Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
FOLKLORE Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

have you had a paranormal experience?
no
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
perhaps, there`s possibly a rational explanation
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
paranormal? Pah! bunk sir! BUNK!!!!!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

50ny4

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:41 pm
First of all, i'm right with ye on the whole fairy belief.
I also believe and have heard the wind and trees speak to one another, sometimes the moon talks and it is sort of those moments when i feel most connected to them
Haven't seen a ghost but have heard enough to believe in em
and that's about all i can think of!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:31 am
Unfortunately I have a naturally scientific mind, and don't believe in something if I can't see at least vaguely how it works. I'm an atheist, and not at all superstitious. I can't ever saw I've seen a ghost or anything like that. I've occasionally had strange experiences, but I've always been able to get through them with simple logic.

The human mind is a remarkable thing, very capable of playing tricks on itself, and convincing itself of things. It also seems to have a natural desire to believe in unknown forces, it actually wants to believe in this sort of thing. It's a comfort blanket, really.

I should note, though, that I have nothing against any kind of faith. People should do whatever works for them. My motto has always been 'do what thou wilt, but harm no other', so faith is fine by me. Religion, that's another story. Most organised religions have committed atrocities at one point or another, but that's a beef I have with the administrative and political systems of the churches, not the faith itself.  

Days of Empire

Mega Genius

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:30 am
I have to agree with Erix Griffon. I don't have any belief in the supernatural and I'm sceptical of all personal accounts. I can't believe it until I see it and know that there's no more plausible explanation (hallucination, whatever); even if there were no more plausible explanation it wouldn't make the paranormal explanation correct. I don't see it as being a killjoy or having no imagination; it's firstly an inability to control the way I feel anyway, and secondly what I consider to be a beneficial position to take.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:27 pm
I once saw a UFO o0;  

Cleocatra

IRL Trash

34,625 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:30 pm
I am not so sceptic of the paranormal, but I see it as something mental as opposed to metaphysical  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:14 pm
Im undecided, I know people who have seen ghosts etc, but I have not, so I shal have to wait and see if I ever do. Wow, thats pretty rubbish, I need to make up my mind.

(Cleocatra Osiris- I love your sig! Onee-san is wonderful!)  

boy_no_13

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:52 pm
I love fantasy and fokelore. It can be a little...shall we say... unbelieveable at times. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:26 pm
Nebelstern
I love fantasy and fokelore. It can be a little...shall we say... unbelieveable at times. rolleyes

What do you mean by that, pray?  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:30 pm
whapcapn
Nebelstern

Why, they are amusing little tales, undeniably so, yet I fear that most of them originate from old crones striving over stoves in medieval times. I would take most with a 'pinch of salt' to quote a timeless cliche.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:32 pm
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Nebelstern

Why, they are amusing little tales, undeniably so, yet I fear that most of them originate from old crones striving over stoves in medieval times. I would take most with a 'pinch of salt' to quote a timeless cliche.

I fear you're enterering the habit of using unnecessary quotation marks that is a clear sign of a linguistic snob.
An amusing anecdote: once I saw a sign in a building bearing the words, "please keep the door 'closed'". gonk  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:37 pm
whapcapn
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Nebelstern

I fear you're enterering the habit of using unnecessary quotation marks that is a clear sign of a linguistic snob.
An amusing anecdote: once I saw a sign in a building bearing the words, "please keep the door 'closed'". gonk

eek Why?!? As if 'closed' needs any pointing out. Oh crap. It just was. At least the context was different...

No, I'm not much of a linguistic snob. I could be more of one if you want.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:38 pm
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Nebelstern

eek Why?!? As if 'closed' needs any pointing out. Oh crap. It just was. At least the context was different...

Go ahead, if you want.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:42 pm
whapcapn
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Nebelstern

Go ahead, if you want.

For once, we are actually deviating rather well...
I think that is debateable, my friend. I do not WANT. I merely AM quite fond of this micro-text.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:43 pm
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Nebelstern

Go ahead, if you want.

I think that is debateable, my friend. I do not WANT. I merely AM quite fond of this micro-text.

Just now you said you weren't...  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:48 pm
whapcapn
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Nebelstern

Go ahead, if you want.

Just now you said you weren't...

A man can change his mind, can he not? rolleyes  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas