Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Potions [Lesson 4 up; due June 4th!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DownAzzLette

12,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:14 pm
User Image

Looks up as James calls my name and walks over. Listens to what he says. Well you could make a few different things. It all just depends on how you prepare it. See you could make a mild poison, a rash salve, you could make it were some one has temporary blindness, or it could turn into and explosive potion. Looks at James. You know like bottle it in a vial and throw it. It'll explode as it hits the ground. But it won't harm the person. Well except for their ears and make them jump because of the sound. There are other things but i figured you'd want to know those more than the others.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:23 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
You might belong in Gryffindor, where dwell the brave at heart...
Kaylin rushed into the potions room, hoping she wasn't late.
After glancing at the lesson, she opened her book to the correct page. Kaylin collected the right ingredients, but didn't realize she forgot the mint. After quickly reading the mixing instructions (conveniantly missing the mint directions,) she rushed through creating her potion, mixing up the steps. By the time she poured a little vial of it, she realized her potion shouldn't be such a weird yellow color. Blushing a bit, she turned in her failed attempt at a Wiggenweld Potion.
...Their Daring, Nerve, and Chivalry set gryffindor apart.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

kstar13

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:09 am

"thx kamilia i like the fake explosion one i heard on a muggle song by icp those lyrics and thought can a real potion be made from it so i thought i would ask you since i know your better than me at potions"

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:24 am
((new lesson is up, and I believe 'tis awesome.))  

Hyper Nerds Eat Cookies

DownAzzLette

12,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:45 pm
User Image

Looks at James! No problem at all James! I didn't know you listen to ICP too. The song your talking about is Southwest Voodoo from The Great Milenko cd correct?

Listens to the Professors lesson, takes notes and copies homework. Once done gets up and walks up to the Cauldron. Smells it for a moment before saying I smell citrus, rain, spearmint, and some kind of musk.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:53 am

" yeah thats the cd i was listening to and i listen to lots of things from disturbed to godsmack to icp to usher to lil jon to korn to 3 days grace to 3 doors down almost any thing besides country and blues and similar stuffs"
*works on home work*
*gets up smells the air coming from the cauldron*
"i smell fresh pine air rain water the smell before a storm and knowledge and arcane smells "

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

DownAzzLette

12,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:20 pm
User Image

Nods head! Yeah i can understand that! I like alot of versitile music myself.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:45 pm
User Image Andrew wanders up to the potion and smells roses, Lavander and lilacs, the smell of the first Spring rain and the vibrant smell of a flowering rosemary bush.  

Oshenukhar

The_9th_Doctors_Rose

Doting Sweetheart

12,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:55 am
User Image

Rose steps up to the Amortentia. As she smells it she recognizes Lavender, Roses, Cologne, and Fresh Linen. She becomes quite unwilling to step away but shows some restraint and glides back to her seat.

(OOC: Wow I'm kinda weird lol)

Rose Avery - 2nd year Gryffindor
My wand: Holly, bendy, 11 1/2", phoenix feather

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:58 pm
{{LESSON 4 IS NOW UP!!!
IT IS DUE JUNE 4TH!!!}}

Hyper Nerds Eat Cookies

The_9th_Doctors_Rose

Doting Sweetheart

12,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:33 pm
User ImageRose stood in front of her cauldron and turned it on. She mentally made sure she had all the ingredients she needed while waiting for step one to complete itself, she smiled as it turned red. A few moments later it turned green. She picked up the vial of Flubberworm mucus and stirred it in slowly until the potion turned pink. After a bit more heating it turned orange, a few nettles and it was back to green. More heating and it turned blue.
"Wow,this potion sure has a lot of colors..." Rose thought wistfully as she mixed in the crushed snake fang. Being careful not to burn herself she removed her cauldron from the heat. Preparing for the next step she grabbed her container of porcupine quills. She dropped them in one at a time until the potion turned orange. She then grabbed the vial of stewed horned slugs. "Ew," she thought to herself "definitely not one of my favorite ingredients." She poured them in slowly and watched as it turned to a beautiful hue of turquoise. Picking it up gently, she placed it back on the fire. She watched as it finally turned a pretty odd shade of pink. Grabbing a large vial she poured the potion into it, labeled it with her name, and placed in the holder on the Professor's desk. She the sat down with a sigh.
Rose Avery - Proud Gryffindor
My wand: Holly, bendy, 11 1/2", phoenix feather

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:50 am
User Image

Walks into class and takes a seat. Pulls out notebook and quill. Takes down notes and homework before getting up and setting cauldron. Then pulls out a wodden box with Celtic designs and a Cauldron on it. Opens it up and pulls out Ginger Roots, Armadillo Bile, and grounded Scarab Beetle. Fills cauldron up with 2 3/4 cups of water. Mixes in Ginger Root until it turns Lime Green. Mixes in Armadillo Bile until it turns blue. Mixes in grounded scarab beetles until it is red. Remixes Armadillo Bile until it turns from red to yellow . Remixes Ginger Root until it turns back Lime Green. Mix Armadillo Bile until it turns Purple. Lets it stand for 10 minutes before ladling it in vial. Labels Potion and brings to the Professors desk. Then goes to clean up area.

DownAzzLette

12,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Hyper Nerds Eat Cookies

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:28 pm
Now, people, I have a Final for you, and that's pretty much it from Potions this term.

For Class One:

Quote:
1.) What is a love potion?
2.) What is the effect of a Wiggenweld Potion?
3.) Way back in the 1800s, who invented several types of love potions?
4.) Who did Merope Gaunt give a love potion?
5.) Name ten ingredients to make a Wiggenweld Potion.
6.) What is a philter?
7.) What is a poison?
8.) What is the difference between a draught and a draft?
9.) Which shop in 1996 sold "a whole range of love potions"?
10.) What kind of potion is the Boil-Cure Potion, also known as Cure for Boils?
11.) What happens when you don't take the cauldron off the fire before you add porcupine quills?
12.) Name the five ingredients to make a Boil-Cure Potion.
13.) What are love potions commonly made with?
14.) How does the duration of a love potion vary?
15.) What happens when you take a love potion antidote?

Class Two
Quote:
1.) What is the effect of a Wit-Sharpening Potion?
2.) What is the appearance of Amortentia?
3.) Where is an example of when the Draught of Living Death may have been used?
4.) What do you change if you want the Draught of Living Death to have a stronger effect?
5.) Name the ingredients to make a Wit-Sharpening Potion.
6.) What does Amortentia smell like?
7.) What could Hermione Granger/Weasley smell from the Amortentia?
8.) What is Amortentia?
9.) What does the Draught of Living Death do?
10.) What type of potion is the Draught of Living Death?
11.) How long do you let the Wit-Sharpening Potion stand until it is ready?
12.) Finish this sentence: "...You may seem smart at one point, then if you run out and aren't able to make any more of it, you could seem like --"
13.) Severus Snape said, "Potions can bewitch the mind, ensnare the senses, and even put a stopper in death." Based off your (hopefully awesome) experience in Potions, do you think this is true? Why or why not?
14.) Name one example of a Philter or Poison.

techpriest35 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:51 pm
*pulls out .scarab beetles ginger root armadillo bile and water*
*pulls out grinder*
*grinds beetles*
*fills cauldron with water*
adds ginger root*
mixture barely turns a lime green*

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
techpriest35 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:55 pm
*adds 1 portion of armadillo bile *
*stirs till the potion cahnges to a yellow color
"crap what did i do wrong thats the opposite of what its supposed to be??? kamilia do you think you can tell me what will happen if i continue?"

Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff