to weigh myself....I feel as though I may have gained weight. I could have ran today but I felt lowsy and a little tired. My period always makes me feel like crap (physically). I think by Wednesday though, I'll be done with the period, so maybe tomorrow, I will continue running.

So, I'm going to wait until my period is completely over, then I'll weigh myself....or I might just wait until next Monday.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:54 pm
[ Day 16: Tuesday, July 27th, 2010 ]

Breakfast:
1 egg veggie sandwich made with 1 over easy egg, bell peppers, olives, and 2 wheat slices of bread.

Lunch:
1 small bean burrito, made with with olives, bell peppers, vegetarian chilli beans, and a little bit of mozzarella cheese. Small amount of tortilla chips with avocado. Desert: 5 strawberries, s small slice of a peach.

Night time snack:
half a glass of strawberry banana smoothie.

Dinner:
Home made muhna-eesh with mozzarella cheese made with 1 white flat bread. 1 glass of horchata.

Exercise:
45 min walk.

Tip of the Day:
Invest in a hoola-hoop, it will help the muscles in the mid section.

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:41 am
This is a few days late, but just as words of advice: definitely keep a day of rest between your runs when you're starting out. I didn't, I ran 8 days in a row, and shredded my legs up. I wasn't sore at all, so I thought it was okay, and after a week I had gotten mild shin splints and injured my knee from the stress. Your body needs to adapt! (:

Stick with it though, you'll really start to enjoy it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:58 am
Hooping is REALLY great exercise.

If you buy a hoop, take care for what you want from it. You can buy an exercise hoop, or a trick hoop. If you're new to hooping and just want to use it to tone the midsection for now, get an exercise hoop. It will be heavy and so you can't really hoop with your hands or do any tricks with it, but it will get you used to it. Trick hoops can come later if you feel like it.

With trick hoops, if you live in an area that has any other hoopers you can sometimes go to hoop jams. Even in my small city there's a hoop jam every week and that usually turns into 2-3 hours of steady hooping. : ) (You can bring a fitness hoop to that of course, but its more fun if you can learn some tricks from other people)

Double mini hoops are great arm workouts. : D

Happy hooping if you do!  

Tandahda
Crew

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:52 am
[ Day 17: Wednesday, July 28th, 2010 ]

Breakfast:
1 scrambled egg with sliced black olives and bell peppers. 2 wheat tortillas. 

Morning snack:
Banana/strawberry smoothie.

Lunch:
Ate at Hookline and Sinker with mom and brother. Ate a crabcake sandwich with wheat bread bun, fries on the side (not all).

Afternoon snack:
1 peach. Small handful of unsalted unsweetened almonds (12)

Evening snack:
Medium amount of veggies (grape tomatoes, broccoli, celery, carrots) with light, non-fat ranch

Exercise:
40 min walk. 
Attempted day 2 week 1 of C25K

Tip of the day:
Drink water at the right times. 8oz right when I wake up (to help better the function of organs, and because the body will already be 2% dehydrated), and 8oz before bedtime (to prevent stroke and heart attack). Also, remember to drink plenty more water through out the day (and before meal times).

Just a rant:
I was pretty pissed off about eat french fries. I completely forgot to ask if I could substitute for steamed veggies or a salad. stressed Adapting is hard gonk

Also, I'm not upset about this at all, but I was unable to finish Week 1 Day 2 of C25K, BECAUSE I walked Tipsy at the Harbor earlier for 40 mins so I was already tired. It's ok, I'll do Day 2 on Friday.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:27 am
[ Day 18: Thursday, July 29th, 2010 ]

Breakfast:
1 over easy egg veggie sandwich. Veggies used were bell peppers, mushrooms, olives, broccoli, VERY LIGHT mozzarella cheese, and 2 wheat slices of bread. 1 strawberry banana smoothie.

Lunch:
Small serving of mujudarah (middle Eastern veggie plate). Small salad on the side made with cabbage, cucumbers, carrots, onions, and a vinaigrette dressing. A glass of kerns strawberry banana juice

Evening snack:
Small handful of almonds and cashews

Dinner:
Small bowl of mujudarah, small amount of veggies with non fat ranch

Not enough water today.

Tip of the day:
Remember to eat small controlled portions with snacks in between.

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:17 am
You're reminding me of how much I love olives. I might have to add them to the grocery list for tomorrow. >.>

Don't beat yourself up too hard about the french fries. You'll get used to asking for substitutes and the occasional indulgence is totally fine. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:02 pm
Munkers
You're reminding me of how much I love olives. I might have to add them to the grocery list for tomorrow. >.>
I love olives!!!! I love every possible different type of olive alive! heart my favorite thing to do with olives is to eat them with tortilla and cream cheese. I love them in salads, on pizza, scrambled with eggs and other veggies. I LOVE them!

Munkers
Don't beat yourself up too hard about the french fries. You'll get used to asking for substitutes and the occasional indulgence is totally fine. smile

Thanks, I just hope it didn't make me gain weight instead of lose. I'll just have to see on Monday. Anyways, I really have to get in the habit for asking for substitutes. I think asking for no dressing and mayo is a healthy choice too. If I get a burger or sandwich, I'll ask for it dry and I'll try to get grilled fish since it's healthier than beef and pork and chicken.  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas