Gin
  Vermouth
  Beer
  Sambuka
  Other
View Results

-Lasciate Ogni Speranza-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:48 pm
Both my parents drink, but my mother used to abuse alcohol a lot, but since my grandmother moved in with us and my parents got divorced, my mother hasn't gotten drunk once.

My parents fought physically and verbally mostly when my mom was drunk. I don't have many positive connotations with alcohol, so whenever I hear the other teens around bragging about how drunk they got over the weekend, I geniunely do not understand what they're proud of.

Most of the people I know have tried alcohol- underage or otherwise- and I'm getting increasingly curious. but I also want to avoid the junk as much as possible.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:36 pm
My father drinks and used to beat my mum and sister until my mum kicked him out (thank god). My mum is a barmaid so she's always taught us about safe drinking.  

Kohanna13

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:07 am
Well, as an ex-alcoholic... well I should say alcohol dependent as I still drink small amounts socially (a few beers with friends, that kind of thing). People say recovering from alcohol dependency is hard, no it isn't, all it takes is a few good friends, patience on yours and your friends part, and most of all willpower, its ok to remove temptation, but thats just removing the alcohol, the need is still there, the best thing to do is go dry for a couple of weeks, have friends round, no beer and don't go out (as in socially, obviously shopping and what not you can go out for) but don't go cold turkey, have 3 shots of whiskey or some spirit a day (never beer or ale) one shot with each meal, that helps your body cope with the sudden lack of alcohol. Over the next few weeks, lower it to 2 shots, one shot, then eventually nothing. When your comfortable in yourself, go out with your friends, socially, have one or two for them drinking and you and the rest on soft drinks. eventually this number will increase, until only you are on soft drinks. Again, when you are comfortable in that environment, and in yourself, drink... moderately, limit yourself to either 2 shots of spirits or 3 beers a night, then switch to soft drinks. the best way to do this is to get your friends to go the bar for you. Eventually it becomes habit thats your drinking pattern and you can drink on your own.

I was an alcoholic from 15 until I was 18, 3 years of hell, I didn't like it, and before you start... when I was 15 I had a beard... a full beard so I never got ID'd, but I got my life back on track. And thats my guide to recovering from alcohol dependency.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:10 am
My father is an ex-alcoholic and my brother is on the way to become one.
Ok, I'm conerned from my brother, but I'm concerned more about my father's attitude to drink in our household. My mother takes a drink or two sometimes and so do I, but when we do so, my father always start to bitching (sorry, couldn't find any better word for that) around because of that. I mean, his attitude to drinking is really negative and it's really a hell up here, when my brother have been parting with his friends and arrives home for sleeping. :l

[brainvomit]

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:32 pm
Rellik San
Well, as an ex-alcoholic... well I should say alcohol dependent as I still drink small amounts socially (a few beers with friends, that kind of thing). People say recovering from alcohol dependency is hard, no it isn't, all it takes is a few good friends, patience on yours and your friends part, and most of all willpower, its ok to remove temptation, but thats just removing the alcohol, the need is still there, the best thing to do is go dry for a couple of weeks, have friends round, no beer and don't go out (as in socially, obviously shopping and what not you can go out for) but don't go cold turkey, have 3 shots of whiskey or some spirit a day (never beer or ale) one shot with each meal, that helps your body cope with the sudden lack of alcohol. Over the next few weeks, lower it to 2 shots, one shot, then eventually nothing. When your comfortable in yourself, go out with your friends, socially, have one or two for them drinking and you and the rest on soft drinks. eventually this number will increase, until only you are on soft drinks. Again, when you are comfortable in that environment, and in yourself, drink... moderately, limit yourself to either 2 shots of spirits or 3 beers a night, then switch to soft drinks. the best way to do this is to get your friends to go the bar for you. Eventually it becomes habit thats your drinking pattern and you can drink on your own.

I was an alcoholic from 15 until I was 18, 3 years of hell, I didn't like it, and before you start... when I was 15 I had a beard... a full beard so I never got ID'd, but I got my life back on track. And thats my guide to recovering from alcohol dependency.

Recovering from real alcoholism does not and never will include having shots of anything.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:35 pm
spooky_sez
Rellik San

Recovering from real alcoholism does not and never will include having shots of anything.

So you think going cold turkey would have a better effect then weening yourself off of alcohol?

Despite studies proving otherwise.  

Rellik San
Crew

metalfandragula

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:41 pm
Started drinking when I was 13, though I quit recently. I never drank often, though drank a lot when I did. I was always able to handle myself till the last time. Southern Comfort was my drink of choice. I am meant to smoke marijuana, not drink. I feel more comfortable, more concentrated and focused, and at least I don't run the chance of ODing, since it is imposssible to on marijuana.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:05 pm
I have a few friends whose parents are alcoholics. If their parents come home violent and crazy I let the friend come to my place. Everyone ends up at my house sometime or another....People always end up here but I never end up anywhere. I'm stuck on a path of sanity deterioration.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

AdrianaKitten

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:36 pm
My father was a violent, depressed, roll-around-on-the-floor-with-a-gun achoholic at one point though since then he's just a depressed man but anyway...I don't think very highly of alchoholics. An alchoholic, in my opinion, is someone who has an alchohol addiction that ruins their life and I can't see someone like that being very productive for themselves or anyone else who might depend on them. (family, friends, job, etc.)
I want to say I feel bad for them but it's difficult seeing how they did not choose this life for themselves most of the time. neutral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:35 pm
My dad is the worse Alchoholic any one of my friends or family members have ever seen. He took off two weeks of work to drink. He's threatened to kill me and my mom, and has threatened to burn down the house with us locked inside. He'll never go to work, he's even faked heart attacks to get out of work. He has used me to pity him ever since I was 6. One Christmas Eve, he cornered me in a room while my mom was taking a shower and started talking at me about what blood tasted like and what it was like to vomit it up. He once cornered my cousin when she was 14 out in the car, she didn't know who he was, he was drunk, and she was scared to death. He did the same thing to my friends several times. He's stolen money from me, my mom, his brother, and his own mother while she was alive. He pawned both his and my mothers wedding rings, the van, (he stole and pawned) her jewerly, the shotvac my grandma gave us, the lawn mower, and alot of other things. When he gets angry, he breaks things and goes crazy. He is currently about to go to court for domestic violence and public drunkeness against my mom, because he was threatening to hurt us and when we wouldn't call 911, he went up to the police station and said "I'm gonna kill that b***h". He did this thinking he would spend one night in jail and not have to go to work, HE WOULD RATHER BE IN JAIL THAN GO TO HIS GOOD PAYING JOB where he could easily make 70 k a year if he would just go. BUT, he wants ME (I'm 16) to get a job and SUPPORT him, and he holds it against me and my mom that we don't. But if we did, he would never go back to work.

My mom is a decent Christian woman, who has always been a wonderful involved mom and has always spent every cent she got on me, family or friends in need, or charity. She never spends on herself. She is an animal rights activist, too, and she doesn't eat red meat. She's bought some of my less fortunate friend's school clothes even. When we are 2 house payments behind, she'll go ahead and find the money to help a family member pay their bills. She can go kinda crazy at times... but after everything she's put up with, and what she still has to handle, I can't fully blame her... even if I'm the only one around usually for her to take it out on. Also, she has never cheated on him, dressed suggestively, drank, gone out with friends, or anything else.

My boyfriend is hispanic, and my dad would say racist things about him all the time. I've been dating this guy for a year and nine months now. My dad has done drugs. I am a size 12, and he calls me fat, and my mom, although she is very pretty and I've seen alot of guys hit on her.

Around last Christmas, I saved up my money and got a skirt from Retroscope Fashions, the white and black spider lolita skirt. The first day I wore it, there was a terrible blizard. I was wearing that skirt, platform shoes, a black blouse, and my mom's coat without a hood. I waited for over 2 hours for him, and he never came. Although he left about 30 minutes before my bus was due to drop me off, saying he was leaving to get me. It was freezing outside, and before it rained some. I had to walk home, slipping on ice everywhere, and getting soaked by cars driving by puddles in the street, and freezing cold with my legs soaked all the way home.

Once, he passed out drunk when we went to Walgreens. I went inside for maybe 5 minutes, came out, he was passed out in the car. I had to go to dillions, call a taxi which never came (I waited for hours), and then my mom had to force him calling him frantically to get the car home so she could come and pick me up. It also sucked because I was dressed up a bit that day, and everyone kept stareing at me and even being a bit nervous about going into the store... a girl who worked there who knew me was really kind and let me use their phone and sit down, and comforted me because I was a bit upset.

And this is only about .5% of everything he's done.

As you can tell, I don't have a reason to think anything but the worst of Alchoholics. If you ask me, they are self-pitying losers who can't even face basic reality. They ruin the lives of people around them, and could care less.
I've known a few that are actually real men, that go to work and take care of their families... and to those, I have no issue, because at least they do what they are suppose to do.  

Angel of the End

Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces