1,600 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm
my family was born in INdia but i was born in America! smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:19 pm

User Image
I am 3/4 Italian, 1/8 Irish, and 1/8 English. But, I get a lot of "Orly? You look more Irish than anything to me." User Image

Cold Oktober

faretheewell

Eloquent Informer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:06 pm
The_Brightest_Moon
faretheewell
I'm ethnically Mennonite. Russian Mennonite if you want to be specific about it, which means that my family took Tsarina Catherine the Great's offer to live in Russia, not that I have any Russian heritage. If you go far enough back, my family was most likely Dutch. But we gave up our claims to that heritage when we became Mennonite. My family moved through--and lived in--Prussia for a few generations before settling in Russia.

My father's father's family acted as medics in the Crimean War and part of the colony moved to Crimea after the war was over. It didn't work out quite as well as they had hoped, so a group of them left in the 1860s. They had a falling out on the way, and part of that group went to South America, and the rest of them, including my grandfather's family, went to the US. My great-grandfather then moved his family to Canada to avoid conscription in the World Wars.

The rest of my family stayed in Russia until after the Russian Revolution and ended up coming to Canada as refugees in the 1920s. The Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) was set up by North American Mennonites to provide aid to their families and fellows in Russia. It has grown to a very well-respected humanitarian and development aid organization that operates world-wide.

My mother's mother's family had been farmers near Omsk, Russia. After the revolution, the Mennonite colonies in the area were attacked and persecuted by all sides of the resulting civil war. The Black army caused the most grief in the area where my family lived. They finally packed up and left in 1926. They landed in Quebec and settled in Manitoba.

I'm very proud of my heritage, and am still a practicing Mennonite. I find a lot of meaning in the pacifist beliefs and great humanitarian tradition of the Mennonite church.

Cultural note: Almost 100 years ago the first woman was ordained in Holland. It was in a Mennonite church.

wow!! You're lucky you know so much history about your family!!! I just heard family stories from my dad and uncle but that's the most I know :/ That's really cool

It is pretty cool, yes. I feel like I know where I'm from, and knowing it has influenced (at least in part) where I want to go. It can be comforting.

Plus, they're really good stories.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:24 pm
User Image
[ "私は永遠に、あなたを待っている残るよ..."]

I'm Japanese/Korean/Filipino.

My dad is Korean/Japanese.
My mom is full Filipino with a little bit of Italian. (She's at least 1/4 Italian. My Great-grandfather was FULL Italian and fell in love with the Philippines that he gave up his life in Italy to be with his new wife. He lived and died there.)

Wolf God Moro

Beloved Gaian

Summer Kagome

200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:28 pm
I'm half Brazilian, half American. My family was born in Brazil, but me and my brother and my baby cousin were born here.

I think I'm a bit Japanese, but I'm not sure. :u  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:02 am
Well, I'm a Mix of Mexican (from tu madre) Spanish, and Aztec decent. From my dad, I get French and German.

3nodding

Ri Sublimity

RosesFallingLikeRain

Desirable Businesswoman

11,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:33 am
I'm a Frenchie.
Technically I can't say 'pure french', because I don't know my father. I dont know what he was.
So as far as I'm concerned, I'm a full-blown Frenchie.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:38 am
>___<
I'm Dominican (Hispanic)
Though my great grandmother was from New Zealand and my last name is from France.

I don't if there's something else hidden o:

Topii

-PrimaCzarina-

Fluffy Prophet

9,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:14 pm
[I'm a Scott-Irish-Swede with a little German and Native American mixed in just for flavor.

The Native American is almost non-existent (1/32 at last count) in me but my sister and brother both have enough to get NatAm Scholarships.
]

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:27 pm
I'm A New-Yorican.
Puertorican. Born and raised in NYC. :>  

SMOOCHERS

9,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Pie Enabler 100

BornToPlease

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:30 pm
Canadian!!! born and still live here today.......but I'm also part Irish, Scottish, french, dutch, and German...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:48 pm
My family has been in the U.S. for 5 generations, so its hard to say. I want to say I'm only Chinese (Han & Manchurian) since I have a Chinese surname, but my father was a b*****d, and he looks Eurasian. He's from Hong Kong, so he may possibly be British. His facial features are a dead giveaway that he isn't all Asian. And maybe I'm a bit mutated, but I turned out to look even more Eurasian than he did, and I'm at least 3/4 Chinese! I have white skin (I can't tan, and I get sunburnt easily), high cheek bones, not-so-flat nose, and big eyes. The only Asian physical features I have are hair texture & color, and height.

And if you were wondering about my picture, it was retouched, so my skin actually looks much darker.  

HuoXingC

2,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Meth on Meth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:27 pm
Live in the USA.
I'm German.
And hell do I embrace it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:50 am
User Image
I am Filipino, and I am also part Chinese from my grandfather.
Born and raised in California. :3

KatMG

Friendly Friend

eccentricanomaly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:08 am
My mom's side of the family's from the Philippines.
My dad's white. I don't know the specifics because he was adopted and doesn't know his biological parents.
His adopted family is Irish on his mother's side. I think his dad's Italian . . .

I look white with a little bit of Spanish in me, though.
Some people don't believe me when I tell them I'm half Asian.  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff