Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
Mpreg Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mpreg
  :D
  D:
View Results

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:30 pm
Ex-Professor Remus Lupin
As for MPreg. No offense, but as a male, I will say this: the male body can not handle a pregnancy. Not only in there no womb in the body but the simple fact is, males haven't the correct hormones in order to care for the child properly. MPreg spells or whatever the ******** reason you have to torture us gay males don't make them males. It makes them women. I don't care if he still has his d**k at the end of it, getting pregnant and having a baby is for girls. 'Nuff said. Why do you think I respect women so much. They put up with a lot of s**t. Of course, try being a gay male for a week and we might have something to talk about...

I'm ranting. sweatdrop Sorry, I'll stop now.

*hugs*

I'd say something to your last little comment there, but you know me, if it wasn't so expensive and it actually worked properly I might just be a gay male when I move out of my parents home. But unfortunatly, the fates are against me.

*shivers* You people keep going on about the pain like it's not that big of a deal. I'm sorry, as a girl, I'm moving out and I'm getting my tubes tied so I never have to deal with child birth. How you guys can stick that to poor Harry, Draco, or any other Male when it would be ten times worse for them and not just the usual pain a female has... *groans*  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:47 am
I like it to some extent. I wouldnt really read any of it. but some pics are cute.

In the HP subforum, in the "which hp character is above you" thread people have called my avatar Remus' and Sirius' love child a couple of times xD  

go-tannie

Zaurak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:47 pm
hikaridonya

I completely agree with you, though. I'd be more impressed if someone wrote a story about the struggle that [insert slash couple of choice] went through to adopt a child.
Or even if they used a surrogate mother. Now that would make for an interesting idea.

That would be an interesting idea!

*gets mental image of Hermione carring Harry and Draco's baby*
Whoa...whoa...whooaaaa

Twisted...clever...very funny...somewhat poignant and sweet...I'd love to see a fic like that!

Oh, right, my opinion on m-preg:
I've nevera ctually been brave enough to read it. The concept has just always really squicked me. >_o  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:20 am
I like it. I just don't like weepy!Harry. It annoys me.

[-Creep of Wrath-]

Saiya-jinKISS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:52 pm
4laugh I love mpreg! It's pratically all I write about on ff.net, my friends think I'm strange and give me looks. Maybe 'cuz it's so different and AU (alternate universe) for some ppl to accept. But I don't care. I like mostly Draco/Harry pairings in my opinion. I heart heart MPREG!!! I'LL SHOUT IT TO THE HEAVENS!

random person: Shut up! (throws a howler at me)

howler: shut up, or i'll bite you!

AHHHH! I LOVE MPREG! ::u think i'm wierd don'tchya?:: sweatdrop
::runs away:: whee  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:04 am
Mwehehehe... whee I think sometimes, it's cute. I don't like some of it though, because it kinda destroys the storyline... But I don't mind it sometimes. And yeah, I got the mental piccie of Hermione carrying Draco and Harry's baby too.... eek Hahaha... maybe Ginny could do it instead....  

Second Banshee

possessed_godness

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:25 am
i never liked the idea of mpreg..reminds me of that schwarzenegger movie.. eek lol i don't like it because i can't imagine a male body pregnant..
but maybe if it fits in a good fic...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:47 pm
I haven't ever read any Mpreg fanfics, but I have read many a rant against it. Usually these go something along the lines of "just because there's magic, doesnt' mean that they can grow a uterus". I understand that angle; I love my ovaries and don't wanna share with stinky boys blaugh However, in all honesty, I would suppose it would depend on how it's written. I mean, isn't that how the whole slash business goes? You slowly become converted to every little perversion and fetish (I'm such a perv sad ... biggrin ). But hey, maybe I'm not all for no sharing; if they can have PMS and hormonal imbalence too that could be an entrance for me sweatdrop I do recall a story not of Mpreg, but of Remus and his "Pre-Moon Syndrome" complete with cramps, strange food cravings and "fat pants"...I believe it was Vampire-Queen-Akasha or something on ff.net 3nodding  

myriadborealis

jaded1004

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:14 am
gonk mpreg is slightly disturbing but really funny xp i think it goes best in humorous stories?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:04 pm
Personally, the first time I ever read it Draco was pregnant. This shocked me a little bit and it took a little time to get used to it. Once I did though, I found that I loved it and had a passion for it. I began to write and was warned that it was addicting and it is. I have written a few MPREG and I have to say that it is addicting and quite adorable. Yes they have c-sections and all of that and the magic creates a womb. I can understand why some people wouldn't like it.

But alot of the times and mostly in my case I/we make Harry pregant. This is probably because of the hormones he has to deal with in his life. At times I wonder is this even really believable in fiction? But then again i remind myself that it is in fact...fiction. some people can handle it and some people can't. It just depends on who you are I guess. *sigh* sweatdrop  

evy_writer

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cheerleader 200

bish diIIigaf

Wheezing Smoker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:54 pm
I honestly hate Mpreg. I wont read a fiction if it has it in it.

I just think it takes away the womens role.
Nature designed women to carry babies.
And I find it degrading that people imagine senarios where a male could conceive.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:24 pm
I notice that a lot of the people who say they don't like M-preg are saying that they don't like it because it's not possible. Well duh, that's why it's 'fiction' and not ' non-fiction'. it's not possible to fly around on a broom and cause all kind of things to happen with a little stick either, but nobody protests to that. I'm not saying that it's not ok the not like M-preg. Just find another reason besides 'it's not possible' because(except for AUs) in every HP fanfic most of the things that happen aren't possible.  

DrakeTaylor

MasterMorganGregoryDrake

7,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:57 pm
I love Mpreg. heart heart heart I love all of it, it's cute sure but it's hott too. My fave, parring is Severus and Harry heart heart but I also love Draco and Harry and Lucius and Harry. heart I was never freaked out by it. I first started to read it when I was readign Smallville slash and it didn't bother me there so it wasn't odd to find it in Harry Potter slash. I think it's awsome. My parents on the other hand... well lets just say that my mum doesn't like it but as long as she doesn't have to read it she don't care, my dad though doesn't even know that I read slash and never will! He just wouldn't get it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:38 pm
I really don't like mpreg, it just really squicks me. No matter how well a fic may or may not be written, I can't force myself to read it.

It's just...not my thing. gonk  

EmmaRaikou

Zetsuki

Dapper Gekko

16,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:47 pm
MochaFlavoredPencil
I like it. I don't go out of my way to read it, but I still will if one comes up.

@HK 1. Use your imagination ^_^
2. They usually have a c-section.
3. Wheres the fun in adopting a kid if you have can use magic?

Whenever I read mpreg fics I just numb my mind to logic.

I totally agree with you! And it's just so CUTE! 4laugh
I mean just the images in my head when i read something like:
Harry waddled in to the room and practically fell onto the couch with a groan.
biggrin It's just so adorable! And for those who don't like it, It's MAGIC it's not meant to make sense. xp  
HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff