Submit

Have you read them?
  Yes.
  No.
  Never heard of them.
View Results

ckmidnight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:43 pm
I loved The Bartimaeus trilogy!!! I read all three- but the third was my favorite. It had a sad, but fitting, end. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:41 am
ckmidnight
I loved The Bartimaeus trilogy!!! I read all three- but the third was my favorite. It had a sad, but fitting, end. heart

Excellent review. The Bartimaeus trilogy is one of the best fantasy series to come along in quite a while, although I'm more partial to Tad Williams with his fantasy series: Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn.  

godhi

Lukino Astrophel

Survivor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:13 pm
Woot! Bartimaeus!! I've read the first and second. So far I like the first best. -eagerly awaits for the third to pop up in the U.S. at my local Barnes & Noble. 3nodding
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:07 pm
heart I love those books! I was so sad when they ended (partly because that meant that there would be no more, and partly because of the ending). I reread them all the time. ^_^  

Wings Akimbo

Angleic Shadow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:47 pm
I didn't really like the second one, though the third made up for it.
It's definetly awesome  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:20 pm
I read them a while ago, but liked them so much. Bartimeaus (Bartimaeus?) is awesome, and the pair of them are so witty. Actually, it's just Barty that is witty, and he makes up for the rest of the characters rofl  

SexyDeity

ninja_lord76

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:20 pm
I just started the first book and so far i love it.i hope the rest of the book is just as exiting as the begining 4laugh  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:42 pm
I adore that trilogy! I love Bartimaeus' narrations, he's so witty!

I got all my friends addicted to those books awhile back; my friend Label absolutely loved that store assistant imp. 'Remember Simpkin? rofl  

MyLadyMandy

ninja_lord76

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:14 pm
thats exactly were i am in the book.the store keeper just came back. whee  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:19 pm
ninja_lords_gf
thats exactly were i am in the book.the store keeper just came back. whee

You've got to be joking! rofl

Ah, man, now I want to read those books, again...  

MyLadyMandy

Dr Mandragora

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:51 pm
ittle_Vash_in_da_world
I really loved reading the Bartimaes trilogy though the final book was kinda sad but i shan't give anything away.... wink unless ya want me to!!! xd enjoy the sarcAstic sardonic and hilarious footnotes made by Bartimaes!!

Yes, Bartimaeus' witty footnotes are absolutely hilarious. They totally make the books.

I was also very unhappy with the ending of the third book. It made total sense and showed the respec/affectiont that Nathaniel had for his genie at the end. Still I prefer happy endings. (sniff)  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:29 pm
I have not read them yet but they are in my house currently the kids are reading them. Unfortunately they take a little longer to read books than me so I have to wait.  

Night-tears-cry

longbow_princess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:11 am
I loved the first book but here in Slovenia there is only the first one and it's really hard to get all the others in English crying  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:52 pm
I love the Bartimeus Trilogy!!! Bartimeus is the best character! The whole hierarchy of wizards and djinni is brillinat.  

bluemouse2

Toribail

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:33 pm
I love the third book. I was so sure that, what was her name, was gonna hook up with Nate!  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff