Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Have you ever shown yaoi to one of your trusted loved ones? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Radioactive_Woman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:54 pm
I told my mom, and she just said 'whatever makes you happy,' so no sharing there...

My best friend and I kvetch and discuss yaoi/bl/shounen-ai pairings and such a fair bit, and I also discuss it with friends at school. Other than that, and everyone here in the guild, I don't really share. P:  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:58 pm
Well when i was reading a BL book at school and my best friend takes it from my hand and says "I wanna read it!" i tell her it wouldn't be something she would like and the next day she hands it back to me and walks away slowly.Funny thing,the next one i got she was eager to read.

My mom knows and doesn't really pay much attention.  

Niko Narshe

Rich Wife

Collared Assassin

Generous Flatterer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:37 pm

Well, no the only other person who knows I like Yaoi is my friend Peppermeek sweatdrop
(who i know on here and real life whee )...
I dont think...No. I DEFIANTLY wouldn't tell this to my parents.... stressed
...they would start to judge me before I even had a chance to explain to them why I like it... scream

I think I would be to shy to tell most of my friends redface ...
even though I could care less what they think about my hobbies. stare
My boyfriend maybe sweatdrop ...but not the part about me think about him with some other guy redface ...
I think ill keep that shhh' shh' business 3nodding 4laugh ..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:39 pm
my gay friend, who loved it
my friend who is a girl who rolls her eyes at me
but never my family. they'd freak if they found out i was looking at stuff like that and they'd kill me if they found out i was bi (homophobes)  

VampuricWerewolf

Dangerous Lunatic

msangelicdemon rolled 15 8-sided dice: 4, 6, 5, 3, 7, 3, 5, 2, 7, 4, 1, 5, 8, 8, 5 Total: 73 (15-120)

msangelicdemon

Dangerous Hunter

4,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:38 pm
I have Gay friends who have bought me yaoi for my birthday and have actually read them to my mom, im bi and I knew she was cool with it ^^ lol Im just not alloweed to let my 6 year old brother see it. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:14 pm
My younger brother once came up to me and peeked at my laptop when I was playing Togainu no Chi. I was at the screwdriver scene in Keisuke's route and my brother was all "WTF?!" Lol.  

madluv

Liberal Browser

3,050 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200

anime_wiccan_chick

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:14 pm
My parents accidentally bought me yaoi.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:16 pm
I've shown a good portion to my friends and they got more into Yuri because of it, some of my other friends know and mention it in front if my parents. I don't think they quite caught on but they have an idea I think.  

SungJewel

Magnetic Hunter

8,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Befriended 100

Chex4nothing Muleing4free

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:16 pm
Long story short. Was watching an anime (long ago) where I didn't realize what the characters meant by "partners" (They work together how was I suppose to know?!). Little brother came in to watch with me and well... lucky he thought one of the dudes was a chick.

....buuuutttt....

He later want though some other anime and well... yaaa....
This lead to him demand I separate the anime from 'watchable' and 'un-watchable'. I still found it funny...

Had the 'un-watchable' pile in front of me and was talking to him when he started making this face. I look down to see I was holding Trigun. I quickly put it in the 'watchable' pile and he glared at me. He says it wasn't funny but I thought it was. xp

Some days later my mom came asking about gay men and in a serious conversion I told her how two men have sex. Only when she left did I realized how strange it was.
You know to have a normal sit down about a 'strange conversion to have with a parent'.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:48 pm
I showed my fiance and it turns out he likes it just as much as I do. When I was first introduced to yaoi, my younger sister would read it with me and she still watches a lot of the newer ones with me. My dad found my yaoi manga stash by accident, was an embarrassing conversation, but other than that all was well.  

YuriLovesDairu

Conservative Shopper

11,850 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Streaker 200

xoAniLuv

Dangerous Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:43 pm
My three best friends know and are cool with it, which I greatly appreciate. My family is conservative, and I often debate with them over gay marriage and whatnot (even though my state has legalized it a while ago). The only person I think I could share it with (maybe one day), is my mother, because she's not nearly as conservative as the rest of my family.  
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:05 pm
I showed my male best friend it. He doesn't like it but he's fine with it once he gets over the shock.  

Crimson Fallen Angel

Dangerous Phantom

Rigze

Questionable Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:21 pm
My sister likes to play yaoi VNs with me sometimes. Otherwise no, no one shall know of this unless they bring it up to me first. :v  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:43 pm
Not really. But I did watch all of gravitation with my husband. Does that count?  

fox in a kitty suit

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces