Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Is it weird to slash real people? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is it weird?
  No, I do it all the time.
  I've never done it... but no.
  Ahhhg YES, IT IS! YOU FREAK!
View Results

Lady Gyrfalcon
Crew

Dapper Ghost

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:00 am
Actually, I've been mulling this over and I think it's definitely weird and sort of intrusive.
Like the gossip columns obsessing over celebrity love lives.
They may be actors and public faces, but they're still real people, so I find it somewhat disrespectful.
I dislike gossiping over people's lives in general - not just celebrities - so that's part of it.

On another level, I think it's creepy to objectify people's interpersonal relationships. Sure, you have to wonder a little bit sometimes, but if you're turning it into your own personal show in your mind... No, just no.
It's about respect and keeping it all in perspective. You can do what you want with two fictional characters in your mind, make up scenarios, write them out and do fanart, engage in the fandom, and that's fine. But in terms of real life? Real human beings?
People ain't our toys, plain and simple.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:29 pm
Yes I do think it's weird. I'm probably one of the biggest yaoi fangirls ever but I don't do that.

Don't get me wrong, if two guys I know are acting really gay I'm probably gonna picture them kissing at least once. But that's because I can't help myself.

BUT, just because I think it's weird doesn't mean I'm not guilty of it. I never did that with boys but I did femslash of Jersey Shore once. ninja  

Ellen Watermellen

Kericha Takima

Liberal Vampire

7,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:13 am
It's weird. I slashed The Gazette members in my fanfiction once because I was requested to by my friend and it weirded the heck out of me. However, I got used to it and I slash a lot.

...SO LONG AS, they themselves give out fan service. I mean, that so isn't my fault anymore. They're practically begging to be slashed and shipped.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:16 pm
I didn't before, then I got into K-Pop where it couldn't be helped, it was even worse when I found out that once of the members from a group I like read fan fiction about himself so that made me feel slightly better.  

SungJewel

Magnetic Hunter

8,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Befriended 100

xoAniLuv

Dangerous Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:22 pm
I do, but I never actually voice my slashes aloud. A person can think, so why not? As long as you're not being overbearing about the whole thing, there's nothing wrong.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff