Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 03. ✿ - - - Role Playing
Roleplay training course (First time roleplayers must see!!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lieutenant Shotgun

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:19 pm
Leave. this isn't for play. Unless you have something relevant to say, back off.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:58 pm
ade2
AND NOW I SAY THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THIS FORUM!!!!... which way to the bathroom?

Really? Could you not think of any advice for novice RP posters?  

SorceressJacklyn

Blessed Prophet

12,975 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Lieutenant Shotgun

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:39 pm
THESE ARE THE MOST ANNOYING THINGS EVER.

Don't be an a** when you choose the part your character has.

A perfect example is The Magic Within, a roleplay in this guild. There are, like, fifteen "crystal bearers" which have to be girls, and around five protectors. EVERY CRYSTAL BEARER IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE A PROTECTOR. Because YOU GIRLS won't GET OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE and play a BOY, the whole ******** thing is screwed up! AND, WE HAVE THREE CORIPIOS.

Now, back to topic. You can't rely on everyone else to have the less glamorous parts, or to play a boy or something. You aren't a princess, not everything needs to be handed to you on a silver plate.

It is really annoying, because then the more experienced roleplayers--or more flexible roleplayers--have to cover for you.

Don't choose a part just because it makes your character "special." Get it?

And, another example, ade2's new roleplay, BREAK OUT. There are tons of prisoners--which are all FEMALE!!!!--and, like, two guards (one female) and one cop. - _ -; Grow up!

Also, if you want your character to be famous, you shouldn't make them nice, or they should be stupid, or they should be bad a sports or something. That's a MARY SUE / GARY LOU (?). EVERYONE HATES THOSE.

That brings me to another topic.

Don't be a Rapunzel.

This is a metaphor... Anyway.

In Rapunzel, Rapunzel gets trapped in a tower, waiting for a prince to save her. In fact, almost all princesses are like that.

So, what I'm saying is that if you're playing a girl that has a crush on a boy or vice versa, the object of affection shouldn't just ignore everything. It's horribly boring--and embarrassing--when people do that.

It makes people feel stupid to push for romance when the other person isn't listening.

AND ANOTHER

Don't make romance between your characters.

That is really boring and irritating. I admit to doing that one of the first times I roleplayed (well, my boy character liked my girl character), but I haven't done it since. If you want romance between two characters so badly, ask another person to play the other end of the couple. Easier said than done, yes, because it's embarrassing, but that's better than being scowled and hissed at.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:47 pm
^
l
l
l

To make it clear to you, Lt Shotgun, there isn't gonna be any romance between my two characters in The Magic Within. And I'm working on a Coripio as I type this now. So i win. lol  

SorceressJacklyn

Blessed Prophet

12,975 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Lieutenant Shotgun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:38 am
SorceressJacklyn
^
l
l
l

To make it clear to you, Lt Shotgun, there isn't gonna be any romance between my two characters in The Magic Within. And I'm working on a Coripio as I type this now. So i win. lol

Oh, I know. You're cool like that.

In Chess Pieces, Olivia and Daisuke's "romance" is quite... REALLY ******** AWESOME  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:42 am
Lieutenant Shotgun
SorceressJacklyn
^
l
l
l

In Chess Pieces, Olivia and Daisuke's "romance" is quite... REALLY ******** AWESOME

Thank you very much. Hester Peche and I have been talking in PM to each other about it. We're so evil when we're a team. twisted  

SorceressJacklyn

Blessed Prophet

12,975 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Lieutenant Shotgun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:45 am
SorceressJacklyn
Lieutenant Shotgun
SorceressJacklyn
^
l
l
l

Thank you very much. Hester Peche and I have been talking in PM to each other about it. We're so evil when we're a team. twisted

x3

Super-sexy sleep voice... ;D  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:49 am
Lieutenant Shotgun
SorceressJacklyn
Lieutenant Shotgun
SorceressJacklyn
^
l
l
l

x3

Super-sexy sleep voice... ;D

yes. i hear it's muy sexy  

SorceressJacklyn

Blessed Prophet

12,975 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Hester Peche

Perfect Genius

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:50 pm
SorceressJacklyn
Lieutenant Shotgun
SorceressJacklyn
^
l
l
l

I concur vehemently with that statement... twisted  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:53 am
Hester Peche
SorceressJacklyn
Lieutenant Shotgun
SorceressJacklyn
^
l
l
l

I concur vehemently with that statement... twisted

We're so horrible together! twisted  

SorceressJacklyn

Blessed Prophet

12,975 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300

SorceressJacklyn

Blessed Prophet

12,975 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:06 pm
Working with other Players

You will run into instances where certain activities with another character will dramatically affect that character. Good examples are:
*violence
*sex
*rape
*kidnapping
*etc
Proper manners dictate you talk between yourself and the other player to come to an effective solution to the further posts. And always, ask permission before doing something serious to another player's character.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:24 pm
Okay I got to say when I started to Rp I would do stuff like------
*picks up paper*
But now I know better than that and I feel childish when I go back to that form.
I agree if you want to do something like kidnap another player you should pm them first because in one form my character got kidnapped and I was so no expecting that so some confusion there.

And before I did not know what god-modding is so I asked a friend so I didnt do something wrong and I found out so If you dont know what that is then ask someone or just go Google it.  

minisailormon

Lieutenant Shotgun

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:48 pm
God modding is oft seen acting like God.

But it really isn't. It's killing, kidnapping (as Sailor said), etc., without asking the person you are doing that to, or controlling another person's character somehow.

I'm glad you stopped doing that, Sailor. ^^ We all start somewhere!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:18 pm
Ugh, who the hell unstickied this?!  

Lieutenant Shotgun

03. ✿ - - - Role Playing

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out