Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Traditional Art
Traditional artists, unite! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you a traditional artist?
  Yea
  Nay
View Results

learly

Shirtless Friend

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:58 pm
im a traditional artist all the way... i have tried and tried to do digital art.... but it doesn't like me -w- i stick with pencil paper and colored pencils they're my besties ;D  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:28 pm
I'm a traditional artist because I don't have the software to be a digital one! gonk I would love to be a digital artist but you know its kinda hard sweatdrop
so i'll just stick with what i'm best at.... going tradtional wink  

MeenahMina

4,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

2Bpencil

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:08 pm
I'm a traditional artist only. I mess around with digital art sometimes but I'm no good at it and I'm not really motivated to learn.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:16 pm
Is it okay if I do traditional and digital? xD  

Rhythm Pocky

Pandiecakes
Captain

Timid Healer

14,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:33 pm
I am both. I love to do digital art as there is an unlimited "supply" of color and canvas, but since I am an art student I've had no choice but to flex my artistic muscles with the traditional media as well. I've found that I love working with my bare hands to create art.

So I can honestly say I don't prefer one over the other these days.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:06 am
Digital art begins with traditional. You just have to practice harder with the digital XDDD
I'm really actually both though o_o (Half of a picture is digital half traditional O_O)

Digital takes longer though >: O It's harder to color in between the lines : [  

AbsentWhite

Mrs.BonJovi

33,325 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:25 pm
I am most definitely a traditional artist. I've delved abit into digital art with no success. I'll stick to my paint brushes. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:44 am
I've been fortunate to have the opportunity to work with a few digital art programs, but I have to say that I much prefer working with traditional media. There's something more satisfying to me about feeling the vibrations of a brush against paper or canvas, and seeing the colors of paint swirl together when mixing them. Besides that, it feels like more of me can go in to a traditional piece rather than having the computer manipulate and control everything.

All that, and I just get antsy sitting in front of a computer for more than a little while at a time. While I love seeing what digital artists have been able to come up with, I have a personal preference against most technology.

Knocturne
I'm more of a digital artist because it's cheaper. I don't like buying paints and canvases and what not. I still draw with pen, pencil and paper every once in a while but digital work is just simpler and I can do it anywhere.

I guess in the long run you could say it's cheaper, but it's just so much harder for me to shell out that enormous chunk of money to initially purchase the programs rather than pay for paints and supplies in small bits as they are needed.  

Glitchness

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Hygienic 200

Glitchness

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:47 am
AbsentWhite
Digital art begins with traditional. You just have to practice harder with the digital XDDD
I'm really actually both though o_o (Half of a picture is digital half traditional O_O)

Digital takes longer though >: O It's harder to color in between the lines : [

At first I was incredibly slow when it came to working digitally, but once I got used to how things worked and felt, I found that I could crank out a more precise piece in less time than painting it would have taken. It's really, like you said, and with any medium, about practice.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:46 pm
I use mostly watercolor paints, and some acrylic paints. Also do pencil art.
I have a tablet but don't use it. Crazy I know, I payd money for the darn thing but don't use it. I actually prefer traditinal art.  

NuSith

Versatile Lunatic

14,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100

Philip-27

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:01 am
Out of traditional and digital art, I guess I'm better at traditional methods.

Nowadays, I'm kinda turning into a 'tradigital' artist where I use traditional methods of drawing while using the computer to colour them (because Copic Markers are sort of expensive sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:21 am
I am a traditional artist but I also do digital art too. Truthfully I prefer traditional because I am always satisfied with it when it's completed. When I do digital, I feel like the art is only half mine; Like I haven't given it it's soul, it's just an empty shell with an artificial personality.

RockabillyBabe101

ocean waves 1

2,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:49 pm
Honestly I have like no idea where to start with digital art sweatdrop Like you guys are like "Tablet! bla bla Adobe stuff..." Im lost. I <3 traditional it's the only kind I've ever done soo sweatdrop Well anyway I don't even feel right judging or critiquing because I don't know where the line is between "artist" and "not" (and I don't know where I am on that) but I do have a love for art heart Thats all that really matters, right?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:00 pm
I'm mainly a traditional artist. I can work digitally, but nothing beats being able to do the art by hand, smudging for shading, using tortillions, and learning to not make mistakes that can be fixed with an undo button.  

Anilemy

Balletjen

Fashionable Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:34 pm
I do traditional art currently. I'm trying to get a wacom, but I'll still keep doing traditional art when I get one.

Its like the digital world has consumed everything, including art.  
Traditional Art

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff