Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Bad Yaoi Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Read Bad Yaoi
  yes
  no
View Results

blackfox7

1,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:08 am
I hate when is just sex, I like a good love story with lots of sweet and cute scenes.
I like papa to kiss in the dark but I think I must agree with you, the story isn't very good. But I like it cause it's cute. I hate! violent storys.
peace and love (most yaoi whee )  
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:57 pm
blackfox7
I hate when is just sex, I like a good love story with lots of sweet and cute scenes.
I like papa to kiss in the dark but I think I must agree with you, the story isn't very good. But I like it cause it's cute. I hate! violent storys.
peace and love (most yaoi whee )

lol im a guy. idk, i guess i dont have a problem with excessive sex xd

Insanity Dragonfly

@terix- A guy's nose missing? wow. But yeah, I find it a little annoying when the guys look like they's been made out of long, thin sticks. But what are you talking about "cliche for yaoi"? I see it in practically all minor-stream manga.

well yeah, partially. but, honestly, there are TONS more art styles of manga than the few they have in yoai. the stick figure thing is just popular with yaoi and shoujo. i mean, once you see bara (baragumi) you really get a taste of how anti-skinny a few manga artists can get.

BARA! heart ( lol another guy thing i guess)  

Terix_FM

2,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

flexistential crisis

Prophet

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 1:38 pm
I'm not a picky person when it comes to yaoi. So if I were to hate a certain yaoi series, it'd have to be REALLY BAD.

The one that I can instantly think about when I hear the phrase "bad yaoi" is Level C.

Oh god, the shitty art and plot, the uke's voice, and the INVISIBLE PENISES all made me wish I had never watched it.

gonk

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:51 pm
» Cast in the name of God, Ye not guilty. «

Hmm... Yeah in reality, depending on how picky you are, and how much you value a deep plot, there is a LOT of bad yaoi out there.

For me, I'd say... Gravitation, I ddin't really enjoy it. : Meh. Also Papa to Kiss In The Dark, Ugh, I've tried three, four times to watch it, but it's such a yawn that I can't get to it. I'm not picky though, if a yaoi has a good plot, I'm pleasantly surprised, but I don't really expect it.

What really gets me on yaoi is the art style though.

»We have come to terms.«

Labtech Abi

Friendly Pumpkin

8,975 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Terix_FM

2,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:56 pm
lol papa to kiss in the dark? i dont know if i took that one seriously enough to even consider it bad. i just laughed at it the whole time even though im pretty sure if i watch it again (when im not teetering over the line between sleep and again, drugged up on cold medicine) i wont find it funny anymore sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:47 am
I Stephanie I

Oh god, the shitty art and plot, the uke's voice, and the INVISIBLE PENISES all made me wish I had never watched it.

gonk
User Image"Seriousness is the refuge of the shallow."

Haha yeees!Me and one of my friends did this commentary to that (and lots of other bl animes, I wish I still had the files) and we were like "RETURN OF THE INVISI-p***s! DUN DUN DUNN!" the only good thing about Level C was the awesome sister who is a fabulous boss lady and uses "ore" instead of "watashi" 8D
- Oscar Wilde.User Image

User_2629207

Sai Kaitou X

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:30 am
I like a good balance in a story.
It must have sex and romance all in one.
Antique Bakery was awful. I got bored after the first few minutes. The opening also gives me a headache.
Sex Pistols was pretty bizarre, and the characters were too nerdy for my taste. But at least it had a good plot, so it wasn't entirely bad.
I loved Papa to Kiss in the Dark. We need more incest in our Yaoi.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:10 pm
The only bad yaoi i have red is fan fiction.
Nothing realy that i have... ok I take that back. I bought Angel Feathers, or what ever and it kinda sucked. This was in anime form and it was too short. This also excludes fan made parody books (can't spell the word so i'm not gona try) I have a few I don't much care for, but I can't realy read them ether.

Ok thats all I have to say.  

Where is Carmen Sandiego

Unstoppable Genius

35,025 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Married 100
  • Magical Girl 50

The_Radioactive_Woman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:35 pm
Anything exceedingly generic and formulatic (Think plots like the comics form the early to mid 20th century).
So pretty much a whole cartload of yaoi manga. Which is why I usually think up my own stories rather than read them.
To me, PLOT is wonderful and ORIGINALITY is valued. I just want to see it more in yaoi!! >.<  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:36 am
Terix_aptor
i mean, once you see bara (baragumi) you really get a taste of how anti-skinny a few manga artists can get.

BARA! heart ( lol another guy thing i guess)

I dunno man, some of the bara stuff can get a little unrealistic-anatomy-fail too. Such as inventing muscles that do not exist. Drawing random lumps does not make a man look muscular, it makes him look like he's got cancer with two weeks to live.

Best is a mix between the two, aka. normal weight. But if the artist does their research and makes sure all muscles and internal organs are present and accounted for and no extras have jumped along for the ride, then skinny boy or bara can work great, and it's all good.  

Sieffre

Wheezing Genius

7,450 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Labtech Abi

Friendly Pumpkin

8,975 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:10 am
INSIDE OUTSIDE U.S.A.
There is plenty, of bad yaoi. Mind you I'm not even picky for a good story, most are pretty cliche, but it's not hard to find bad yaoi. I've pretty much given up on being to story-prejudice on yaoi because I can't win. If it has a good story, I dislike the art.

And sometimes the cliche stuff is just what you want, no mental investment at all. So I say, yes there's lots of bad yaoi, but take the good with the bad, my friend.
INSIDE OUTSIDE U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:56 am
I found one that went like this *in my own i-dont-actually-remember-well version*

a: hey you! lets have sex!
b: but im not ready!
a: oh yes you are! *throws b on the bed*
b: oh god the pain! *gets thrown against the window*
a: who was that old dude you were with yesterday? you bringing other guys here?
b: who? no! that was my dad!
a: oh....really.....oh wellRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEPPPP!!!

So yah....I didn't read much more after that bs >>'  

LazyButler

Lastea

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:56 pm
i have seen/read a lot of bad yaoi. I like good art and good plot. If either of those are missing i wont take a second glance at it. I usually make up my own stories cause i think most of the yaoi is crap. I hated gravitation. I thought it was boring and irritating. I just couldn't get into it. The only thigns good about that series was K. He was freaking awesome. Papa to kiss in the dark was disturbing along with the Boku no Pico series. I hate shota, incest, rape, and violent yaoi and theres quite a bit of that going around now-a-days. you'd think that little boys woudl be traumatized by getting done by a man! I mean what they heck a seven year old boy or younger or a couple years older doesn't even really understand that idea of actually 'liking' someone so if anything it is just rape in a different fashion. and incest that's just plain gross. Like the ones wiht step brothers or half brothers or brothers or twins. quite disturbing in my point of view. The fanfiction these days isn't that great, but there are some pretty good ones out there.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:31 pm
I liked Gravitation! That's mostly because I count everything after around volume 5 to be crap and in my mind Shuichi grew balls and went with Ryuichi. Plus, seriously, that show was crack. It was pure crack for your insane needs! xd

But that's just me.

Boku no Pico was weird. I tried watching and was like "WTF?!" What can you do? I just end up reading fanfiction on non-yaoi series usually. They'll usually have character development. Or at least some kind of plot!  

pixie_cc

Familiar Dabbler

8,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers