Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Recycle Bin
Who Wants to Get Serious? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pixilated Envy
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:05 pm
Lectern
I have what it takes to be on a TEAM!
Name: Lectern
I can be reached outside of Gaia: Yup! My contacts (for easy access) are:
Email: phoenon@yahoo.com
Aim: shadowwriter102
I understand Team Envy values communication. I have at least access to Meebo Chat, but realizes that Team Envy prefers me to have a messenger like MSN as well.)
I can be of assistance to Team Envy By: I do a lot of roleplaying and would say that I'm pretty good at it. School and life are not too hectic for me, so I'm online a lot. I'm also willing to help in anything that comes up. Brainstorming is great fun for me, and I love to help plan things.
I understand Team Envy needs active members who can contribute something; be it gold, artistic abilities, role playing talents, and/or an overall great personality willing to support fundraisers by chatting/bumping, etc.
I should be on Team Envy because: I'm pretty active on the Gaia and in the guild. I really want to be more active, and I'd love to help out even more. It'd be nice to meet more people and become closer to those in the guild. I like the idea of a focused group to help pick up the pace. I want this guild to be awesome, and I'm willing to work towards that.
Lectern the same thing as with Kira-- we don't want you to have too many other commitments of the ball that might divide your time as a full member. Can you let me know what committees you are already apart of?

And just to note for those who do not make it into Team Envy for being already amazingly active in the guild-- we encourage you to support the team as we strive to impact one of the rooms in a really big way!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:12 pm
Pixilated Envy
Lectern the same thing as with Kira-- we don't want you to have too many other commitments of the ball that might divide your time as a full member. Can you let me know what committees you are already apart of?

Of course. I'm a member of the Plot Committee, I'm a waiter and roleplayer in the Ethereal Bake Shop, and I'm co-hosting the January event. Those are basically the only commitments I have, though...  

Lectern
Crew

Pixilated Envy
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:16 pm
Lectern
Pixilated Envy

Of course. I'm a member of the Plot Committee, I'm a waiter and roleplayer in the Ethereal Bake Shop, and I'm co-hosting the January event. Those are basically the only commitments I have, though...
How is the plot coming along? We've been very curious. Any spoilers you can share? biggrin

I'm so glad you're taking part in the Bake shop. A few of us in team envy are looking to help give the bale sale a jump start.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:27 pm
The plot is still being worked on, but I hope it'll be posted soon. Lady Angelishia and Queen of Nowhere are still editing it (I believe), and then there are releasing it to the members of the Plot Committee for final edits. After that, it should be up. As for spoilers, I'm sworn by secrecy to remain silent. >_<

I absolutely love the idea of the Bake Shop, but it definitely needs just a bit of a jump-start. The thread looks great, and I bet the food will, too. It would be nice if we could advertise it a bit more.  

Lectern
Crew

FishSticks Boss

7,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:47 pm
Name: Fishsticks Boss
I can be reached outside of Gaia: yes (meebo (I think I lost the address) & AIM)
I understand Team Envy values communication. I have at least access to Meebo Chat, but realizes that Team Envy prefers me to have a messenger like MSN as well.)
I can be of assistance to Team Envy By: Completing the task that has been assigned to me
I understand Team Envy needs active members who can contribute something; be it gold, artistic abilities, role playing talents, and/or an overall great personality willing to support fundraisers by chatting/bumping, etc.
I should be on Team Envy because: I try my hardest in doing whatever needs to be done but also learned to be makeshift in what is not available.

User Image
Let thy dreams fly...
across the parrallel skies
Dance with thy stars and moon.

Personally I know little about such events... it is so sad. ;-;

But watch it fall...
as you tumble down the ridged stairs.
And trace back the steps you once took before

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:03 pm
thank-you envy.

I think our problem is that we have all these great ideas, but when push comes to shove, they don't go live. We REALLY i mean REALLY need to start pushing those events guys, or we will have bare minimum funds for the rooms for the ball, and I don't know about you but I don't want to let that happen.

I need gold updates from everyone who is running or has ran any kind of event. We need to make sure the next few are big, and I want that raffle up ASAP.

If things don't pick up i am starting manditory deadlines for events. If your going to plan you need to follow through or pass it on to someone who can.  

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

stupidpsycho
Crew

Dapper Elder

28,475 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:39 pm
I have what it takes to be on a TEAM! sort of
Name: stupidpsycho
I can be reached outside of Gaia:(Yes) it think. i got msn... that counts as outside right?
I can be of assistance to Team Envy with: basically most things that have to do with art (mostly editing). other then that i'm pretty much useless.
I should be on Team Envy because: this question is pretty similar to the one above it <_< ehhh... lets see. i'm only in the art committee so i'm not really spread too thin unless just being in one group is my limit. i kind of read all the threads in the guild forum so i'm pretty much aware of whats going on most of the time. not much else i can think of.

@bliss: mmm gold updates... i'm quite certain the annual ball mule has gotten over a million in miscellaneous gold donation by now(so the amount listed on the fundraising thread needs to be updated). not so sure about the amount of gold gains from the events that went through though. the events i've been watching didnt have much of a turn out and the gains are minimal. probly only the amount that was donated to start the event and was never used due to low turn out.

other: i'm thinking ya should make a mule and have everyone add it as buddy. that way ya can mass send out weekly/biweekly newsletter. that'll probly be useful in keeping everyone informed. i'm not so sure how difficult that may be though since i've never tried it myself.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:05 am
xTrueBlissx
thank-you envy.

I think our problem is that we have all these great ideas, but when push comes to shove, they don't go live. We REALLY i mean REALLY need to start pushing those events guys, or we will have bare minimum funds for the rooms for the ball, and I don't know about you but I don't want to let that happen.

I need gold updates from everyone who is running or has ran any kind of event. We need to make sure the next few are big, and I want that raffle up ASAP.

If things don't pick up i am starting manditory deadlines for events. If your going to plan you need to follow through or pass it on to someone who can.

Grandmother got ran over by a reindeer walking home from our house Christmas eve.....

I agree with Bliss, It's sad to see us go TWO months without an event.

.....You may not believe in Santa Claws, but as for me and gram-pa, we believe.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200

Ninja_of_clouds

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:01 am
Pixilated Envy
@OhayouGackto & loqi: Thanks for coming on board Team Envy biggrin

@Ninja: Trust me when I say that I have plenty of approval-- whether or not I am in the wrong forum, that part I am not entirely sure of. The ladies have a strict preference on how they like the topics arranged. I don't believe we've met. I generally prefer to work behind the scenes. I like to get things done. And I plan to do the same this year as I did last year. However, this year I am taking a more active approach and gearing up a team to help me-- and doing so early. If you're interested in coming on board I encourage you to fill out an application and let us get a chance to get to know you. ^_^

Edit : @Poy: I'm going to consider your application. I know we bumped heads a lot on the last ball-- but I am certain it was us both having lack of sleep and good intentions. I am going to need to make sure that we're not going to be clashing in our goals and projects. Via my reading I noticed you were raising funds with Blueforest? Eeek.. or was it another forest.. sorry I speed read in here a lot to catch up. So I am wondering if we would need a merger or an alliance of some sort first?

I wanted to join that's why I just wanted to check first.

Name: Ninja_Of_clouds
I can be reached outside of Gaia:Yes
I understand Team Envy values communication. I have at least access to Meebo Chat, but realizes that Team Envy prefers me to have a messenger like MSN as well.) Yep
I can be of assistance to Team Envy By: Yes
I understand Team Envy needs active members who can contribute something; be it gold, artistic abilities, role playing talents, and/or an overall great personality willing to support fundraisers by chatting/bumping, etc. Yeah.
I should be on Team Envy because:
Aye I enjoy the ball and I have the same feeling about stuff just sitting around. It really bugs me when people say oh look we are gonna do this Halloween event, and then we plan everything, but no one pushes it through....It just...Bursts my bubbles....So I want to join so we can push events through and get this ball rolling!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:06 pm
For everyone who is applying-- It is important that I stress to you what Team Envy is about so that there is no confusion. Team Envy is looking to place its prime focus on ONE ROOM. Our fundraisers and events will be focused towards that goal-- and not the ball as a whole. Our members will act as staff/artists/and consist of staff prepared to find supporters for the room we decide upon. Room hosts shall be chosen very soon-- and thus we will be gearing up to place our attention on said room.

It might be noticed that some newer faces to the guild have been accepted with less hesitation than many of you who have been in the guild for a long time. And the reason behind this is we want to make sure to not pull you away from what you have already been involved in the guild. We're trying to prevent divided loyalties-- as time is a valuable thing.

We're also wanting to make sure that everyone on the Team can get along well and enjoy working together.

Team Envy, will however, be doing our best to support all official Guild events-- assuming said event holders are serious and making every attempt for their thread to be successful.

We want to make sure that those applying are not confused-- as I know most of you are striving for the best interest of the guild as a whole!  

Pixilated Envy
Crew

Kala Kirya
Crew

3,500 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:18 pm
Ooookay, I think my earlier post disappeared. Oops? sweatdrop

In any case, I'm a peon of the Plot committee, but I don't really do much, I'm more of a sounding board. I'm also one of the Captains of the Art committee, but broken's got such a great handle on things I don't have much to do.

I'd like one place where I can actually do things, instead of standing around treading water and waiting for something to do. ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:53 pm
Wow... TEAM ENVY has sparked a lot of interest.  

OhayouGackto

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:56 pm
Poyudi Hytori
xTrueBlissx
thank-you envy.

Grandmother got ran over by a reindeer walking home from our house Christmas eve.....

I agree with Bliss, It's sad to see us go TWO months without an event.

.....You may not believe in Santa Claws, but as for me and gram-pa, we believe.

we have just over two mill right now on the annual ball mule, not counting anything that may have not been sent from past events heart  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:59 am
LOL. Judging from the reaction, looks like there are really a lot of people serious in giving their all for the Guild. Just that real life kicked everyone on the shin. Real hard. xd Hopefully things will get better. 3nodding  

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Pixilated Envy
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:08 am
Kala Kirya
Ooookay, I think my earlier post disappeared. Oops? sweatdrop

In any case, I'm a peon of the Plot committee, but I don't really do much, I'm more of a sounding board. I'm also one of the Captains of the Art committee, but broken's got such a great handle on things I don't have much to do.

I'd like one place where I can actually do things, instead of standing around treading water and waiting for something to do. ^_^
Ah, I see. A lot of hats with no where to wear them to, right? I've always enjoyed conversing with you over the time that I've known you. I'm going to converse with Panda regarding you joining. He's always my voice of reason when it comes to things like this. And together we will determine if we think your roles will hinder you in any way from being a strong force in team envy.

The same to be said for Stupidpsycho! Being on the art team is a big responsibility and is likely one of the more pre-dominate things we will be needing from you-- as well as helping to staff during the ball (of course).  
Recycle Bin

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff