Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
The Fluffy Before and After Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

erinnightwalker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:06 pm
Yo, lurker from ED and the Guild.

My problem was lack of non-Llew-something-vaguely-Welsh imprint books, no Internet access, and being the big fish in the small pond. Out of my small trio of then-friends- one is obsessed with Japan, yet says she is the chosen of Anubis (which has a story behind it that I'm still kinda disturbed about), and the other, while meditating on a guided journey (which apparently I have a good voice for) said something about being a guarded flame, says she's chosen of Hecate (which she pronounced He-ca-tate), and was angry at her ex-boyfriend for abusing his astral-wolf form while on patrol. I think I was the only one who read anything approaching the true myths (Bullfinch's retellings are so fun ^_^), or who wanted to do anything. As for Mr. Darks, I don"t remember anything like that passing my radar. I do have some stories I wrote that spawned from "what if I was a-", but that's about it.

After being reduced to tears in extended discussion, I was forced to review my complacent view of my spirituality. For that, no matter how painful it was, I must thank you all. Without that wake-up call, I'm not sure what I may have turned into. Fluffier, certainly. I would like to make one request if I may? To Mr. Cu Ann, can you point me to the specific passage where the Irish gods swear to hear the prayers of only those in the Irish clans? I have been trying to find the reference in the texts I have access to but have been unsuccessful so far. I have also asked at the various places that I venture that are related to Irish mythology and the closest I have been able to come to was an agreement between the Dagda and the clans to stop raiding. Is this the passage you meant, and if so, how does that translate as an exclusive agreement? I have also heard that Brigid and Lugh are excluded from the aforementioned agreement for some reason, although that was never explained fully. Until I find out from the original sources, I can't let go of the attachment I have to this pantheon. I have tried and it just won't let go of my mind. I would really appreciate the help so I can have some closure on the matter.

Thank you for your time sir.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:12 pm
erinnightwalker
she is the chosen of Anubis (which has a story behind it that I'm still kinda disturbed about)

... confused ?

Quote:
To Mr. Cu Ann, can you point me to the specific passage where the Irish gods swear to hear the prayers of only those in the Irish clans? I have been trying to find the reference in the texts I have access to but have been unsuccessful so far.

I asked this before as well, but haven't received an answer yet. At the time he was sick with a cold, so he might not have seen it. He hasn't been back for a while, though, so you might have more success sending him a PM.  

Bastemhet

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:13 pm
erinnightwalker

After being reduced to tears in extended discussion, I was forced to review my complacent view of my spirituality. For that, no matter how painful it was, I must thank you all. Without that wake-up call, I'm not sure what I may have turned into. Fluffier, certainly. I would like to make one request if I may? To Mr. Cu Ann, can you point me to the specific passage where the Irish gods swear to hear the prayers of only those in the Irish clans? I have been trying to find the reference in the texts I have access to but have been unsuccessful so far. I have also asked at the various places that I venture that are related to Irish mythology and the closest I have been able to come to was an agreement between the Dagda and the clans to stop raiding. Is this the passage you meant, and if so, how does that translate as an exclusive agreement? I have also heard that Brigid and Lugh are excluded from the aforementioned agreement for some reason, although that was never explained fully. Until I find out from the original sources, I can't let go of the attachment I have to this pantheon. I have tried and it just won't let go of my mind. I would really appreciate the help so I can have some closure on the matter.

I'm pretty sure there is a whole thread on this already.

I'll see if I can dig it up.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:14 pm
TeaDidikai
erinnightwalker

There is; that's what I was referring to above. He didn't come back to the thread and give me a definitive answer based on primary sources. I started the topic "The oath of the gods of the Gael," I think it was.  

Bastemhet

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:16 pm
Bastemhet
TeaDidikai
erinnightwalker

There is; that's what I was referring to above. He didn't come back to the thread and give me a definitive answer based on primary sources. I started the topic "The oath of the gods of the Gael," I think it was.
The one I am thinking of was in M&R.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:19 pm
TeaDidikai

Oh! Well now I'd really like to see this too, if it's already been answered. And if you can be bothered. 3nodding  

Bastemhet

erinnightwalker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:20 pm
Bastemhet

... confused ?

If you really want to know, I will tell you. Its funny in an odd way.... Oh, and her goddess is, apparently, Nephtys (sp? my greekified egyptian is rusty). As far as I know she isn't recon in the least.

Did I mention the gold colored Laughing Buddha altar?

@Teadidikai, thank you. I really appreciate this.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:21 pm
Bastemhet
TeaDidikai

Oh! Well now I'd really like to see this too, if it's already been answered. And if you can be bothered. 3nodding
I'm on the laptop right now- so I don't have my bookmarks and I wasn't able to find it in a quick glance. Maybe when I get home this evening.  

TeaDidikai

erinnightwalker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:23 pm
TeaDidikai
I'm on the laptop right now- so I don't have my bookmarks and I wasn't able to find it in a quick glance. Maybe when I get home this evening.

I eagerly await the thread. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:29 pm
erinnightwalker
Bastemhet

... confused ?

If you really want to know, I will tell you. Its funny in an odd way.... Oh, and her goddess is, apparently, Nephtys (sp? my greekified egyptian is rusty). As far as I know she isn't recon in the least.

Nephthys. It's not a prob to not be recon, it's not for everybody. However ignoring standards of ritual purity is a problem.

Quote:

The eightfold path is not inherently at odds with Maat, as I see some parallels between that and some ethical proscriptions in some of the didactic literature. However depending on your brand of Buddhism, some of the ideas (like rebirth) are incompatible with Egyptian cosmology.  

Bastemhet

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:30 pm
erinnightwalker
TeaDidikai

I eagerly await the thread. smile

Ditto'd. Thanks for the effort.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:33 pm
True Colours of Destiny
rmcdra
Well I'll share my Mr. Dark. I used to think I was the reincarnation of a dimensional warrior who was to gather other warriors who reincarnated with me so we could fight this great evil that was seeking to destroy all the universes. Good think I snapped out of that. Looking back on it the "gods" that I followed during that time were reflections of things going on in my life during that time and it was my way of compensating for the things I was missing or rather was ill equipped to adequately deal with.

I had something similar to yours. xD That was the summer of 2004.

I transformed it into a bunch short stories and science fiction stories that have yet to be completed.

And then I started reading into paganism and other religions.

It was a "good" Mr. Dark, as I wasn't spouting nonsense left, right, centre. I was slightly delusional (xD), but that summer was the summer I completely switched my positions on a lot of things and started thinking for myself (I also discovered Gaia and the ED that summer ninja ).
Mine started back in 1996. Lasted up until 2003 but still heavily influenced me of a long time. I'm doing the same thing you are with them. They are going to make some great Fantasy settings that's for sure.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

erinnightwalker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:35 pm
Bastemhet
erinnightwalker
Bastemhet

... confused ?

Nephthys. It's not a prob to not be recon, it's not for everybody. However ignoring standards of ritual purity is a problem.

Well, when she was younger she had a necklace possessed by an entity that called itself Anubis that she used to put in a duffel bag when she changed. She and the now-ex-friend would channel it back and forth. Apparently my shielding is too good because I never felt a single twinge from said entity. Which is part of the reason I'm iffy about her current belief, not to mention her love of all things death related. And there's something about the way she talks about this relationship that makes my neck hairs raise.

Bastemhet
erinnightwalker

The eightfold path is not inherently at odds with Maat, as I see some parallels between that and some ethical proscriptions in some of the didactic literature. However depending on your brand of Buddhism, some of the ideas (like rebirth) are incompatible with Egyptian cosmology.

As far as I can tell she offers an orange once every six months or more and coins. I have never heard her profess belief in the Eightfold Path, and sometimes goes very much against it. I think its more of a good luck thingie she does since she's mentioned a mani-neko bank in connection with it. And as for Maat, not a single word. Much about karma, but not Maat. (I know it sounds like she's fluffy, and she may be. But she's been my best friend for years and most of the time she's cool. I only want to strangle her sometimes XD)  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:01 pm
erinnightwalker
Well, when she was younger she had a necklace possessed by an entity that called itself Anubis that she used to put in a duffel bag when she changed. She and the now-ex-friend would channel it back and forth. Apparently my shielding is too good because I never felt a single twinge from said entity. Which is part of the reason I'm iffy about her current belief, not to mention her love of all things death related. And there's something about the way she talks about this relationship that makes my neck hairs raise.

Probably a Thoughtform, or just a wildly active imagination. I'm not surprised. You would have to first perform specific rituals to make the statue a suitable vessel for deity.

Bastemhet
As far as I can tell she offers an orange once every six months or more and coins. I have never heard her profess belief in the Eightfold Path, and sometimes goes very much against it. I think its more of a good luck thingie she does since she's mentioned a mani-neko bank in connection with it. And as for Maat, not a single word. Much about karma, but not Maat. (I know it sounds like she's fluffy, and she may be. But she's been my best friend for years and most of the time she's cool. I only want to strangle her sometimes XD)

That's not Buddha, then. That's probably Hotei/Pu-Tai. I have no idea what mani-neko is, but the statue she has is based off of a Chinese Buddhist monk, while mani-neko, whatever it is, is Japanese in origin.

Maat and Karma are not the same thing. She should really research things a bit more.  

Bastemhet

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:11 pm
Bastemhet
I have no idea what mani-neko is...

i think she means maneki neko 'beckoning cat'

i did a google search for 'mani-neko' and only found sushi (mmm, sushi).  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff