Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Room Planning
Room Host Appearances Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:39 am
Luna Verto
Queenie Cee
~Aphrodite~

User Image
Total Value: 3,782,627 Gold
[Item Information]

This seems a bit crowded...

Not really crowded in my opinion. If she is trying to make a background with the stuff, she could try some that are already made, to be less crowded, though it might change what she wants but there are some pretty decent backgrounds. (Like I am using the current background on my avi as part of the costume. But costume will only be on for 3-4 days as that is the amount of days that the ball is actually only supposed to run for, according to the ball's tradition. Then at the end of the three day I am back to my Disney self.)  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:19 pm
It's just that...the whole point of the ball is kind of to spend more time doing what gaia was made for-discussions in the forums/RP/etc.-and not focus on the more material side that we see often nowadays. And that avatar seems to go against that ideal...

I suppose it's not my place to comment on other room host avatars, but as far as constructive criticism goes, I think that avatar is quite cluttered and is not a very accurate representation of Aphrodite. neutral
Sorry, but that's just my opinion.

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100

Mousse Chocolat
Crew

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:21 pm
Ugh... have to change y avi again because Gaia decided to come out with a ton of sea room related stuff.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:44 pm
Luna Verto
It's just that...the whole point of the ball is kind of to spend more time doing what gaia was made for-discussions in the forums/RP/etc.-and not focus on the more material side that we see often nowadays. And that avatar seems to go against that ideal...

I suppose it's not my place to comment on other room host avatars, but as far as constructive criticism goes, I think that avatar is quite cluttered and is not a very accurate representation of Aphrodite. neutral
Sorry, but that's just my opinion.

The user run ball is the most criticized event on gaia, I see more complainers in it then in any other event. We need to do something this year that will change it.  

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:14 pm
I think constructive criticism is good when it comes to everything rooms, avatar's ect. If we don't share our oppinion to try to help and make things better, progress is not made. heart  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:12 pm
Epcot Illuminations
The user run ball is the most criticized events on gaia, I see more complainers in it then in any other event. We need to do something this year that will change it.

Every event on gaia has complainers, and the ball definitely doesn't top the podium.
The ball is presented every year the way it is, to try to remind gaians of the reason you should get on gaia.
If we wanted to do an event based solely on giving away items, we could try to do what gaia does every year for Christmas and Halloween events.
And I see more people every year joining the ball, and crediting it to be the best event of the year on gaia.

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:10 pm
Luna Verto
Epcot Illuminations
The user run ball is the most criticized events on gaia, I see more complainers in it then in any other event. We need to do something this year that will change it.

Every event on gaia has complainers, and the ball definitely doesn't top the podium.
The ball is presented every year the way it is, to try to remind gaians of the reason you should get on gaia.
If we wanted to do an event based solely on giving away items, we could try to do what gaia does every year for Christmas and Halloween events.
And I see more people every year joining the ball, and crediting it to be the best event of the year on gaia.

It is really high up on the podium. I said one of the top.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:13 am
Epcot Illuminations
The user run ball is the most criticized event on gaia, I see more complainers in it then in any other event. We need to do something this year that will change it.

And anyway, one reason you see more complainers is because there is one place for them all to gather. In other events that don't take place in the forums (like the last few gaia run events) the complainers are spread out in different places.  

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:18 pm
I think Luna brings out a valid point; what makes the Annual Ball is its emphasis on role-play. From what I understand from past balls, role-playing is the primary purpose. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Also, the Ball is user-run, reminding users that you don't need all the razzle-dazzle EI's, RIG's, and raffles. Essentially, all you need to have fun is a handful of willing people with a keyboard, and you can conjure an adventure out of thin air.

We'll always have the nay-sayers and Negative Nancys, but the people who are open-minded will be honest with us, give us the freedom to try to please them as best as possible, and be generous about giving us constructive feedback for the future. c:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:22 pm
Can I have feedback on my tektek of Demeter?

User Image

I own all these items, so if anyone has any suggestions for improving her, let me know, and I can probably quest for them.

Edit: Actually, I don't have the golden apple.

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:09 pm
Thanks for the support biggrin .

I played around with it on tektek, and I kind of like it better without the clock and masquerade. Instead of the Mask. mouth, I used the smiley moth that comes free and shows your teeth (but just the small one).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:05 pm
seeing how i'm playing zeus, it would make sense for me to create a new account, correct? ;D

as for the avatar, here's a rough idea so far. i'll be editing / fooling around with it to make it cheaper though, for sure. <3

User Image  

symphonium
Crew

Tipsy Conversationalist

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:22 pm
Luna Verto
Thanks for the support biggrin .

I played around with it on tektek, and I kind of like it better without the clock and masquerade. Instead of the Mask. mouth, I used the smiley moth that comes free and shows your teeth (but just the small one).

Okay, I think I wanted her to have the Masq. mouth because it made her look "older" and more mature. Like, the younger goddesses I could see with open-mouth smiles and coy grins, so I was trying to make Demeter look a little more sophisticated. wink

I can take off the Noel's Gift easily, though. Then she'll be simpler, and the form will stand out better.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:31 pm
Ooh I see! That makes sense.

If only that had such an item as "glorious age" on gaia or something like that.
xd  

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:35 pm
iTheater
seeing how i'm playing zeus, it would make sense for me to create a new account, correct? ;D

Not really. You'd make a new email address and everything too, which is a pain, and what would be the point? You'd have a different user name (probably something weird, a lot of simpler user names are taken) and a male avi. Just use your main and go cross-dress with me, as I'll be playing a male character with a female base too. biggrin  
Room Planning

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff