Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Websites with good information about paganism? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShadowCatSoul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:00 am
Chaos Blue

I can suggest not to post a website such as Witchvox. It's not a good source at all, in fact, it's a mangled mess of just about anyone or anything that decides to show up. However, if it is your opinion that it's a site that's of use to you, I guess you've learned that you should keep it to yourself. ninja People do not find the same things at the same places.

In fact, I could even go as far as to suggest not to refer anyone new or seeking guidance to any good portion of sites out there one might find on google, for obvious reasons such as the standard misconceptions and historical butchering(But I won't, since I don't know every single page and website that google gives me). Instead, suggest that they look around for primary resources, historical documents, and the like. And to look a little more around this guild. It is a wealth of information in and of itself, after all.

Yes, from now on I shall keep most of my suggestions to myself. And you are right, not everyone finds the same things in the same places. While it may not have been useful to my attacker, it has been useful to me. And I didn't find it on google.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:13 am
ShadowCatSoul
While it may not have been useful to my attacker, it has been useful to me.
Your persecution complex isn't doing you any favors.

I could have sworn you grew out of this. Correcting you is not attacking you.  

TeaDidikai

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:36 am
ShadowCatSoul

Stores, not stories

Correction noted. Thank you.

Quote:
and he's likely to meet people who can help.

No. He's not. It's a site with serious problems. He's more likely to be misled.

Quote:
That's why I gave him the site.

You gave him the site because you were lazy and unwilling to research a proper site. Let's not be dishonest with ourselves.

ShadowCatSoul
Instead of attacking me, maybe you should try and educate me, is that not why this guild was created?

What you see as attacking you is educating you. Your persecution complex just gets in the way of you seeing that.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:24 am
ShadowCatSoul
If you were to read more and talk less you would see that I took those statements back.
I failed to read them, my bad.
Quote:
Also, you are not to determine who belongs here and who doesn't, that is for the leaders of this guild to decide,
Sure, but I do have the right to hold an opinion, which I stated.
Quote:
and being that I require further education they have decided I do belong here. This place is not for merely the knowledgeable, it is also for those who seek knowledge, such as myself.
Cool, then stick to seeking until you're ready to guide.

Also, learn the difference between educating and attacking.

If all I was doing was attacking you, I would have just called you names and swore at you. But no, I was demonstrating to you in no uncertain terms how blatantly wrong your actions were and how blatantly wrong your attitude was. If you'll note, it took several applications of the same message to get you to "get it."

If there's anything you should take away from this, it's that you should think before you speak, be aware of the damage we can wreak even when in good intent, and to accept the chance that you're wrong so that you don't end up defending a bad position.

How's that for educating?  

Gho the Girl

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas