Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:42 pm
Kali had to will herself to not roll her eyes, he was trying to be helpful, she got that, even if he was right now at least a little irritating for it. Honestly she wasn't wanting to think about such things right now, however sadly ignoring it wouldn't put anything on hold. It took some restraint to fold herself on the floor instead of pace, but she had some self control even if it rarely showed around people. She even took a breath to attempt to calm her nerves, not that it did much to help.

"We would annoy each other to death." Alright maybe not exactly, he'd annoy her to death, she was figuring he was harder to get as annoyed as she could. Still it was a fact she felt the need to point out if he was serious about this whole teacher-student thing, and honestly no one else was going to offer.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:07 pm
"Duh." Unlike Kalika, Duncan didn't refrain from rolling his own eyes. Thinking about students he had trained in the past -- the stubborn rebels, the scared and insecure youths, the arrogant cockerels...

Michelle Webster's memory came unbidden -- a pre-Immortal he had watched over since she had been adopted as an infant, befriending her parents so he could keep an eye on her. She had died way too young. Her temperament had been vastly different from Kali's, but she had been a handful nonetheless. Enough for Duncan to eventually turn her training over to Amanda.

Amanda would kill him if he tried that again...

"Unless you and I can figure something else out," he sighed, "we're sort of stuck with each other. For the time being."  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:16 pm
"Ah, I can see this now, somehow we don't drive each other to death and some poor soul asks how in the world I got Duncan MacLeod to agree to be my teacher and their look of utter confusion when I answer, that'll be great." Well she sounded amused at any rate just thinking about it, gotta find bright sides every once and a while.

Still she ended up sighing a moment later, somehow the amusement just didn't last that long. "Okay, so we're stuck, yay, does that mean Adam's gonna laugh at you?"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:20 pm
That got Duncan to laugh out loud, the picture Kali painted was entirely too accurate. After he sobered slightly, he nodded.

"Adam will never let me live it down," he lamented. "I think you spook him more than a little."

Running with a psycho like Kronos has to have left some mental marks, he thought, with a twinge of sympathy for his acerbic friend.  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:53 pm
"Yes because I'm that spooky." Her tone more than a little dry there, she didn't have anything against Adam, hey he'd talk her to in a civil way, and it was him who convinced her to go back to collage. Didn't mean she understood how on earth she spooked someone(or rather someone immortal), much less given the most she would have ever done was shoot him, and he'd pick himself back up eventually.

"I will make it my goal to live freaking forever just to annoy him." So a strange goal, making her pause, "Okay more like annoy everyone, can't make them feel left out after all." Well if she was going to be immortal she was going to have some fun with it, besides she couldn't go and die and rob people of her lovely presence.

"And I really want to learn German." Added as an after thought, if she was making goals though might as well add that in as well, "It sounds creepy."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:01 pm
Duncan gave another heartfelt laugh. "Don't let me give you the wrong impression about Adam," he said. "He's just cautious. If he didn't like you, he wouldn't stick around when you show up."

He stroked the cat purring on his lap. "There's an excellent German language class at the university. I think you'll like it -- later you can as me how I was involved in the plot to kill Hitler, if you're interested."  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:17 pm
"Cautious is good." Was her first reply, she was great at cautious, in a violent way, might have to work on that a touch... was going to have to work on a lot of things now. Still had to blink at him on the rest, not really sure she was ever going to ask that, but nodded anyway.

Kali was silent a moment, glancing to the cat before shaking her head, not commenting on that again, instead going back a few topics. "How remote of places? For training, since I'll apparently have to drive." Which almost made her feel sorry for people, she was scary driving.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:49 pm
"I own an island," Duncan told her, "close to the Canadian border -- about 25 miles from here. It's Native American holy ground. It's a safe place to train. We can meet somewhere and drive up together when we go."  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:25 pm
His words got her to stare at him a moment in silence, "You own an island." It wasn't a question, though the ting of disbelief in her voice was shaken off quickly enough. "Alrighty then, why does anyone need an island?" That question had no point, but it kept her mind from other topics she wanted to avoid right this moment.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:10 pm
Duncan shrugged, mildly amused. "I'm almost 420 years old, and a thrifty Scot. It gives one a good perspective for planning for the future, and time to sock money away. I bought the island over 200 years ago, for whenever I need a safe place to stay. No Immortal can ever hunt there."  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:23 pm
"Yes but to buy a whole bloody island seems kind of pointless to me." Course part of herself was she'd think it boring, or lonely she supposed, while no she wasn't the nicest to people she still was normally found in active places. People were background noise to her, and she liked her background noise.

Kali ended up shaking her head, "I'll take heed of planing for years to come, need to look into a few things." After all wouldn't due to be broke after some time, she wouldn't fair well poor, while she wasn't use to money she didn't worry about it either.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:51 am
"We'll need to find a sword that suits you, too," Duncan said, thinking. "I have a few you can try out. Being an antiques dealer can come in handy sometimes."

It certainly worked out when you acquired the odd sword or two on occasion...  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:14 pm
"That's going to be all sorts of fun." She was only a touch sarcastic, but hey an honest excuse to carry another weapon and learn how to better use it, she wouldn't complain but too much. "I'm still gonna carry a gun." Just a warning, one that she figured went without saying but just in case, guns worked just fine against most of the world. "Oh, crap I gotta call Mat."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:30 pm
Mac looked at her uncomfortably. "I... don't mind that you carry a gun, but... the Game has rules, and guns are not part of them. You cannot use a gun in a challenge."

He felt uncomfortable, because there were evil Immortals who had and did cheat -- used guns, poison, teamed up with mortals... Methos used a gun for protection, but he had never seen him use it to give himself an advantage in a challenge.

Duncan MacLeod would not teach a cheat, if he knew about it.  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:34 pm
Now that got her to glare at him, "Really? Gesh you could think a little better of me you know." Even sounded a touch offended on that, "I was thinking more along the times of the normal people I piss off that would laugh at a sword, they tend to listen to me with a gun in hand that can put very big holes though them." Kali stood in a single motion, not really sure why other then she wasn't going to sit if he was going to say such things to her, which only led to her pacing, clearly annoyed now.

Highlander Roleplaying - Free Form

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff