Tamora Pierce Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:29 pm
Now that I'm reading the upcoming books list... I'm getting really excited. I can't wait for the Numair books, the new Circle books (I know lotsa people don't like them, but I do), The Provost's Dog trilogy, and THERE'S A BOOK ON MAURA! *Cough* Sorry. I just like Maura. And I really wanted to know what happened to her. <.< Yeah.... I'm done now.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:49 am
I started Trickster's Choice recently. I already HATE Aly. She's too shallow for my liking. I like Alanna much better. Aly dyes her hair to be in fashion. Alanna cuts off all of her lovely long red hair to do something she wants and pursue it with a vengence. Aly just has too much...I don't know, she seems to have everything Alanna wanted but not appreciate it. It just seems a waste.  

catz_rocks

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:21 pm
I remembered something about the Protector of the Small series, now that I'm re-reading it. I really dislike the first book. I don't know why, but I do. Page is okay, and I really like Squire and Lady Knight, but I just never liked First Test.

Anyway, I'm planning on re-reading all the Tamora Piecre books currently in my possession over spring break. I don't have Trickster's Queen, I think, because I lent it to my friend. I really need to get that one back. And another book I lent to someone.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:30 am
I'm now onto Trickster's Queen. Aly's ok, but I don't really like Sarai. And what happened to Nawat? He's gone all...distant, and stuff. It scares me...I love Nawat!  

catz_rocks

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:36 am
If I remember correctly, there's a reason for that. I just don't remember the actual reason. n.n"  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:59 pm
Man, I forgot how much I love the Tortall books. I started re-reading Wild Magic, and I love it so much. It's been a while since I've re-read them, so I forgot. But what I don't quite get is why Numair is called scatter-brained in the Protector of the Small quartet. He doesn't seem at all scatter-brained in the Immortals series. So why does Tamora Pierce claim he is? And I really want to know more about Onua and Buri. And maybe Sarge, too, but mostly Onua and Buri. I really need to buy the last two books in the Song of the Lioness series; I only have the first two at the moment, the others I read from the library. *Sigh* But I hate the new covers. I also need to buy the Emelan books, but I think the Winding Circle quartet is out of print. I can get The Circle Opens series easily, I know that much, but I have no idea about the other one. Grr. I'll have to go on Ebay or something, I suppose. Enough rambling! <.<  

NightIntent
Captain

tecche

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:29 pm
I believe Numair is called scatter-brained because he's somewhat absent minded. Plus, the main characters in the later books don't really know Numair that well. Furthermore, we've only seen how Numair interacts with people he is close to (loving or hating), for the most part.

They've reprinted The Circle of Magic I believe, but I do see them at my local Barnes & Noble and Border's all the time. Last time, I saw pretty much the same covers, with a couple differences.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:35 pm
I'll have to check next time I go to the bookstore. Luckily, I'm going to have to go next week, to get a book or two for a school project.

He never seems absent-minded. Ever. Well, maybe a little bit when he first gets introduced, but he's just trying to make Daine laugh. And Tamora Pierce does make him seem absent-minded in Lady Knight, when he catches Kel's gaze and holds her for a few seconds. That's kind of weird, in my opinion.  

NightIntent
Captain

tecche

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:54 pm
NightIntent
I'll have to check next time I go to the bookstore. Luckily, I'm going to have to go next week, to get a book or two for a school project.

He never seems absent-minded. Ever. Well, maybe a little bit when he first gets introduced, but he's just trying to make Daine laugh. And Tamora Pierce does make him seem absent-minded in Lady Knight, when he catches Kel's gaze and holds her for a few seconds. That's kind of weird, in my opinion.

I don't know what to tell you. Maybe he was stressed, and that was making him absent-minded?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:56 pm
Maybe. I still find it to be weird, and a bit annoying. Ah, well.  

NightIntent
Captain

Kissandhuggygirl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:42 pm
NightIntent
Anyone read The Will of the Empress yet? I've been meaning to, but haven't gone to the bookstore with money yet. Sometime this week, I hope. Though I don't know if I want to read it. I'll have to see it first, then I'll decide.

if you havn't read it yet i would advise you to i liked it i enjoyed reading it a lot  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:49 pm
Kissandhuggygirl
NightIntent
Anyone read The Will of the Empress yet? I've been meaning to, but haven't gone to the bookstore with money yet. Sometime this week, I hope. Though I don't know if I want to read it. I'll have to see it first, then I'll decide.

if you havn't read it yet i would advise you to i liked it i enjoyed reading it a lot

Yeah, read it already. It was good. I really liked it.  

NightIntent
Captain

Hakumei_Tenshi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:44 pm
NightIntent
Now that I'm reading the upcoming books list... I'm getting really excited. I can't wait for the Numair books, the new Circle books (I know lotsa people don't like them, but I do), The Provost's Dog trilogy, and THERE'S A BOOK ON MAURA! *Cough* Sorry. I just like Maura. And I really wanted to know what happened to her. <.< Yeah.... I'm done now.

There are a LOT of characters that I wonder what happened to them... Like Maura. My favorite thing ever is reading about people in the Lioness quartet, and then finding the same characters or events in the Protector of the Small. I also wonder what happens to Sarai... and that Princess Kalasin marries the Carthak Emperor!! (not ozorne... i forget his name a thte moment... ) WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?! oh, and the fact that one of Thayet's children was named Liam. That shocked me.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:55 pm
Hakumei_Tenshi
There are a LOT of characters that I wonder what happened to them... Like Maura. My favorite thing ever is reading about people in the Lioness quartet, and then finding the same characters or events in the Protector of the Small. I also wonder what happens to Sarai... and that Princess Kalasin marries the Carthak Emperor!! (not ozorne... i forget his name a thte moment... ) WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?! oh, and the fact that one of Thayet's children was named Liam. That shocked me.

We knew that Kali was going to marry Kaddar eventually, in Emperor Mage. Well, it was hinted at, at least. It may or may not have been in The Realms of the Gods; I don't remember. I don't care what happened to Sarai. She was annoying.  

NightIntent
Captain

Julri

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 5:17 pm
I really loved the Lioness Quartet. I'm reading the Immortals series right now, but it's not as good, I don't think. But, I'll probably read all of her books (eventually...).

Peace! ninja

Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces