Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:46 am
XING LYNX HOUR

- - - With additions from the dolofonos daimonas Drift!

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

For those who don't know, Scars on Broadway, they're the band that was the result of System of a Down's split. They're still very similiar. And I'm gonna talk about their new sing, "********". I was rather impressed with the single. I don't find it astonishing, yet I do find it a very good foot hold for their new album. The track is still the true sound of Scars on Broadway, although, I do think it's a bit 'odder' than a good portion of SoB music. The track is up for free download on the bands Facebook now, I got it myself actually.
If you're a big Queens of the Stone Age fan, you may find it interesting that they'll be performing on the Jay Leno Show on monday night. Should be cool right? I assume they'll be showcasing a new track or two along with a previous single like "No One Knows" or "Sick, Sick, Sick". Should be a good time to start watching late night talk shows.
So, if you're a fan of Trapt, (Like everyone in the world) you'll like Fatkid Dodgeball. Yes, I know their name is ******** fantabulous. They're an alternative metal act that holds the strangest thing; joy. It's not quite my piece of cake, but if you're into the power of alt metal but enjoy when the bands aren't always so depressed, (lolz Breaking Benjamin) then these guys will bring hospitality to your collection. I suggest the song, "Get It", because it's truly anthemic and one of their more known pieces. If you like this song, you'll like this band.
Just throwin' this out there so everyone gets this clear. "Flagpole Sitta" by Harvey Danger is such an amazing punk (Almost ska) song. The lyrics are catchy, slightly meaningful, and above all; amusing. I'm sure you all know the song but you may not know the name and artist. Here yout go, now go listen minions.
If you've been getting bored with the early grunge acts of Green River, Mudhoney, and Fugazi because you've just heard them too much. Then I have a solution! The Afghan Whigs are an early grunge act with lots of punk and indie influence which grants them a very unique sound that makes them irrestable. I admit, if i were to relate them to a band, I would say Dinosaur Jr., because they aren't necessarily as dirty as say, Green River, but the distortion and fuzz is there. They still have the shouty, guttural vocals of early grunge but they hold more Dino Jr. hint because they still implify faster tempos and consistant tone. No stop-start rythyms or random shots of feedback. I would say to look up "Retarded" by them, just because it's my personal favorite song I've heard from them.
As dolofonos daimonas will mention later, It's Halo time! A music video/trailer was made for Halo: Reach Using, "Lights Out" by Breaking Benjamin. The video is actually pretty cool and a great way to advertise the game to music lovers. Here is a link to the video on youtube.

Song of the Day - -

See You Dead - Helmet
A very catchy, anthemic song for Helmet. The track features amazing jolts of power chords and oddly enough, legible vocals. This is definetly a song the industry over-looked because it has amazing potencial for publicity, but in a way, I thank god that no one ever found this. The song has an almost mystic, alternative metal feel to it and it stands out amongst Helmet songs. If you didn't like Helmet, (Dumbass, how do you not like Helmet!?) at least give this song a change. It drifts away from their more conventional sound that I personally love. But this song does have a very powerful level of pop songwriting which bades well with the old grunge tone.

- - - Everyone Else's World

- - Summer Update

Home finally. Had a good day, napped lots. I've noticed I've been sleeping a good 9 to 12 hours a day which is starting to become a bit of a bad habit. I wanna be able to wake up early and never have to sleep! Why god, why!?

- - dolofonos daimonas Drift

The Review of Halo 3 by dolofonos daimonas

- - The Rest of the Things I Hate

So... I've been watching Zeitgeist videos and... Balls. They make you see the world as such a corrupt, awful palce. You know that sad part? It is. I'm not saying they back everything they say with absolute proof but... A lot of it is. Go on youtube and watch Zeitgeist. It's roughly 2 hours long and on youtube for free. they recommend you to show people this, without their permission. That's how commited they are. You'll learn how ******** up banks, money, and the monitary (money) system are. One funny aspect of this however, is that all I could think of the whole movie is that Smashing Pumpkins have an album called, Zeitgeist, that features songs that relate to such scandal in the government. Especially, "Doomsday Clock".

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:59 pm
XING LYNX HOUR

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

The best deal in indie galore ever! Turn on The Bright Lights, Interpol's famous, landmark album; is only $3.99, today only at Amazon.com. Go straight to Amazong OR go on the bands Faceboo kand follow it from there. I suggest going straight there because it's easy as ********> has also announced that you can pre-order their new self-titled album on their official website. Which in the same topic, The new albums merchandise is also available on their official sites store. They are almsot done with the album and I expect it to be better than the last. Just because I was never 'that' into Interpol.
So, the other day I learned that I like The Spill Canvas. They're very difficult to explain. They're alternative, but der. Alternative is a little wide to claim a band like this by. They like a mix between Maroon 5, All Time Low, and A Day To Remember. Odd mixture but... Hey, I'm liking it.
If you like instrumental rock; Explosions in the Sky. Yes, it's a band showed to me by a close, distant friend. They have no vocalist and it's just 4 people who go nuts instrumental style. They do a wide array of genres but I would say they do a very ambient, alternative, progressive type of thing. It's interesting and I find it perfect to play when you're not trying to focus on music. So in other words, great when playing a game.
Industrial metal band, A Perfect Circle, has announced that they are working on an LP and that, "Some stuff... Has happened." The had announced that on their website, clues would be given out when they release video. None have emerged yet.
So many bands are doing Japan right now, damn. Foo Fighters just got out of that hell hole and Third Eye Blind just went in. japanese people don't even understand the lyrics. Stop playing there so god damn much!

Song of the Day - -

Jonny Sniper - Enter Shikari
The first time one artist has spawned 2 songs of the day! "Jonny Sniper" is early Enter Shikari so it is a bit different. It has much more hardcore influence and not really any dub-step. It still features incredibly catchy keyboard though, especially at the chorus and intro. This is a must hear song, go on Youtube and just listen. Be prepared for a little different from there safety zone though, okay?

- - Summer Update

So busy! Going to my girlfriend's for a 'suprise' of some sort. I have no idea what it could be and it's driving me CRAZY!!! After that I'm gonna head to my buddy's (Chaobot1) house to stay a night or two. THEN come back be with Emmy (<3) for another amazing day followed with heading out yet again to another friends who lives WAY the ******** out of the way to get to. Then probably play D&D for hours and listen to acoustic guitar magic like Andy Mckee for the whole time.

I'm too happy to hate for a day. Wow.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:25 am
XING LYNX HOUR

I'll be on a hiatus for a good... 4-5 days, so come back saturday! I'd like to thank all my readers for being supportive and when I return, we're gonna advertise this article like ********>  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:43 am
XING LYNX HOUR

- - - With additions from the Emmybearrr_DF Minute!

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Remember how I bitched about bands being in Japan? Well, the coolest band evah, Third Eye Blind, is back! they'll be working on their new album most likely! So be ready for some new TEB soon.
"Talk About The Moon" by Brendan Powers & Andrew White. Harmonica, Guitar, vocals. Amazing song. My buddy over played it like balls over my long week but it's a great song. These guys have a handful of songs which are all either very bluesy or folksy. If you like acoustic guitar playing such as Andy McKee, then you'll orgasm on this song.
I found some really good Pantera songs that I would like to advise, keep note. These aren't really hit songs on purpose; "A New Level", "Floods", "Hollow", and "Domination". "Floods" is my favorite Pantera song as of now. If you wanna know by the way, I had a weekend full of acoustic guitar bands, Pantera, and Helmet. Sweet...
I know I'm missin' out a few 25 years but ugh... "War Pigs", is not a very good song. In fact. It's rather kind of annoying. The long pauses of nothing, the endless stop-start riff, that empty part without vocals and the repetitive guitar lick. Ugh! Black Sabbath, I expect more from you! And society! Get better at selecting your orgasm songs!
Have i not brought up Cold to you all yet? Cold is an alt metal act that resembles Breaking Benjamin and 10 Years the closest. They have a very low, gruff vocalist who brings a nice grungey tone to the band and still hold up a tough, melodic sound instrumentally. A Few good songs are; "A Different Kind of Pain", "When Angels Fly Away", and "Stupid Girl". Which, "Stupid Girl" is a song I don't particularily care for all, but a bunch of people like it son apperently there's something to it I'm missing.
Feeling depressed? i found a sad song for you all. "Mad World" by Gary Jules. Incredibly depressing but a very creepy, majestic feel makes it an amazing song all together.

Emmybearrr_DF Minute - -

One thing that drives me crazy is when bands use the term 'Hiatus'. Why don't you just say you broke up? Because obviously during that time (or in most cases...) the band is not your main priority. Isn't that the point? To focus on the band? The music? I think so...
I also don't really like it when people use real names in their song titles. Like in Pierce the Veil's song "Caraphernelia"; it's about a girl. Named Cara.
I do love it when I find a song that I can listen to over and over. Recently, that's been "Showbiz" by Muse and "Missed Me" by The Dresden Dolls. Oh music.. I still have hope. Very little hope...
I have a one year subscription to Alternative Press Magazine. Looking at all the bands on the covers... I don't think they know what Alternative is anymore. It wen't from Nirvana and Nine Inch Nails to Suicide Silence and NeverShoutNever!. What?! All of this within the past ten to fifteen years. Seems like a long time... but when you look at the differences it isn't.
In other news, I have found out that a band that Austin and I incredibly adore, Enter Shikari, Will be in our town. Sweet, huh? But do you want to know what's even sweeter? It's on our one year Anniversary. D'awww.<3 And, I got a puppy.

Song of the Day - -

Far Behind - Candlebox
So, It's not the song I specifically wanna point out. It is, but isn't. Most Candlebox songs are generally what I wanna get to. What Candlebox did was create a form of grunge, but removed thje punk element. Ultamately, creating post-grunge. When you wonder what 'post-grunge exactly is, it's Candlebox. And this song proves it and shows the true context of post-grunge and how it's not always Tal Bachman singing about weed in an incredibly high voice. It shows that you can have heavy post-grunge in the mix. Beware though, if you look this song up on youtube, watch out for a version that will say it's the song but it's really just "Broken Wings" by Alter Bridge. No idea how the tward did that.

- - Summer Update

had a crazy week playing D&D and intense games of chess. I am officially a mega, ookie, doopah, nerd. I'll deal with this fact.
Emmybear made me a bracelet that I really like! It fits so well and looks so pretty, Like her...

Being gone for a week and having forgot all the juicy news! I remeber I had found so many goodies to show you guys but after the long wait, BOP! Right out my balls!

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:39 pm
XINGIE LYNXO HOURUR

- - - With additions from the dolofonos daimonas Drift!

- - - With additions from the Emmybearrr_DF Minute!

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Wanna hear a solo in a new light? It's Nirvana, but hey, it's a solo. "Heart-Shaped Box (Live)" on From The Muddy Banks of The Wishkah, is one song where the solo is the same notes and all. It just has mounds of flanger and swaying effects on it like balls! It sounds pretty cool and gives a new flavor to an oldie.
Wanna get a good laugh at a song? "Dope Nose" by Weezer. A: Watch the video. B: It has a nutsack crazy solo in it and that's just not right for Weezer. At all. I bet everyone's gonna look back at Guitar Hero 3 and go, "What the ******** were you thinking? My ******** name is god damn mother ******** Jonas?"
The Goo Goo Dolls have announced that Something for the Rest of Us, (Their upcoming album) will be released August 31st! I have heard a select few songs already and it sounds great, but the vocals are a bit different I admit. They still hold the same general sound with a little more ambience and a bit more grunge influence. I think fans will be pleased considering I'm hardly a fan yet I like it.
Holy god! Yes!!! Big story of the mother ********' day! Tom Morello, guitar god, personally, I love that mother ******** to death. He makes all of my favorite guitar solos. For those of you twards who don't know him... He's the lead guitarist of Rage Against The Machine and Audioslave, as well as a few others. His new band is, Street Sweeper Social Club. Who, I sadly have to say is basically Rage again but with an actually black singer, who... Unfortunately sounds blacker than he looks. If you were a fan of RATM then you'll s**t your pants for these guys. They have an album out and are currently working on their Ghetto Blaster LP.
Did you know Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger has a solo project band? What's the point? He already cammands every aspect of Nickelback so it is practically his solo project. None the less. The song "Hero", which I always thought was Nickelback, is actually Chad's solo nonscence. Kroeger is so full of d**k he never will truly get that he's just a total douche who's generallizing the music world. thanks for ruining grunge Nickelback. You're not alright.

Emmybearrr_DF Minute - -

Random. I'm going to tell you my top 10 favorites and top 10 hates.
1. Pierce The Veil - Been my favorite since 2007
2. Enter Shikari - just plain amazing
3. A Day To Remember - A lot of songs do sound the same, I'll admit.
4. August Burns Red - "Lost Messengers" is one of my favorite albums
5. Muse - I could live the rest of my life on Showbiz
6. Tiger Army - Gotta love that Rockabilly
7. AFI - They were so good... I love Very Proud Of Ya
8. From First To Last - Classic, for me. Been loving them since '04.
9. Dresden Dolls - I would go lez for Amanda Palmer. (just kidding)
10. Lady Gaga - I had to say it. I love me some Gaga.
Now the Hates.
1. Brokencyde - This is not music.
2. Aiden - I will admit, I love Nightmare Anatomy. But they're just turned incredibly gay. (Watch video for "One Love")
3. Tokio Hotel - Meh. They're not terrible until you look at them. Thank god their concert I saw was free.
4. We The Kings/Boys Like Girls/All Time Low - I put them together because they sound exactly the same. Hence the reason I don't like.
5. Bring Me The Horizon - They were so good with Count Your Blessings! But, now they just suck a**
6. Panic! At The Disco - I liked them in Middle School, before they became douches. Music isn't fun anymore
7. AFI - I put them here again because they're horrible now
8. 3OH!3 - Same reason as P!ATD. Sold out, got overplayed, not fun anymore
9. JEFFREE ******** STAR - Oh my god, this guy ******** came out of his monster of a mother's v****a on ******** fire.
10. Hey Monday - Female lead singers should stop trying to be like Hayley Williams. There's too many of these....

There you go. My opinion on the best and worst. Agree or disagree.

Song of the Day - -

Champagne Supernova - Oasis
Right there next to "Wonderwall", "Champagne Supernova" is a fairly soft song with an incredibly catchy chorus and acoustic guitar focus. The verses are very skippy which is interesting in a song like this where there's usually intensive flowing. The verse's use the same lines which eventually becomes memorable and catchy alone. Throguhout the song, you also hear intense guitar fills, solos, and stand-out riffs which appear in the most ambient, heaviest parts of the song. It's an amazing song, and if you're making some sort of playlist, a perfect closer.

- - Summer Update

Bored for the next few days... Can't go nowhere because of a ******** dentist appointment wednesday morning. Ugh... Looks like LoL will be my source of entertainment for a while. (LoL = League of Legends)

- - dolofonos daimonas Drift

Wolfenstein. Christ, we’ve been getting fat headed lately. Not “wolfenstein 2” or “wolfenstein: revenge of the man with a chocolate box concealed in his hairdo”, just “Wolfenstein”. It’s like what they did with Star Trek, Friday the 13th, or Final destination. What, did some sort of apocalypse happen while I wasn’t looking and now everything has to reset? You know what future historians will say about us: “there were two very different games within the same twenty year period both called wolfenstein and the second was not, strictly speaking, a remake of the first. Which leads us to conclude that people from the early twenty-first century were taking the piss!” It feels weird to call it “generic” since this is the franchise that practically invented the genre, but wolfenstein, the new one that is, subscribed to so many current generation clichés that it’s like “The Spy Who Loved Me” of FPSs. It’s so obnoxiously safe and committee designed that any attempt to critique it in my normal manor would be equally as dull. So that’s why I’ve decided to review this game in limerick form! The Story of Wolfenstein

All these generic douchecore bands! The Devil Wears Prada, Those All Those Sleeping, Scarlett O'hara, ect... ugh! They all sound the same and if not the same, just a bit gayer vocally with the Bieber sounding singers and the dying cat sounding screamers. Get good again music! ******** this generic, used-up condom, garbage. I want real bands to say helped make my generation.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:01 am
Xing Lynx Hour

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Well, I hate to admit. But I think Collective Soul read a comment I gave them, and to make me look retarded, went right ahead and did what I said they wouldn't. On Facebook, someone was asking them to play in peru and I told him there was no way. Guess where they announced they're going last monday? Peru. I look like such a t**t now, oh well. At least Peru gets some music now.
Alternative band, The Spill Canvas, has released an album recently that I seemed to have missed. Formalities, is now available in stores and on iTunes and I haven't heard it but I recommend you all give it a listen whether or not you like them. It's not like it'll hurt you, right?
Time for another album comparison!!! Bush's grunge staple, Sixteen Stone, which is any slight 90s fan's neccesary for their collection; versus Creed's, Weathered, the layered work with many hits such as, "My Sacrifice". Alright, so right off the bat, we'll compare some of the better songs from each album. Sixteen Stone has; "Machinehead", "Everything Zen", "Little Things", "Comedown", and the softy that we all have to love, "Glycerine". Which these songs are all great, but... Weathered has an arguement; "One Last Breath", "My Sacrifice", "Stand Here With Me", "Hide", and this album has a bit of a tear jerking tune as well, "Lullaby". Which is the albums closer. The albums draw pretty close with the quality of songs, BUT! I do have to say that Weathered doesn't have a single song that I didn't like to some extent. Sixteen Stone however, had some filler; "Monkey" and "Alien", were really just annoying filler songs. So, I guess putting it that way; Creed's, Weathered, pulls itself out as the dominate album. Sorry Bush fans, Weathered is too good of an album to fight against.
I found this slightly humorous, so, amazing experimental metal act, A Perfect Circle, just joined Facebook. They have 3 updates and joined August 2nd. Weird huh? It's just not normal to see that kind of stuff. Well, anyway, I think they're doing it so they can reveal clues for their next album. That's just my hunch.
If you like Reign of Kindo, I have some shitty news. They're keyboarder left the band to "Persue different musical oppertunities", as he said. But it's okay, they already replaced him with Danny Pizarro, who already helped them record their new LP titled, This is What Happens. It only featured a few songs but from what I saw, the new keyboarder will do the band well as he seems to be very skilled at what he does. The studio recording videos are available on Youtube like most of their stuff is.
I have some amazing news in the world of Staind! They have announced they're beginning work for their seventh studio album which should be out sometime next year. They haven't released a title or any singles yet though. Expect some more information in a few months. The reason it took so long for the band to begin work was because Aaron Lewis (Vocalist/guitar) was finishing up his country solo project which was to lead off and make a non-profit organization to re-open his daughters elementary school in Washington. Kinda sad.

Song of the Day - -

Zoe Jane - Staind
I really should've brought this song up earlier in my writings... Well, none the less. "Zoe Jane" is an acoustic ballad in 3/4 time about the lead singer's (Aaron Lewis) daughter. It's a truly emotional piece which is held up by it's strong chord structure and finger-picked guitar effect. The song is just truly a masterpiece and everyone needs to hear it. I'll show you all some lyrics if that'll get you to go listen.
"I want to hold you
Protect you from all of the things I've already endured
I want to show you
Show you all the things that this life has in store for you
I'll always love you
The way that a father should love his daughter"
This is just the chorus of the song so you all know, the song doesn't actually feature all that many lyrics.

- - Summer Update

Dentist appointment at 9am... Ugh. It's not that I mind the dentist honestly, it's just that it's such a drag to have to go to that ******** early. Everyone knows what I'm talking about and they know it. Well, other than that I'mma head over to a friends for a few days but that's no biggie.

I'm starting to get annoyed of how much alternative metal sounds the same. Everytime I think it's annoying it usually ends up being Red. I think I hate Red. Yeah, they kinda blow a*****e. Yeah.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:32 am
XING LYNX HOUR

- - - With additions from the !

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

First up; Heavy metal phenom, Iron Maiden, has released yet another album! The Final Frontier! Well, it's out on August 16th so it's almost out. I am actually excited to hear it. Normally, I don't give two shits about Iron Maiden, but now, they have new material, maybe I wont be so bored hearing it. At least for a little while.
On the same subject, there's a flash game you can play on Iron Maiden's Facebook called, The Final Frontier. I haven't played it, but apperently it's hard as ********, and you have to save Eddie. Illogical. Eddie's such a badass he'd save himself from any danger that's foolish enough to face him.
If you like Switchfoot but haven't been able to hear any new material, I have mildly good news. Max Vengeli and AN21 have remixed the song, "Always". I haven't heard it, but I don't really care all that much. But, if you happen to care you can find it on their official page and I think Facebook will bring you there.
Did you know Staind had a song written about Alice in Chains vocalist, Layne Stayley? It was simply titled, "Layne" in dedication to Layne for his amazing impact on music vocally. Staind has always made it visible that they appreciate Alice in Chains' music, from naming songs after them to covering "Nutshell" amazingly.
I think it's great that a band can be honest about their influences and not be like every band and say, "Yeah, our biggest influence is ACDC!" Which by the way, that's what Bullet For My Valentine said. People's influences should be visible in their music at least a little bit. They may like ACDC, but they aren't influenced by them. People should be more like Staind and appreciate other bands and give them credit for creating their style of music.
Recently, I made a station on Pandora for Pantera. A: Awesome idea! B: It's pointed out to me that I really like Motorhead. I knew of them, I knew what they soudned like, I knew they had Lemmy of course. But I didn't know they were so good. They're just one more band I can slap on my liked band dictionary.

Song of the Day - -

Anger Rising - Jerry Cantrell
Alice in Chains co-frontman, Jerry Cantrell, had established his solo project before AIC actually broke up. (Due to Layne's OD) His solo project however, wasn't all that much different. As you'll hear in "Anger Rising", there's still a clear metal appeal and a very grungey tone. One of the main power points in this song is the introduction; The way it's so anthemic and leads so powerfully into the song. Mmm! I love it! The chorus isn't over done but I do have to say it seems almost to poppy for Cantrell's writing, it's not bad, but unexpected. Give the song a listen regardless if you're an AIC fan or not. Jerry's solo work is really good. The song, "My Song", is also very good.

- - Summer Update

At a friends house, doing lots of whatevahs. Everyone but me are asleep because I actually went to bed at midnight last night. (What? I was tired?) Which was a little disappointing because I fell asleep during Robin Hood: Men in Tights, and that movies hilarious. Oh welly well. I'm probably gonna be posting my articles at weird times (If 4am isn't weird) for a few days, until I'm back anyway.

I hate how this entire 'The Rest of the things I Hate' category is almost pointless. I rant wherever I want to, I don't need a specified section. Ah, whatevs. I like have equal categories in each sub unit. ******** my symettrical thinking.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:05 pm
XING LYNX MOTHER ******** GOD DAMN HOUR

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

So Jimmy Eat World's new single has been out for a little bit. "My Best Theory", I haven't heard it yet. And probably wont go out of my way to go hear. But, if I do! I'll come back and tell you all about how it is. Or how 'I' think it is, anyway.
I have... Weird news... The Aquabats have been rumored to be recording. And that brings on bad news. If they come out with another album. I have to talk about ska! And do you all really want that? I didn't think so. But the only way i wont bring it up, is if they don't plan on recording. Which means someone here, has to convince them to just stop it. To completely convince them to give up ska, and music. And make them go... make a... Normal punk and/or alternative band!
Helmet came out with a new album recently; Seeing Eye Dog, I haven't heard it but it's been rumored to be 'emo', and I'm really curious how? I find it unbelievable that Helmet, put out an album that could be considered at all emo. Page Hamilton, (Vocalist/guitarist) had this to say about it; "I like emo music but, we're not emo. We're not emo, we're not metal, we're not hardcore, we're just Helmet." I found this rather funny. The only band I've seen who even comes close to designating themselves as a genre is Primus, and that's still not quite right. I don't think they're really refering to themselves as some super different band but, I think they're saying they'll do what they want and just be Helmet. Although, I would never say they're some unique band and they have a genre classifacation. I'd call them a cross-breed between grunge and hardcore. It's a wonderful blend to me. And if you disagree with me saying they're just not 'that' unique, I say Green River b***h.
Wow, an unplugged show was done by Train on VH1. I haven't heard anything about an unplugged show since... The 90s. The videos are available online if you look for them, I haven't yet, and they said at the end they give a back story behind some of the songs. For those unfamiliar with 'unplugged shows', it's simply where a band comes in for a normal concert and plays songs acousticly, usually just acoustic versions of songs that were already released as non-acoustic songs. Alice in Chains and Nirvana practically trademarked this feature.
So apperently, on that movie Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, Beck wrote some songs for that and I'm intersted in hearing them! I'm wodnering now what kind of music he made for it, are they 'Beck' songs or just songs he made for it that anyone could've written.

Song of the Day - -

Showbiz - Muse
Me and Emmybearrr_DF have recently been obsessed with the Showbiz album and the song. It felt time to give it well deserved recognition. The song begins with slow, quiet, and steady tom pounding and some bendy bass that leads into the entering and exitting of some ambient guitar and repetitive vocals. Eventually it picks up and gets faster and adds consistant guitar and vocals. I would love to explain more of the song but it changes so much throughout it. Much alike "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen. In fact, I would say this song, in a way, is their "Bohemian Rhapsody". I will say though, that this song has one of Muse's ever-so-rare guitar solos. It's not amazing, but it's nice to have around.

- - Summer Update

Still at my buddies, gonna see if we can play some Rock Band 2 tonight. God, I'm such a hypocrite. No, not actually. It's a fun game until it's taken too far by people. But that's still more of Guitar Hero.

I don't hate District 9, that movie is ******** amazing.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:30 pm
[]x[]i[]n[]g[] []l[]y[]n[]x[] []h[]o[]u[]r[]

- - - With additions from the EmilyRaynebow Minute!

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

I'll start with some light news. Since, I've made my Pantera station on Pandora, (lolzy naming pattern) I've not been finding new artists, but discovering I like ones that I never cared to look into much. I already told you guys I got into Motorhead because of it but now I'm beginning to like Slayer as well. But I find their guitar solos very over-rated and rather boring. Kerry King (Guitarist) only seems to do an endless ammount of random hammer-ons with on and off pitch harmonics. It gets rather stale song, after song, after song.
I was talking about Jerry Cantrell's solo project the other day and realized I forgot to mention a good song; "Cut you Out", it's rather carnival sounding and has orchestra hit effects. It's a good song and it's definetly a sign that Jerry Cantrell can do other things than stick to Alice in Chains by himself.
Local H was having a bit of a problem a few weeks back with shipping their merchandise. If you were trying to get it sent, try to re-order it or contact G&P records to tell them you already paid and haven't recieved your goods.
The emocore band, Senses Fail, has grand news! The new album is in the works and it's titled, This Fire. I found it a little irritating that that's the name of a Killswitch Engage song as well. I realize that it's not an uncommon title but still. The only member change was the guitar player, Heath Saraceno, was replaced by Zack Roach. I don't know how this'll turn out but I am fairly certain that he'll impact their sound somehow. I expect either a great album, or another shitty album that'll become way too 'hardcore', or way too pop.
This year, a little while back, Nirvana's label had released the Live at Reading album. I've been listening to it and I have to say; A lot of it shows a very accurate sound of how they were at live performances. On the downside of this, they have quite a few songs on their that just sound terrible because they sucked live. If you have heard From The Muddy Banks of the Wishkah, you'll realize a lot of their songs sound awful live. It's just how it works when you suck at guitar.
So, the indie rock band, Ash, had mentioned how much they liked the album Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain by Pavement. I do like Pavement but I don't know them all that well if you know what I mean. I looked into the album and discovered it's a really good album. It has it's highs and lows but none the less, it has some good ********' songs. "Unfair' is a great example of these. I'm actually listening to it now.
So, I'll be bluntly honest; I hate Children of Bodom. But... If I wanna keep everyone's interest I have to appeal to you all, no matter how musically challenged you are. So COB (Only good thing about the band is their initials) has announced that they finished the drum tracks to their new album. Is that good enough news for you, metalheads?

EmilyRaynebow Minute - -

It bugs me when bands do covers. What if it's better than the original? What if it sucks a**? What if the cover becomes popular and the original falls into oblivion? This has happened, with AFI's, "Days Of The Phoenix". The Offspring covered it, since Dexter Holland owned Nitro records (Which, they were on at the time) Well, the cover made it onto the Me, Myself and Irene Soundtrack. What the ********?! This whole problem happened mostly with Soft Cell's, "Tainted Love" and Depeche Mode's, "Personal Jesus". God damn, I cannot begin to count how many different versions I've heard for these two.
I don't like the Punk Goes Pop thing that's been going on either. It was good, until they stopped featuring Punk bands.
I will be attending Warped Tour on August 15th, 2010. I am actually not that excited. I'm going for 5 bands. Attack Attack!, 3OH!3, Breathe Carolina, Hey Monday, and all the other monstrosities will be there. Ugh. ******** you music.
In other news, my puppy is the sweetest thing ever. She's constantly by my side, and drools a lot. Aww. <3

Song of the Day - -

Thought I Knew - Weezer
I found it difficult to give Weezer this position but they earned it damn fair. One of the things that makes this song better than usual is that the back up vocalist (Brian Bell) is doing lead the whole song. He sounds 'slightly' like the Atreyu singer just... Alternatized. The song features drum machines and acoustic guitars giving it a very mix-matched feeling. None the less The song was amazing. It was featured on the 2008 album, Weezer (The Red Album). Go listen.

- - Summer Update

Back home, finally. I had an amazing day with Emily today. And with her puppy Sadie! We consider her our puppy because we get her when we live together.

Well, this is actually an information thing... But, Emmybearrr_DF is now, pretty obviously, EmilyRaynebow. This new name will be featured instead of her old one so get used to the difference. b***h.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:58 pm
Xing Lynx Hour

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Weezer is already planning to top Ratitude. Ratitude, in my opinion, is one of the bands worst albums to date, so it shouldn't be too hard to top. Their next album will be out September 14th, and it's titled Hurley, after a character in the TV show, Lost. I don't expect much from the album sadly, I heard the first single off of it, "Memories", and it's basically the same as Ratitude was. Weezer, claimed the album had more concentrated ammounts of pure rock energy, but all I see if an expansion pack to their last two albums.
Ugh... I think I might be mad at Pearl Jam. I just noticed this morning that the live version of, "Dissident", on the Tokyo, Japan (March 3, 2003) live album, sounds EXACTLY like the original. Almost like they lip sang it. But... Why? Especially because the other songs, or at least "Even Flow", were performed completely differently. "Even Flow (Live)", was sped up like hell and the wah-wah was nearly gone. "Dissident (Live)", is really NO different. Or at least I'm not seeing it.
If you're looking for a good alternative to John Mayer, but you still want a similiar sound. Try the band, The Script, they're very post-grungey with a lot of poppy sound to it. It's very relaxed and just some easy-listening alternative. The only song I can think of to suggest is "Breakeven", which bugs the ******** out of me that there's no space between the words. Good song though.
I have heard that The Offspring will be releasing a new album sometime soonish. They began work on it early in this year so it should be ready, I expect, early 2011. The said it will be a mix between their most recent album, Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace, as well as returning to some older influences in Smash. I doubt they wil lreturn to Smash in the slightest but, they just want some old fans back. I'm not positive, but the only trace of a name to this new album is wikipedia so I can't support this for sure, I believe it's going to be titled Happy Hour! though. We'll see.
Teargarden by Kaleidyscope is the name of the new Smashing Pumpkins album. And it's confirmed that the songs will be released one at a time but perhaps not once every year. In other news of The S Pumps, their bassist, Ginger Pooley, quit and was replaced by Nicole Fiorentino. Speaking of which, I'll mention again. I've Mike Byrne, the new drummer, like 5 times at music stores. He lives in my district. That owns. I played drums with him at a Guitar Center once. Ballsin'.

Song of the Day - -

Father's Son - 3 Doors Down
The song is truly an epic piece. The lyrics are undeniably powerful and build a strong portion of the song. The chord progression isn't outstanding but it's to give more power to the lyrics. The chorus is for once, not a big focus of a 3 Doors Down song. It's practically just a transitory part. Here are some of the amazing lyrics.

"In the glare of a neon sign
She laid her body down
The damned walked in beside her
And laid his money down
He said don't try to scream now
But I want this one to hurt
And tonight my pretty one
I'm gonna get my money's worth
He said they never listen
She said they'd never understand
That I don't this for pleasure
I just do it cause I can
I swear I didn't want to
And I swear I didn't know
That things like this could happen
To a 17-year old"

This is just the first verse by the way. Near the middle of the song it get's especially soft and as it builds to the chorus, a choir joins and makes an especially powerful momentum push into a newly melodic chorus that drives to the end. It's an outstanding song, suprisingly not on The Better Life, it's featured on Seventeen Days. Go listen munchkinds!

- - Summer Update

Warped Tour is in Oregon today, lots of my friends are going and for the most part, I feel bad for them. The line-up (Like EmilyRaynebow said) is "oh my god terrible'. There's some really bad bands there like; Hey Monday, Attack Attack!, Alkaline Trio, Breathe Carolina, Everclear, 3OH!3, The Cab, and We The Kings. That's just so... Terrible.

When screamo bands get called punk. Punk's fine, and occasionally, Screamo's fine. But NEVER confuse the two. Punk is fast and so is screamo, are there any other simularities? Not really... Small ones perhaps, but just no.
One thing that's recently been bugging me as well is when people classify all punk as the same. People will say, "I hate punk!" And then I'll say, "I thought you liked Rise Against?" And they'll say that Rise Against isn't punk. What!? Rise Against is modern punk, it's still punk. Down tell me "Kotov Syndrome" isn't punk as ********. (Favorite R'gainst song) Nearly everyone like The Offspring and, they're mega balls punks. Maybe not so much as recently, but they still are. It just get's me when people are so closed minded about genres. Ha ha, here's my well deserved, "Well you hate death metal!" and yeah. I do, for the most part. I like a few bands and don't mind some others. I love Attila! Trivium's not quite "death metal" but I love them too. Parkway Drive's not too bad either, and neither are The Faceless. I'm also just starting to like We Came As Romans, but I need to hear more of them to decide. And they aren't quite Death Metal either I suppose.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:07 pm
XNGLNXHR

- - - With additions from the EmilyRaynebow Minute!

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

To start off the evening, Social Distortion announced they'll be doing their first ever Australian tour! Sweet! What's that, like, 5 shows? Well anyway, they'll be there starting in 2011 sometime. So, for all you Australians, and only you Aussies, go see Social Distortion!
Chris Pennie of Coheed and Cambria just announced, his side project, Return to Earth's first album is out. It's titled, Automata, and I honestly have no idea what to expect. All I can assume is that it's better than the Year of The Black Rainbow bullshit that he was a part of.
The artist of all of the Judas Priest album work (Mark Wilkinson) has created a hard cover book of all of his best works. It includes a lot of the album art he's done, various posters designed for bands, and his miscellanious works. You can buy it from the Judas Priest store but I'm not sure where else really.
3 Doors Down played this year at the annual Sturgis chopper convention. I couldn't help but wonder how many times Motorhead had performed at Sturgis. Speaking of which, i've been listening to 3 doors down and Motorhead a lot more. I love The Better Life album by 3DD and specifically, "The Game", by Motorhead. great music right there.
Imperfect harmonies, the New Serj Tankian album, is going to be released very shortly. You can pre-order it already and it has been announced to be two disks. It'll be a big album for all of you big System of a Down fans. I'm still at mild amazment that he make a second album. It's like, "How the ******** did Chris Cornell make 3 albums in his solo project!?" Yeah. Self centered faggots like Chris Cornell and Tankian can never have a solo project because the rest of the members will get tired of their continuous bullshit.
The secrets of Switchfoot's guitar tones are revealed! Switchfoot guitarist, Drew Shirley, was interviewed by guitar world about his live rig. (A rig in music, for those who don't know, is your live set up) They have a video on the guitar World site and on Switchfoot's facebook. As well as, I imagine so anyway, an article in the magizine.

EmilyRaynebow Minute - -

So as I had said, I attended Warped Tour 2010 a few days ago. This is my fourth year going, but every year is different. This year's lineup was meh. But oh my lord, Pierce The Veil just gets better every time I see them. Spending most of the day with my "husband" Jaime (Hi-Me) Preciado (PTV Bassist), and two of my closest friends, drowned out the horrible music in the backround.
Pierce the Veil is so energetic on stage. They are the cutest little mexicans ever. Tony, takes the best pictures.
I heard from a friend that attended Bring Me The Horizon, that their show went a little insane. They threw their drumset into the crowd. Bah! Someone could seriously get hurt! Speaking of pain... Emmure was brutal. Not the good way... They have this thing they like to call "The Wall Of Life". Instead of splitting the crowd, they have everyone pack as tight as they can up to the front, count to 3 and everyone just climbs on top of eachother. So many injuries.... Overall, yesterday can be described in four words. Hot. Amazing. Hot. And HOT.
Oh, and btdubz, Attack! Attack! Is about friendship.

Song of the Day - -

Jumanji - Attila
Normally, i wouldn't suggest a death metal sonjg. But "Jumanji" has melody and to me, intense ammounts of pure catchy as ********. It has sweeping guitar noises (Which is where the melodic sense comes from) and simplistic metal drums so that it reduces the clutter (Which is what drives me away from death metal) to a bare minimum.

- - Summer Update

Well, I'm on a weird schedule. I'll have an article up tomorrow and most likely sunday, BUT, then I wont until next friday. I'll be going camping and as you all know. Nature is the enemy of recorded music.
Listening to my buddy, Nate Burbee, play acoustic guitar and he's a ******** genious when he get's into it. It's so nice to be able to write my article and have him be my background music. I also feel like I have a theme song.

Not being able to write to you guys everyday! I feel so bad about it! I promise, once summer is over, I can be a lot more consistant. Excluding weekends. definetly excluding weekends. I'm sort of what you call, 'someone who parties.' As in, 'plays D&D a lot.'

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:36 pm
XING LYNX HOUR

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Mike Patton of Faith No More, announced on July 19th, in Finland, that that show would be their last appearance together. This however, did not specify whether this meant the band's reunion was to be abolished, or that the tour was just over. I hope to every god in the world that they're staying together. I want another god damn FNM album!
Uber good news. Previous Fuel frontman, Brett Scallions, has announced that the group, Re-Fueled, (Which was the reformation of previous Fuel members) is now under the name of Fuel and will be touring soon as Fuel. ******** yes Scallions! He took Fuel back! This is only so important to me because he is my favorite vocalist, I was about to kill Fuel when they kicked him out.
I have recently been intrigued by a few bands; Collective Soul, which happened because I was showing a friend a song by them and remembered how ******** awesome they were. I've been listening to "Why Pt.2" and "Listen" since. The next band is Helmet, I've been giving "Unsung" and "See You Dead", quite a few listens in the past few days. There's just a higher level of enjoyment extracted when I listen to them. The last band is Third Eye Blind, which I can't say that any specific songs have been on my tail, but, "Jumper" and "Never Let You Go" have been the preferred's. Those 3 bands are the 'In' bands for me, at least for a little while.
The music video for "Gallows" by Atreyu is on Fuse now. I haven't seen it, but I know the song is really good. It's one of my favorite songs off of their most recent album, Congregation of The Damned. Although I like that song, I don't particularily think the album is very great.

Song of the Day - -

Interstate Love Song - Stone Temple Pilots
Yes, the amazing 90s hit, "Interstate Love Song". I must bring up the song for the unfortunate few who don't already know it. The song has gruff vocals and dirty guitar scratches, which are backed up by ambient guitars in the chorus and a strong sense of melody. The constants throughtout the song however, are the dirty 'open-clutch' hi-hat use and the powerful bass. He's one of those bassists who wont sit by and play the guitar part an octave lower. What a great guy. The song is on the bands second album, Purple. Even has an awesome name bro.

- - Summer Update

Wooh! I gotta be ready for my camping trip soon! Got so many clothes to wash and outfits to tactically plan. Gotta have my shorts clean on the right days, don't I?
Well, I should have another article up tomorrow, a good portion of it will be me saying my part-time good byes. I won't return until friday at the least. So, I'm so sorry, but you guys gotta go one whole week without me.

You wanna know the worst part about me not being able to write more articles for you guys? Well, you know, for the next few days? Tomorrow, you think I'd make some 'big' going away finale or something. I would. BUT, there's nothing to ******** talk about. I've been draining the webs of all the available info. I may have some opinion stuff up tomorrow, not much info on bands.
I will do an album comparison I think too. But who and what will I compare? You know what'd be fun? I should compare something to the Foo Fighters, One by One. Perhaps a Nirvana album to give a pas and present appear. But I can't compare it to the intricate, Nevermind, to grand. I will look into it.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:51 am
MEGA XING LYNX HOUR

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

So, one of my personal beliefs is to never judge a band by one song; It's just an innaccurate depiction of them. Now, this rule applies perfectly to a few classic rock bands that I absolutely adore: Blue Oyster Cult's classic, "Cities on Flame With Rock and Roll", I absolutely hate that song. BUT, I love the artist to death. Same as the Scorpions, "Rock You Like A Hurricane", too cliche rock for me. But The Scorpions are my perhaps favorite classic rock act. (Close to Bon Jovi) Now, I had only heard a few songs by Vampire Weekend before last night. I was watching Saturday Night Live, and they happened to be the musical guest. Normally, I admit, I always figured they'd suck because they were big enough homosexuals to put the word 'Vampire' anywhere near their name. I was absolutely right. They are perhaps one of the worst indie-rock outfits I've heard since... The Shins for god's sake!
So, this morning, I listened through Every single Stone Temple Pilots studio album. I have misjudged them, for the most part. Naturally, I give the band a claim to fame because Core and Purple were astonishing albums, but I would put down the follow-up, Tiny Music...Songs From The Vatican Gift Shop, simply because of the massive change in musical style. Honestly, I don't think the album's 'bad', but it's not them really. Let's ignore this fact, the band did use grunge to make it, as soon as they did they left it behind and did what they wanted. Which is what spawned the change. After Tiny Music, No. 4 was released. This is the album I had always insulted due to the epic change (Again) in their musical style. It leaned more towards their earlier work than Tiny Music but still wasn't the same. It was far poppier. I listened through it all a few hours ago and... It was pretty good actually. I misjudged it and I apologize. It's still no where near their early stuff but... It was alright. I kinda want that album now. The next album is where I thought they had turned mega-f** because of "Days of The Week", yes, I'm of course speaking of the infamous, Shangri-La Dee Da. After listening through it all, I noticed it's not nearly as good as the early stuff and not as good as No.4. Well, duh. But, It's still not awful. About a third of the album is pretty decent and somewhat heavy enough to be considered hard-rock, but there's no detection of grunge at all anymore. And finally, the recently released self-titled album. OH MY GOD. It's so god damn bad. Holy mother ******** s**t! It's like the band ate solidified PCP and forgot they weren't Hootie & The Blowfish. Please, don't listen to this s**t. BUT, if you feel the need to examine it for yourself, DO NOT BUY IT! We can't encourage this corrupt behavior. And That's my updated standpoint on the band, Stone Temple Pilots.
I was gonna compare an album wasn't I? Okay fine. Let's see... I'm gonna compare The Foo Fighters ellaborate, One by One, with... Ah ha! Soundgarden's famed, Superunknown! So, let's compare song stats. We'll start with One by One: The single off of One by One, "All My Life", was actually really good. Super catchy chorus and it made no sense, perfect. Other great songs included: "Have It All", "Lonely As You", "Overdrive", and "Times Like These". Not to forget though, "Tired of You", which was such a perfectly added softy. One of the things about One by One, is that you do need to listen to the album as 'one'. It doesn't host much for these, 'amazing singles', but what it has is an intracate foundation and a perfect balance of heavy to soft. Most songs evolve throughout and really lead into the next track, it's a great album and I can just say that. Now, let's talk about Superunknown shall we? So, no doubt you all know the 90s classic, "Black Hole Sun". And I agree with it's title; It's an amazing song. One thing about Superunknown is you have to take the opposite approach of One by One and listen to each song. Because I wont lie, the album has some filler. "Kickstand", was like, "Da ********?" The point is to ignore it and focus on the truly valuable songs such as, "Spoonman", previously mentioned, "Black Hole Sun", "Fell On Black Days", "The Day I Tried To Live", "Fresh Tendrils", and the self-titled song, "Superunknown". These songs alone are nearly enough to make an album, in fact, if it were... And maybe add some tracks from Down on The Upside, it'd win this comparison hands down. Well it's time for me to think... I have it. Superunknown wins. It's primarily because I find myself listening to that album far more than One by One. It just has strong songs that stand on their own. When you listen to ObO, you need to listen to just that album as like... Straight through. That's what it's best for. Not saying it's bad at all though. Superunknown just has more songs that can be heard and remembered as their own song, and not as a piece of an album puzzle.
Okay, so I found a little somethin' somethin' in the world of music. Some of the Oasis members (Excluding the dead drummer of course) had decided to continue recording, so they did. They weren't sure if they wanted to stay under the name Oasis, which they decided not to. They're going with Beady Eye. They said it may be out this year, but then again they expected it out in July and whaddya know? Nothing yet. They said it's biggest influences lie in T. Rex and David Bowie, so be ready for some laughs if this is true.

Song of the Day - -

Nothing Left To Say But Goodbye - Audioslave
Speaking of Chris Cornell, and my absence for the next... Nearly a week; I present to you this epic marvel! "Nothing Left To Say But Goodbye", is perhaps one of the oddest Audioslave songs. It is soft... But evolves into a demented crashing anthem. It's rather intriguing at the least. It's on the album, Revelations, featured as the second to last track, just before "Moth".

- - Summer Update

Well, I have a hefty load of plans for the following week: Today, I'm gonna be with my darling for awhile before I'm gone for a week. She really has stolen my heart and I wish I could give her all my time in the world. She deserves it all. Sadly, afterwords, sometime at like 2 or 3ish, I'mma be heading over to my friends house for our immensily updated version of D&D where you control armies. It's sooooo fun! On monday, I'm gonna be heading out of town again, about an hour away. We gotta be there because we're gonna take our friends', grandparents' RV out camping. Although... We're only aloud in it for when we're getting there, getting back, and coffee in the morning. They understand the importance of coffee, thank god. We're gonna chill there for a few days, but come Wednesday and we're heading out for camping! We'll be kiyaking the rivers away! And then on friday we're comin' back and I'll be heading home for my birthday. Which, hopefully anyway, I get this sweet Taylor acoustic guitar that's really tiny, but I love it to death!

I realized 5 minutes ago, everytime I hear about the band T. Rex, I immediately think of Dinosaur Jr., and then I double think, I wonder if Dinosaur Jr. is the theoretical child of T. Rex.
Speaking of which, I realized that yesterday when I posted about the bands I was getting obsessed with, I forgot to mention Dinosaur Jr., weird. Well, if I haven't already said it; I ********' love the songs, "It's Me" and "Forget The Swan".
Well guys, I guess this is goodbye for a little while... I feel like this article gets a bit abused for all the effort put into it but hey, it's my job as a writer to make people happy. And whether that's three people or a thousand, I'm gonna keep it up. I guess I lied yesterday when I said I wasn't gonna leave with a bang. I promise you, when I wrote that I wasn't planning on it. The whole Vampire Weekend thing came to mind when I was trying to sleep last night. Everything else just sorta popped out from there on. I guess what I'm getting at is that for the few faithful readers I have, I thank you. I'd love to have this whole guild, for that matter, the whole gaian community, reading my article. But as long as I have people who I know still listen to real music, or at least portions of it, reading my 'helpful' article, I'll keep writing. Ultamately, as long as I know the people haven't given up on music entirely, I wont give up on them. I'm gonna wrap this up and I suppose... There's nothing left to say but, goodbye.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:54 pm
The Xingeth Lynxeth Houre Hath Returned

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Gonna hop right into the music; Senses Fail, released a new song onto their Myspace called, "Saint Anthony". It's a rather catchy song. It seems to have a lot more influence from My Chemical Romance and Billy Talent though. Mainly the chords used sound B-Talenty. It's a little poppier for them, but I find it actually a little better. It's not overdosed in pop rocks yet. Check it out!
Yeah! So, 10 Years fans, you know that their new album, Feeding The Wolves, is gonna be out on the 31st of this month? I'm not a big fan of the band I admit, but I am looking forward to something new speculating into the alt metal scene other than the last disgrace, Dear Agony. I hope people remember Breaking Benjamin for their great success in their first few albums rather than their garbage that was spawned from "Diary of Jane".
Oh balls! Bon Jovi had a new single! "What Do You Got?", is the newest in Bon Jovi development. It's still got his forever lasting classic rock influence but it does have a high focus on country. I wish Bon Jovi would stop with the whole country thing. No one really likes it and he's not always so successful with it. Bon Jovi needs to go back to the Wah wah days and throw back in some real rock.
I feel too many Smashing Pumpkins songs are ignored because of a few singles. Or rather, a few popular songs. Of course "Today", "Cherub Rock", and "Bullet with Butterfly Wings", are great songs. BUT, The band has better songs, and a lot more of em'. I feel that "Mayonaise", "Zero", and "The Imploding Voice" seem to be ignored. Regardless that they're awesome songs. Just sayin'...
It appears that Soundgarden has begun their playing at Lollapalooza after all. They have the same sound as before and that's great news. They are a really interesting band to see live so check some of the stuff out if you can. Imagine the energy from the "Black Hole Sun" Music video brought onto stage. Sweet right?
Fall of Troy has a new band? Just Like Vinyl, never heard em'... Sounds like they'd be good but I just don't know. I'll look em' up in the enarby future, if I remember.

Song of the Day - -

In My Place - Coldplay
It's a bit more chill of a song than I'm usually into I admit, but, this song has some great structure and a very unique tone. It sounds like it has a nearly, church grunge appearance. It features dirty, open hi-hat, drums with plenty o' 'verb, (Reverb) As well as a rather catchy guitar line with a little too much delay. You have to treat this song as if it weren't Coldplay though. When you throw an alternative name like Coldplay down people expect some big pop song. This isn't "Viva La Vida", it's Coldplay. There's a difference and it needs to be respected.

- - Summer Update

Camping, was, awesome. I wont speak of my adventures simply because It'd be so god damn long. I will say however, I just went like 3 days without swearing. That's impressive. I'll get a few extras out right now. ********. n****e rippling a** ********. ****** f*****t. Homo f*****t super dike. That's good enough.
Tomorrow is my 10 month with my baby bear! Gonna get me a new V-neck and some panda with my baby doll. Then chill until midnight for some Rocky Horrow Picture Show. Dear lord...
Oh yeah. It's my birthday. I got a Gnor.

Bands who don't think outside of the box. It's bands like Airbourne who are th reason music has a problem developing. Well, them and every scene band in existence.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:31 am
Xing + Lynx + Hour = Xing Lynx Hour

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

You know one band who go ********? Mudvayne. They're actually a really talented, amazing band, but all people seem to listen to is "Do What You Do" because that's the only song that the media advertises. "Scarlet Letters" and "Never Enough" are both on the same album, (A New Game) yet are completely ignored even though they're both, by far, better songs. Popular songs are entirely made by what the radio chooses, and what music videos are made. That's disgusting people.
The two member team, Local H, have decided to make a rarity in the current music scene: A mix tape of covers. Yes, a mix 'tape'. It will be a casette that features them doing some cover songs by Pink Floyd, The Jesus Lizard, Concrete Blonde, TV on The Radio and some others. It will truly be a landmark of fighting modernization. Good job?
For those of you on Merchandise hunts, a good place to check would be the Killswitch Engage shops. Their shirts are all only 8 dollars for a little while. Plus there's some deal you can do to get some free guitar picks. The shirts look pretty killer so check em' out. Facebook is an easy way to find the shop but if you know the official webpage it's easier to do. Just get.
"My Drive Thru", is the official song of the 100th anniversary of the Chuck Taylor converse shoes. It's by The Strokes and will be on their long-awaitted 4th studio album. I haven't heard the song but you can get it for a free download on the converse homepage. I may listen to it elsewhere but I'll wait to get the song when I get the album.

Song of the Day - -

Reject Yourself - Killswitch Engage
After talking on a whole camping trip, we brought up this song quite a bit. It's my personal favorite KSE song and It has some amazing switches and variations throughout it. The song is a very ambiant pieve with some intense strumming speed as well as a very catchy closing riff. It's much alike the closing riff of "My Curse" though. It's better in it's own way though.

- - Summer Update

So... I love the guitar I got for my birthday. It's a Mitchell acoustic that sound awesome. Today, my baby baby was sleeping and I sang (and played) "Everlong" (Yes, the Foo Fighters hit) to her and she was so giddy. She's the sweetest. Now that I have a guitar of my own I'll end up singing to her a lot more.
On another note with that guitar, I need to learn a few more songs lyrics. Not so I can be a douche kid and play other peoples songs, no. So I can do what I did to "Everlong" and change the ******** out of it and have a few songs I can perform, oh lord, panhandling will be so fun.

I noticed that Coheed & Cambria have a lot of parts in their music, particularily instrumental sections, that sound dangerously close to Rush. I don't hate it or think it's bad, but I do wonder if Coheed considers Rush an influence, because they have some major Rush flavor in their brew. I guess this really should've been in the music section huh?
I hate being too full to eat dessert. I missed ice cream and pie today. Gay boner nuts.

**BOOKS~POEMS~WRITINGS~CENTRAL**

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff