Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
»SimP is likely INSANE.« [INSANITY 28SEPT-27NOV] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Goal: Run (most of) a 5k by August 20!

View Results

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:36 am
I did the 30-day Shred which is a full-body circuit. It alternates 3 minutes of strength with 2 minutes of cardio with 1 minute of abs. I've not done strength for a while so that's probably why I'm feeling it so bad. But I'm going to get used to it, I'll just have to take a day off every other day. :3

I loved it though, it worked me gooood. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:43 am
Stars in my Pocket
I did the 30-day Shred which is a full-body circuit. It alternates 3 minutes of strength with 2 minutes of cardio with 1 minute of abs. I've not done strength for a while so that's probably why I'm feeling it so bad. But I'm going to get used to it, I'll just have to take a day off every other day. :3

I loved it though, it worked me gooood. :D

That's fine. At first you should probably start out light, it gives you something to build up to. If you aren't able to build up to it, then you won't have anywhere to go and will reach a plateau, so you can kind of look of this as a good thing. I always kind of like the soreness a little because it means that I actually got a workout and used my muscles enough to build them. As weird as it is, when I wake up sore, I kind of think "Oh yeah, I'm sore, way to go me!" sweatdrop  

Goldenlici

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:18 pm
I ate too much today. Not going to bother filling in the rest of the form for today.

I feel like a lot of people in here are starting to act righteous about dieting when they aren't licensed nutritionists.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:51 pm
Stars in my Pocket
I ate too much today. Not going to bother filling in the rest of the form for today.

I feel like a lot of people in here are starting to act righteous about dieting when they aren't licensed nutritionists.

That's a really bad habit to get into. I would write it down anyway because then you face it head on. If you don't, eventually you will just stop writing all together. You can do it. We are all supportive here and we won't judge. You can do better, but your not a failure if you don't eat perfectly.  

Goldenlici

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:32 am
Been doing well + exercising daily. Usually oatmeal or fiber cereal in the morning, lean protein + carbs for lunch, balanced/light dinners. Yay. :]

I'm feeling good, haven't weighed myself.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:00 am
Spring 10 semester started on Monday so I've been busy with that. Hoping I can find time to make myself fit, we'll see. Unfortunately though, school takes a priority over working out.

Going to still try to find time to get in shape though. [pokes treadmill] But I'm still going to be active at the barn and teaching. So either way I'm going to be active, it's just a matter of how active.

So, other than that, I've been doing well on my eating. Keeping to lots of protein and balanced foods. Trying to wean myself off of processed things but we all know how that goes. It's just everywhere.

To everyone in the guild, I hope you're all doing well! I'll be updating frequently.

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:15 am
I WANT A BODYBUGG. Or a Gruve, which does the same and is cheaper. Either one! biggrin I want it I want it I want it!
It calculates very accurately how many calories you're burning either at any given time or during the course of a day. I love it.
I want it. ><

<3

Eating pretty well. Not much has changed on my weight. Rode yesterday, walked 14k steps on wednesday. I'm planning on getting 10k in today and some other exercise.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:51 am
What's a BODYBUGG?  

Goldenlici

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:55 pm
Goldenlici
What's a BODYBUGG?
It's an armband that you keep on the whole day. It tells you how many calories you've burned from the time you've put it on. Not "estimates", but a real accurate number based on your movement/heat/sweat/pulse.
So doing nothing, it'll still tell you what you're burning.
And it'd help keep me on track as far as how many calories I can really have. :]

But for now my trusty pedometer (Pokemon Pikachu 2!) is fine. :]

- - - - -

Eating well, 3 sodas today though, oops.
Riding tomorrow for plenty 'o exercise.
Mood is overall pretty good. :] Got to re-kindle some romance which is always lovely. I love my bear. <3

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:14 pm
Also, mini-goal.

I want to lose as much weight as I healthily can before V-day, where I will be participating in another dressage test. Woo. biggrin

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:12 pm
Ok so I'm going to be making a general plan for my eating. Meal (Time) Food Cals (est.).

Breakfast (0900):
Scrambled Egg Whites (100)
Oatmeal (130)
Juice (250)

Snack (1030):
Honey Nut Cheerios (220)

Lunch (1200):
Chicken Breast (110)

Snack (1400):
Spinach Salad (150)

Dinner (1700):
Soup (200)
Veggies (150)

Snack (1900):
Fruit Serving (150)

Bedtime (2100).

That's like 1450cal but with the exercise I'll be doing that should put me at a good amount. :] I'm going to aim to burn at least 250 cals in exercise a day, and my goal is going to be 4 hours per week not counting riding. So that's kind of hefty but we'll see, since I'm at the barn doing hard labor + riding for about 12 hours per week, haha.

Exercise times will vary and will either be circuit training, abs, or stable work + riding. If I do take a day off it will be because I've exceeded 10k steps, I'm really going to try to do circuit training regardless of what I do. <3 Jillian. biggrin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:04 am
I need to get more exercise in, for sure. x__x
I've been somewhat active, but I think that I'm just not adjusted to school yet. I'm going to do something when I get home, probably a 30-day shred or abs/pushups. I <3 pushups, they hurt but they're so so effective.

Also, my boyfriend got 20-lb free weights and is totally rocking them, I'm jealous that he's so strong. x) I want to be strong, too!

And I'm playing Fable II, I just got it and it's so good. It's also probably a reason I'm not doing as much exercise as I could be doing. ._.;;

Does anyone else play videogames?

Again, sorry for being inactive, I'm in college but my mom has net-nanny or something for little brother so I can only get in during class or at bf's.

I'm going to find my measuring tape and take measurements.

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Goldenlici

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:57 pm
I just bought the 30 day shred, though I haven't used it yet. It was only $9 at walmart. I also got a Tae bo video that is really fun.

Stars in my Pocket
Does anyone else play videogames?

I used to all the time, but not so much anymore because I've beaten all the ones I own and there aren't a lot of good ones out that I don't already have. I did get a workout ball to sit on for when I'm watching tv. It's nice because not only do I have to balance on it, but I also get bored during the commercials and start working out on it. It was pretty cheap at walmart.

I am in college, too. What are you studying? I am studying physics to become a physics teacher.

Stars in my Pocket
My mom has net-nanny or something for little brother so I can get in during class or at bf's.

It won't let you use gaia?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:07 pm
I like your weight loss rewards idea! If I had more money I'd do it haha.  

pigeonsoup

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:09 am
Goldenlici: I don't have room for an exercise ball, but I covet them. <3
I'm going to school for a B.A. in English Literature with a Legal Studies Minor, then heading to Law School to be one of America's most hated professionals. ;D Heehee. :]
And it WILL let me use gaia but as this is a public guild and anyone can see anything, and my journal has more hits than anyone elses' (obviously as I read it and post in it) I just don't want what I consider to be private open to comments/etc.

laurenwithoutsound: It can be anything you like, really. And I'm changing my goals I think, not the rewards but the goals. x_x hehe.

<3 Thanks for being active in my journal guys!

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff