killer
  horrible
View Results

AnonymousJoe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:08 pm
moonisdown
AnonymousJoe
all i know is that

you don't know, all you know is that you don't know nothing..right?
and thats fine. rofl
okay, sorry..had to.
what?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:00 pm
operation ivy reference. hehe.  

Asthen

DarkVice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:54 pm
So all my friends are/were lame and with a few exception don't listen to ska at all. But, for some reason everyone and their mom at my school had a Bob Marley t-shirt and a sublime t-shirt (it was in the ghetto of Long Beach so i guess that was okay). Oh, and one person i went to school with's older sister went to school with one or two fo the original members of RBF.
Anyway best part of marching band was that I joined without knowing how to play anything. reshmen year i joined tennis, got kicked out of the class, twice, and then put in girls off season tennis. Next year I'm like "******** that, in the eye" so i joined marching band with no previous music experience and "played" baritone for a semester, then french horn (concert band), then two years of sousaphone. The best part is I could play my sousaphone louder than the other three people in the section combined.... that and coppying all the cheerleaders dances while still wearing my sousaphone... Also improving all cheers with "Oi! Oi! OI!" whereverpossible.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:45 pm
Are cheerleaders are too slutty to be copied. my eyes! They burn!

Our tuba section is loved immensely. Dan is always learning how to play those stupid overplayed songs on the radio on his Tuba. now, Imagine this- a short, skinny, white boy with acne playing "My humps" "Holla back girl" and songs from spice girls or ashley simpson on a tuba bigger than him all whilst wiggling his bum to the beat.... yeah we laugh too.

He's also humped his tuba more than a few times. It's fun when our BD says "Dan?! Dan, what are you doing to your tuba? PUT THAT INSTRUMENT DOWN BEFORE I HAVE TO GO DOWN THERE AND STRANGLE YOU!"

Sadly he's a senior. I'll miss him. sad  

UreshiiNyoko

Asthen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:05 pm
Aw, that sucks. There's a tenor sax player that likes to play entertaining songs on his instrument.
Some annoying song he calls Kernel Chubby's Day Off (I don't know if it's an actual song or if he made it up), Crazy Train, the Mario song, you name it.
He also made up a song that he and some other kids play whenever the assistant BD walks into the band room. XD
We're supposed to get like 5 new sousa players for next season. =)
We have two right now, a sophomore and a junior.
The sophomore might try out for DM though. I hope he gets it.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:55 am
Yeah my personal favorites were "Inna Gadda Davida" ... I dont even know how to spell that.... But when you play it you have to blat like mad.

All I know now is that teaching yourself how to play bagpipes suxxorz stressed  

DarkVice

UreshiiNyoko

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:30 pm
I'm trying out for DM too but I'm kinda self concious about it. I have this weird inferiority complex type thing where I'm always thinking people are better than me gonk soooo yeah I'm a little paranoid about that.

There has never been a sousa at my school and this makes me angry. evil

We also have our bari sax, Nilus; our tenor, Vitale; The baritone section, both of our DMs, our best Tenor drum player, and our two best marimba players! God they're alllll seniors cry they better visit during band camp. I will track them down.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:38 am
I think the most surprising ska loving confession came from my "emo" friend Josh. The reason being, I've only heard him listen to emo/screamo stuff and he totally fits the emo profile. The best part is he's helping revive our ska band! We shall rise again with the help of our sad little emo friend.

And now I feel like talking about my band class experience, seein as how that's what this thread's topic has shifted to lol
Because I've been listening to ska since I was about 10, I was more than excited to join band class to play the trumpet. For my 12th b-day I got a brand new trumpet and finally got to join band class, where I met my band's soon to be saxist/keyboarder, trumpeteer, drummer, and lead guitarist. I thought this was going to be the greatest band class ever... Of course, I soon realized that our instructor was a strict jerk who wouldn't even think of trying a new song, let alone a new style. It wasn't long till me and the guys decided we were better off on our own.
Long story short, we formed a ska band that lasted all through high school, with me playing rhythm guitar instead of trumpet (go figure), poorly covering songs from video games, with a sound like Slow Gherkin (Shed Some Skin). We also ended up writing three original songs. So it's thanks to band class that I had some of the best times of my life; even if I was only in it for a short time.

Oh and our bass player was the only one who hadn't been in band class before, so the theory that "every ska kid is a band nerd but not every band nerd is a rudie" is fairly accurate in our case 3nodding  

McHuggies

UreshiiNyoko

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:14 pm
I think band class is just a place that breeds rudies. Like that rare fungus that was growing in the spit valve of Caseys tuba surprised

that was meant to be a better analogy but it'll do.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:02 pm
ahaha, today we called our director a poser because the only reel big fish song he has on his computer's play list is sell out.
then he took the mouse away from me and put on jackknife to a swan. blaugh heart
at the end of february we had a band lazer tag lock in and my friend made a mix cd of just ska, it was amazing, hahaha.  

Asthen

Electric Uncle Akuma

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:09 pm
Asthen
ahaha, today we called our director a poser because the only reel big fish song he has on his computer's play list is sell out.
then he took the mouse away from me and put on jackknife to a swan. blaugh heart
at the end of february we had a band lazer tag lock in and my friend made a mix cd of just ska, it was amazing, hahaha.

It's stories like that, that make me wish I was still in band. D;

But, our director doesn't do that.
But he would.

I should suggest it to him, make my friends day. >>  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:29 pm
ahh we went to msboa (michigan school band orchestra association or something to that extent) today in ann arbor. we got a I, amazingly.
thought i'd share that band related story.  

Asthen

McHuggies

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:59 pm
My scene friend Josh never ceases to surprise me. Just today, I was listening to Axis of Evil's song B.L.S. and he not only knew who they were, but he knew what song I was listening to. He even went on to say that he also liked their song Four Car Garage Band. Afterwards, we had a long discussion about all things ska. It was special xd  
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:27 pm
I heard a Madness song yesterday. A car full of preppy teenagers was blasting it. I even stopped to listen. smile

My course teacher once, in the middle of a lesson, decided he wanted music and blasted-yes, blasted-are you ready? The Selecter. With "Three Minute Hero." One of my all-time fave raves. Squee!  

Queenie42

Peel Slowly And See

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:24 am

Hey you, don't watch that. Watch this. This is the heavy heavy monster sound. The nuttiest sound around....

Well my core class was in the school library one day working on projects and my teacher was talking to our assitant librarian, and he was all "So in the 80s were you all into The Cure and Depeche Mode and Morrisey? Or were you into like Motley Crue and Guns N Roses?"

And she replied "No, I was more into The Specials and Madness" and he was all: neutral surprised like Who?

This is the same man who told my mother that he was suprised that i did my huge 8th grade culture project on Punk Rock instead of Grunge because Grunge is more "Relevant". stare

...So if you've come in off the street, and you're beginning to feel the heat, well listen buster you better start to move your feet to the rockinest rock steady beat of Madness...One Step Beyond!

Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff