Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Divination{Closed} Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Oshenukhar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:49 am
User Image
"There is only today and tomorrow to sign up for this class, Hogwarts Students Please do so if you have not already and wish to take Divinations. Early Sorted students will be accepted with no penalty." Professor Deciphyr announce out the door of her classroom, hoping there would be a Hufflepuff in their ranks. She has all the other houses it is just sad for the Hufflepuff to miss out on this opportunity.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:39 pm
Character Name : Sarah-Jane Johnson
Character House : hufflepuff
Character Year : 3rd now, I believe

meree

Oshenukhar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:54 pm
User Image
"I am so glad to see at least one Hufflepuff feels the inner eye is worthy of her time." Professor Deciphyr said as Sarah-Jane, signed up for the class"Now, at least the fates of all the houses here at Hogwarts are not left to no one to know about it. At least one student is here to inform their house of any news for their ranks. " Professor Deciphyr was happy that it was not going to be a year of missed information. She took the final sip of her Earl Grey Cream tea and set the cup upside down on the saucer. Delving into her hand bag she with drew he quill and added Sarah-Jane Johnson to the roster. After doing so she felt and urge to read her tea leaves in the cup. She flipped over the cup and read the leaves. " Oh dear, this is not good, not good at all,the leaves say that one of my students with a letter 'e', 'a' or 'i' in their name will be changed over the term and it may not come out good." Delilah placed the cup down and began to meditate to relax herself. The thoughts of the student who would be informed halfway through the term about who they are and has an 'e', 'a' or 'i' in their name floated from her mind and she delved deeper and deeper into her meditation. After 20 minutes she came out of meditation relaxed and ready to commence her classes tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:16 am
User Image

Professor Deciphyr looked around the class and then cast a charm to announce that Lesson 1 is Up, she then went back to work on her lesson plans waiting in the classroom to answer any questions her student may have.
The charm causes a celestial sounding voice announce in the North Tower that "Divinations Lesson 1 is up." while making the words appear in teal Cursive writing just outside the door of the classroom.

Oshenukhar

aramaa

Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:18 pm
Last sign ups are today right? Then it's alright for me, too?

Character Name: Helen
Character House: Hufflepuff
Character Year: 7th

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:56 pm
User Image Freddy entered the north tower to see Professor Deciphyr working at her desk with the lesson on the black board. Celtic Tree Signs, was the lesson "this is going to be interesting," Freddy said to himself, and he read the lesson. He began to take notes on the subject, upon completion he read and did the in-class assignment
What are the traits shared by sacred trees?
Unusual size, beauty, the materials they provided, their unique physical characteristics, or simply the power of the tree's spirit.

freddydursley

DownAzzLette

12,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:36 am
User Image

Kamalia-Mingan walks into the class and takes a seat. Writes down the Lesson and once realizing what it is looks up to double check and then smiles. Something Celtic, my favorite thing to learn about. Then begins on classwork by pulling out a sheet of parchment and writing.

Quote:

For those that are believed to be "sacred" shared certain traits of unusual size, beauty, the materials they provided, their unique physical characteristics, or simply the power of the tree's spirit, could grant it a central place in the folklore and mythology of a culture.

Once done writing it out gets up and brings it the Professor before taking my seat again.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:52 am

((ooc if your doing celtic stuff you better not misinterpet any of it cause i dont like having my heritage being misused that site with the tree signs is very vague and not nearly as defined as many of the true tree signs))
*writes on a piece of paper*
Unusual size, beauty, the materials they provided, their unique physical characteristics, or simply the power of the tree's spirit, could grant it a central place in the folklore and mythology of a culture.

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

Oshenukhar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:49 pm
User Image

{{OOC: I am terribly sorry that you feel this is incorrect but as a practicioner of the Pagan religion who follows the teachings of Christopher Penczak, I believe these to be true, the interpretations and information I take from his sight are what I believe and yes they are not 100% ancient celtic or even modern celtic correct there are very VERY few people alive that know the true celtic beliefs for they have morphed and changed over the years and taken influences from all of Europe. If you are unhappy with the lesson and wish to drop the course if you pm me before 4-8-10, stating you wish to do so, you may without a penalty. }} "Very nice work students" Professor Deciphyr said as she read the few assingments that have been turned in.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:28 pm
Endria walks in into the classroom wondering is she wasn't too late.She sights other students in the classroom already but not as many as she thought would be.She quickly sits down in the nearest table to the door trying not o make so much noise.Endria reads today's lesson and takes out a peace of paper,her feathered pen,and begins writing what she was asked to do.

The traits that are shared by the sacred trees are:
-An unusual size
-Their beauty
-The things they provide to use
-Some specific characteristics
-Their spiritual power

When she finished she went to the professor and handed in her work.She then went back to the table she was sitting and began reading Celtic tree signs.

x_EnDrIa_x

8,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Beta Citizen 0

Oshenukhar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:18 pm
User Image

"students divinations reminder sent out for those of you who have yet to complete the assignments" Professor Deciphyr Said as she walked around the class room ready to answer questions.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:15 pm
There was a strange odor that hung in the room. Not the bad kind, but the kind that made people sleepy, which was exactly how Helen was feeling. Sitting in the back didn't make things any easier to stay awake. But deciding it was more practical to do the assignment first and then fall asleep, she sat up and got to work.

While these trees accommodate for mundane things such as fuel for heat, cooking, building materials and weaponry, it also provides a powerful spiritual presence.The trees share unusual size, beauty, and certain materials. Their unique physical characteristics, or even just the tree's spirit's powers, could grant it a central place in the folklore and mythology of a culture

aramaa

Wizard

Oshenukhar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:39 pm
User Image

Professor Deciphyr continued to wander her class room as students worked on assignments, thinking that she does not want to take points for students not completing the assignments but as a professor it is her job.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:55 pm
Crystal comes in and takes a seat, a bit flustered and worried that she might be late. She reads the lesson and pulls out a roll of parchment and a quill. She writes:

What traits are shared by sacred trees?
Unusual size, beauty, the materials they provide, unique characteristics, or the power of the tree's spirit.

When finished, she hands it to the professor and takes her seat again.

Crystal Of Quills

Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces