Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Recycle Bin
Jack Frost's Ice Castle. [Beta Thread] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:11 am
jessieomer
I think the font needs to be darker. Its kind of hard to read.

It's a Winter Wonder Land...

I changed the The font's Color from Cyan to DarkCyan. Tell me what you think of it now. ^.^

...So slip and fall so I can see another color besides Blue outside.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:18 am

Okay EVERYONE! This Event Goes LIVE Tomorrow January 3rd! Please ready yourselves, And Co-Hosts please report in by posting at least one post in this forum so I know your still with me.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Lectern
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:59 am
Still alive! I think the Dark Cyan looks great, and I like the new title. Should I/we prepare snow-esque avatars for the event?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:04 am
Lectern
Still alive! I think the Dark Cyan looks great, and I like the new title. Should I/we prepare snow-esque avatars for the event?

Yeah, Ice or Snow Themed Avatars would be cool. If you are able too.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Lectern
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:26 am
Alright, I can work on that. I found a few spelling errors in the first paragraph and somewhat throughtout. Mostly it's something minute, but here's what I found for the first paragraph: (Mistakes changed in red)

After receiving a mystery party invite to Jack's Castle, we wandered in only to see that no one was home. Well, we we(No apostrophe here)re invited so we decided to throw a party here ourselves!

Also, you mention the 'Bride' spots and I'm wondering if they should be 'Bribe' or not. Sorry for being a bit critical. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:33 pm
I'll love you to death...

Am I aloud to join any contests even if I'm a co-host?User Image

...'Nuff said.

Ace Unknown

6,650 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:39 pm

@Lectern: be as critical as you like, I'll make the spelling and grammar corrections before we go live. And what do you mean by that question?

@Ace: No sorry Ace, Many people would believe that the contest was fixed if a member of the staff won the contest.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:21 pm
You mention the 'Bride' spots for the affliates and that they can buy their way into the 'Bride' spots. SHould it be 'Bribe' instead of 'Bride'?

Also, are we going to help in judging the pictures and poetry? If you don't want it to be too hectic, maybe you could pick your top 3 and send it them to us for the final vote.  

Lectern
Crew

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:25 pm

Oh! I see, the db switched. xD I didn't even notice it until just now.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:30 pm

Yeah, I think I'll pick like the best 3 or 5 and then hear who you two think should be the winner.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Lectern
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:30 pm
This will probably be my avatar that I'm using during th event. It's kinda wintery. XD Could you change the avatar picture for my name?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:32 pm

I don't have to change it. It does so automatically whenever your avatar changes.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Lectern
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 pm
I'm working on a final major edit, but it's taking me awhile. I asked about the avatar because it has changed yet (maybe I'm being impatient XD). I should have the edit done by the meeting tonight. I hope to see you guys there.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:28 pm

You picture changed as soon as your avatar is. Your just not loading the new picture on your computer.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Lectern
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:33 pm
((If a letter is the same, then it probably is a capitalization change. Some of the changes were just based off of my opinion. Go ahead and keep/change anything you'd like.))

Well, we we(No apostrophe here)re invited so we decided to throw a party here ourselves!

The party takes place in the main ball(No space here)room on the first floor, however, guests are free to explore any part of the castle. We just ask that you stay out of the second floor, which has the master bedroom and bath, as well as a few locked doors we can't get open anyway. If you wish to sleep here, there is bedrooms set up on the third floor in a bunch of empty rooms we found.

1. Follow the site rules.
2. No flaming. The snow might melt.
3. Please keep spam to a minimum.
4. No quote towers or stretching the page.
5. No quoting the first page.
6. There are no refunds with the contests(No comme here) or donations.
7. Have winter time fun!

The Annual Ball is a user-run event that has, year after year, made Gaia history! We were the first user-run event ever, and since then we have gained so much from Gaia and gave so much to it. Last year was a large event that many people had fun at! This coming year is sure to be even bigger.

Blue Forest has been with the Annual Ball since the 6th ball. They work on raising funds (both gold and items.) for the Annual Ball. This year they hope to raise over 5 Million for the 8th Annual Ball, which will mean that the Annual Ball will be able to give out more prizes and be better then it was last year. So, please drop on by and donate some gold and items to help them out!

Jack's Castle seems to have weird Snowflakes, there are two of each kind. Well, naturally we thought of doing a lottery with them. You get one numbered snowflake, and the same numbered one goes into the pile. At the end we draw a Snowflake and the person with the match wins!

Winner picked on Jan 30th by Gaia's random number.

Please send order to Poyudi Hytori, PM(And Trade) titled "Snowflake Lottery."

Include how many snowflakes(no commas) and then send the trade. Once the trade clears, your snowflakes will be added.

50% of snowflakes sales are added to the jackpot.

Jack Frost likes poetry, or so we hear, and this Ice Castle seems to be a great place to make some great poems. So, we're doing a Poetry contest! Send in your best (or worst) poems to us to be judged! (Winners picked on Jan 30th.)

You can bribe us with more gold a day to get a higher spot.

We also have a special bribe spot! Right in the first post, the spot starts at 20,000 gold, and you stay there until someone pays more then you. (No refunds if you've stayed in the bride spot for more then one day.)

Current amount being paid, and amount of days left are shown under the ad. All ads must be in banner format 200x40. Only bribe spot may be bigger then that.  
Recycle Bin

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff