Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
I has a goal too. -journal- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hugs?
  Hugs!
View Results

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:38 pm
There's definitely a difference in your waist between then and now. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:39 pm
Munkers
There's definitely a difference in your waist between then and now. 4laugh

whee I'm glad it's noticeable!  

pigeonsoup

pigeonsoup

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:43 pm
105~ sad

I know it's only because my digestive system is going SUPER slow nowadays and so I haven't gone to the bathroom yet in a day or two, but I still feel like I'm going backwards. Nyehhh. I NEED to figure out something to get my digestion moving along like a normal person's. I'm really regretting my phase of trying to starve myself over and over because I'm pretty sure that's what's making it happen. I used to be so regularrrrr. gonk
Also, if that's TMI, too bad. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:36 am
laurenwithoutsound
105~ sad

I know it's only because my digestive system is going SUPER slow nowadays and so I haven't gone to the bathroom yet in a day or two, but I still feel like I'm going backwards. Nyehhh. I NEED to figure out something to get my digestion moving along like a normal person's. I'm really regretting my phase of trying to starve myself over and over because I'm pretty sure that's what's making it happen. I used to be so regularrrrr. gonk
Also, if that's TMI, too bad. 3nodding

Are you not feeling hungry at all? The way to get your metabolism up is to eat small meals every 3 hours of so. If you are having trouble using the restroom, try getting more fruit in your diet. Things like bananas, oranges, strawberries, and basically just any fruit will help with digestion.

Good luck. Starving yourself doesn't work and will make you gain weight. It's ironic how you have to eat food to lose weight wink of course the meals have to be healthy and controlled portions.  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

pigeonsoup

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:25 am
Oh no I definitely still get hungry. and I eat a lot of fruit and fiber and everything. It's just not happenin'. It kinda worries me but, I mean, I dunno. Maybe I should try ACTIVIAAAA. whee  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:39 am
It's good that you are getting fiber in your diet, but too much can constipate you. I don't think the human body was made to digest too much fiber. Try getting more fruits than fiber, because it's the fruits that will help you use the restroom with ease. 3nodding  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Sunsway

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:58 am
Fruit, yes. Apricots and plums in particular. wink  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:20 am
Don't forget the water. Being dehydrated can also back things up.

You might also like this site. You can weigh-in everyday or every other day or whatever and it'll graph your weight. It helps you see trends overtime and there's also a function that allows you to set a 30 day goal and it'll email you a little note each time you weigh-in and say "To meet your goal of X, you should weigh Y pounds today."  

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

pigeonsoup

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:32 pm
Yeah I've been trying to drink more water. I used to drink tons more than I do now. >.>  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:59 pm
waterwaterwater.
squeeze a bit of lemon in there, it helps you 'move along'.
anddd go for walks. the fullbody swing of a good brisk walk helps move things along well, too.

but drink water first and foremost.

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

pigeonsoup

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:04 pm
I have heard about putting a little lemon juice in water. I think I'll try it. USUALLY what helps me is going out and getting like the strongest coffee type drink I can get, because I don't drink all that much coffee anymore anyways so, it's usually like PSST OHAI TIME TO GO POTTY. sweatdrop

Also, walking doesn't really seem to help. Exercise in general doesn't reallyseem to help. I don't know why, I know it should work, but I never see a whole lot of change.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:06 pm
Coffee is definitely a diuretic/laxative, however you don't want to use it as one because it can make you dependent upon it (any laxative, not just coffee). So it may work for now, but it'll be harder to go next time. Try water + lemon first, and give it a few days. If you can do it this way, and keep up fiber + water, you'll become more regular without needing something that MAKES you go.  

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:08 pm
Another natural remedy that I forgot to mention until now:

Grapes are super yummy and also a natural laxative. :3  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:00 am
Lemon juice and water? I used to do that when I went cycling for the purpose of drinking less because I only had one bottle available and had to make it last. Trialed and tested. Lemon juice kills thirst, doesn't it? o_O  

Sunsway

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:15 pm
I remember a Chemistry professor of mine once talking about how acidity is refreshing to us which is part of why so many people enjoy soda. (In addition to the sweetness which we're programed to crave.) I don't think he ever talked about the exact mechanism that makes that little bit of acid so nice to us, but it totally makes sense to me that a little bit of lemon could help satisfy your thirst with less liquid.  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff