Twilight?
  Yes
  No
  What the stars? I see them every night
View Results

Aspen Kitten

Distinct Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:45 pm
You poor child. -pets- You have no clue what your missing by not finishing it.

Maybe you should join the guild? *points to siggy* It'll help... somehow.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:05 am
I read Twilight in grade 9 and thought it was pretty good. It had its faults, but all in all it was very well written. The only huge problem with the book was- and this is just my personal opinion, it has nothing to do with the writing- I couldn't STAND Bella. She drove me crazy, I hated her so much. She was such a...a...PERFECT damsel-in-distress. She was so little and fragile and clumsy and was ALWAYS getting into life threatening situations so that Edward could come to her rescue, being the big strong man that he is. rolleyes She is pathetic. When my friend lent me New Moon and told me Edward leaves after the first 70 pages or so and doesn't come back until the end, I could only get through about 50 pages of it. I was NOT going to read 400 some-odd pages of Bella's bitching and moaning about how much she misses Edward and how much she wants to die and her flirting with Jacob. She was intolerable enough as it is. I might try it again, but probably not. I'm just going to wait until Midnight Sun comes out. Midnight Sun is a book with Edward's perspective, which is MUCH more interesting than Bella's shallow, simple-minded one. Rumour says it will comes out in 2 years or so. If you want an excerpt of the first chapter, just contact Jasu_tiin and she'll give you the link. She is THE BIGGEST Twilight/New Moon fangirl on the planet. No joke. So if any of you need someone to talk about Twilight with, just send her a friend request. Say you're a Twilight fan, and she'll accept you immediately. Garaunteed. Check out her profile, it's COMPLETELY dedicated to Twilight, especially Edward. biggrin  

portofships

januaryfreeze92

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:16 pm
I AM SO OBSESSED WITH THIS BOOK, YOU HAVE NO IDEA. JOIN THEGUILD. NOW. SERIOUSLY, DO IT. Lol. VVV look at sig, I roleplay Alice!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:59 pm
I love this book and right now im planning to read the second book  

firedragon234

ValHallaGirl

Kitten

12,450 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:15 pm
i know there is going to be a third book but ive heard tht there might be a 4th ? have any of you heard abt tht?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:20 pm
Alyah
I've read it all - actually, I'm re-reading it again right now. biggrin

burning_sakura has it almost right - no wolves though, my dear.

She falls in love with Edward, who happens to be a Vampire, but despite all the things he tells her, she isn't remotely afraid. She's actually intrigued. He loves her and she loves him, but he has to fight to resist the urge to kill her, because he was first attracted to her smell.

It isn't all that scary... maybe a little at the end, when she's being hunted, but it's more just a beautiful story about beating the odds over obstacles. It's truly amazing and she has two more books coming out, which follows the story.

I highly recommend it, because you can resist a sexy, sparkling Vampire who owns an GREAT car and runs faster then superman? No one. lol

There are wolves though...but the author didn't plan on them.  

Werewolf Garnet

Werewolf Garnet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:38 pm
Lady_Sara
i know there is going to be a third book but ive heard tht there might be a 4th ? have any of you heard abt tht?

I think the fourth book is Breaking Dawn. But yes, there are at least going to be four according to Stephenie Meyer.

I can't wait! There might actually be five if she gets Midnight Sun published. That'd be cool.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:17 pm
I've read Twilight and its sequel New Moon Umpteen times and it NEVER gets old.... Just like Edward lol
Sorry couldn't resist... rolleyes  

Ignorance Xx is xX Bliss

Twilights_dawn13

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:01 pm
I heart LOVE heart Edward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:22 pm
Its an awesome series! Definitely a good read!  

Nakashima Yumi

giz666

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:08 am
i just finished reading it but i loved it...i can't wait to buy the second one biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:00 am
I've read this book and I really liked it! heehee one of my favorites!  

Iana_Rosterbom

Dapper Genius

Iana_Rosterbom

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:02 am
sorry I just had to post this.... if you want to stay updated on Stephenie Meyer's book... visit her official site...

Stephenie Meyer's Official Website  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:51 pm
Personally, I think Twilight was better than New Moon simply because Bella did do a lot of moaning and then I hated how she reacted with right after they met with the Voltori!

I'm waiting for Eclipse to come out, but especially Midnight Sun!

Silver Shadow Sinner

MyLadyMandy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:50 pm
By Stephenie Meyer? I have, actually, and I've been meaning to go get the second one for awhile, now. I saw almost EVERY other kid carting that book around near the end of the school year, so I'd assume either it's quite popular, or it was the Book Club's project at the time. sweatdrop

Pretty good book, in my opinion. I'm not much into vampires, but it was an interesting read. biggrin  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff