Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Dia Dementia's Journey With Weightloss and Veganism! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gold!
  thank you :]
View Results

pinkcatminht

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:04 pm
Sunsway
Oatmeal is great with honey as an alternative to sugar... you may not eat that as a vegan though. It's one thing I wouldn't consider giving up. =)
no, i don't eat honey xd i do sometimes put maple syrup in my oatmeal though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:06 pm
another 30 minutes at the gym, & right now i'm making a big batch of whole-wheat pizza crusts biggrin

so i had a whole wheat small pizza with pureed tomato with italian seasoning for sauce, spinach, mushrooms, & daiya vegan cheese. i also had some other things but i can't remember >.< i also went to the movies & saw Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, & after asking if the butter on the popcorn was actual butter or vegetable oil, & finding out it's veggie oil, i had a small popcorn & a water. this is really good, because normally i get all kinds of snacks & a large diet coke, along with a large popcorn. so i'm proud of myself mrgreen

pinkcatminht

pinkcatminht

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:28 am
so, this morning i've had a sprouted grain english muffin with my tofutti cream cheese/nutritional yeast/basil/garlic powder mix(plus a spoonful or two by itself >.>), & two strips of lightlife brand smart "bacon". lunch was some pasta salad made with vegenaise & vegan ranch dip(still not healthy, oopsie) with 1/2 cup of edamame & some whole wheat toast with more of my tofutti mix. dinner was a vegan bacon cheeseburger(amy's all-american burger, lightlife smart bacon, daiya cheese, & more of my tofutti mix... too yummy) which was unfortunately on a regular white bun. you'd think that a bacon cheeseburger would be unhealthy, regardless of whether or not it's vegan, but it was actually a protein-packed dinner(around 20 grams). snack was some sour patch kids :/

i was going to go to zumba today, but i woke up late >.< i am going to be awake for Wholyfit yoga tomorrow! so, i'll be doing the eliptical or the treadmill today at the gym. i swear, if i had an eliptical at home i wouldn't need a gym membership xp

i'm starting to get really frustrated with my dad. he's the one who goes grocery shopping, & he never buys healthy food! even when i ask him, he buys the wrong thing, or lies & says "he can't find it," even if i tell him right where it is in the store. what's more, he gets mad when i buy food with my own money! ARGH! like, he literally doesn't even buy fruits & veggies, unless its lettuce(iceburg, blech) & tomatoes in the off-season, & that's only when he makes burgers or when mom makes mexican food.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:55 am
went to wholyfit yoga. i'm glad, but i'll probably go to the gym later. it wasn't a workout as much as it was megatough stretching & balancing. still, i was both the youngest & the most out of shape person there... sweatdrop i really needed it though, i didn't realize how inflexible i've become. i used to be so good in this class too! gonk i want to get back to my "former glory," lol.

anyways, this morning i decided to treat myself to two small vegan dougnuts from the bakery. i also got my boyfriend a sausage/egg/cheese biscuit, but he's not awake yet. i kindof miss eggs, but i won't give up my veganism for a silly little biscuit. 4laugh

ended up not going to the gym again, but that's okay. i ate a little heavier today, but a lot of the offending items(vegan pasta salad, sour patch kids) are gone. thank goodness too! i had the two aforementioned items, another vegan bacon cheeseburger(definitely putting some veggies on it from here on in! ...even though it's made of veggies, haha), edamame, & a sprouted whole grain english muffin with my cream cheese mixture again... basically, same as yesterday, just in slightly different amounts.

pinkcatminht

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:28 am
Dia Dementia
Munkers
I thought that Skittles had gelatin in them?
regular skittles & tropical skittles still have gelatin in them. sour skittles, crazy cores, & fizzy skittles don't smile

Interesting! I thought it would have been the same across the board. Thank you!

Yoga's really great for strength and flexibility, but you're right in that it's not a substitute for cardio at all.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:42 am
Munkers
Dia Dementia
Munkers
I thought that Skittles had gelatin in them?
regular skittles & tropical skittles still have gelatin in them. sour skittles, crazy cores, & fizzy skittles don't smile

Interesting! I thought it would have been the same across the board. Thank you!

Yoga's really great for strength and flexibility, but you're right in that it's not a substitute for cardio at all.

well, the class itself is also focused on muscle toning as well as just plain old yoga, & i would wager to say that it's a light strength exercise. but yes, definitely need to be doing cardio every day. sweatdrop

pinkcatminht

pinkcatminht

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:45 am
for some reason i'm really sleepy this morning. i can't seem to wake up! idk why. i might go to the gym later today when i can actually get my energy up.

so i ended up going, & i actually messed with the buttons on the machine, & found out i burned 299 calories smile

breakfast was some raisin cinnamon granola with almond milk, sprouted grain english muffin with tofutti mix, & two strips of smart bacon. lunch was pasta(sadly not whole wheat) with earth balance butter, tony chacheres creole seasoning, & lots of ground black pepper. i also had a snack of a piece of watermelon, some edamame, & a bowl of flax raisin bran with a little organic sugar & almond milk. dinner was nachos with fat-free refried beans, daiya cheese, & salsa.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:25 am
another day without energy! wtf! am i working out too hard? am i not eating enough? i'm eating inbetween 1500-1600.... usually closer to the 1600 side :/ gah.

breakfast - one bowl of flax raisin bran with almond milk, one whole sprouted grain muffin with one side earth balance-covered, one side fiber jam on the other, along with two strips of smart bacon.
lunch - skipped... for some reason i wasn't hungry.
dinner - another veggie burger, this time with (the last)three strips of smart bacon, mustard, ketchup, daiya, & vegenaise.
snack - some Sun Chips, a banana, & a few of my boyfriend's french fries. haha whoops, oh well!

i worked out for 25 minutes yesterday(had to do a shorter session so i could go see my boyfriend's marching band play) on the stationary bike. what a horrible idea! >.< i could barely concentrate on moving my legs, the stupid bike seat hurt my bum so much! as a result, i barely burned 91 calories.

pinkcatminht

pinkcatminht

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:12 pm
today was a really good day exercise-wise, but a bad day food-wise. went to the gym & burned 304 cals in a 40-minute period(including the warm-up & the cool-down).

i've done really bad today & ate nothing but 800 cals of junk so far. i'm planning to have a vegetable-loaded veggie burger for dinner on a sprouted grain english muffin, & do better tomorrow. i'm a bit bummed, but i'm not going to let it ruin my efforts.

OH! speaking of, three lb drop this week! i weighed myself last night & i'm down from 195 to 192. mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:41 pm
horrible day. did not go to gym. mom threw out all the healthy food i just bought in one of her stupid bitchy cleaning fits(all her stupid junk food is still here, surprise of surprises). i bought that stuff less than a week ago. i'm broke.
i am so ridiculously upset. i have never wanted to punch my own mother before.

pinkcatminht

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:34 pm
Ugh... that's awful. What the heck is wrong with some people? neutral  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:38 am
have you ever had a day that let you know that it's going to be one of THOSE weeks? yeah, i'm pretty sure last night was the start of one of those weeks.

couldn't get to the gym today, it's raining too hard to see in front of you on the road.
boyfriend blows up at his aunt(he never blows up at anyone; hell, he doesn't even raise his voice when someone asks him to speak up), now i can't talk to him or see him.
not much healthy food to eat... have to rely on dad's shoddy grocery shopping, where half the things i ask for he won't get.
ugh. lord help me. crying

pinkcatminht

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:51 pm
User Image

Uhg, that would be irritating.
=(
Maybe you should try to get a mini fridge in your room and then you can hide your healthy stuff.
=)

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:57 pm
i plan on it, as soon as i get the cash.

pinkcatminht

pinkcatminht

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:35 pm
i've had a few booboos today food-wise, but i burned 307 calories on the eliptical. plus i have an appointment to find out how much weight/how many reps i should be using on the weight machines, so i'll probably start doing that every other day.

breakfast - 1 cup cheerios with almond milk.
snack - two pieces of vegan(only because they use soybean oil instead of butter) garlic bread... oops! plus, some corn chips. ~_~
lunch - not really much of anything, i suck at coming up with stuff for lunch.
dinner - planning on another burger, but i'm out of english muffins so back to the regular white buns.

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff