Reply Rude Discussion
Ska'd up on the tv Screen. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilentPalpatine

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:11 pm
It's not a ska refrence but on the trailer for the movie Slither, Big Sky by The Reverend Horton Heat is playing.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:56 am
Well as for 'ska' on national televison...

Suburban Legends is doing a t.v. pilot
Not to mention they will be on G4 Tech TV on April 20th!  

The Murmur

Electric Uncle Akuma

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:47 pm
Mystical9Ball
Well as for 'ska' on national televison...

ebijreiaougfb43ifnwjcn4sif4oenfuesnrv5d

WHAT WHAT WHAT!? O_O

Suburban Legends TV show!?

Can't wait for that G4. =D  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:15 pm
Mystical9Ball

FO REAL?!? Damn, I gotta start watching tv more.  

McHuggies

The Murmur

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:42 pm
McHuggies
Mystical9Ball

Yeah. I was in the pilot biggrin
And I snached one of the pilot scripts too hehe pirate
They're shooting the last part in a week I believe.
I can tell you this... You'll love the show, and even if it doesn't make it to national tv they will still sell it at the merch booth at concerts so you'll still be able to see it ^^

If anyone has any questions they wanna ask 'bout some Suburban Legends stuff, like upcoming song/ideas they have you're always welcome to PM me. Only reason why I know lots is cuz I go to their studio every Sunday to play w/ Derek and then hangout with him and Phil. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:50 am
Mystical9Ball
McHuggies
Mystical9Ball

I can tell you this... You'll love the show, and even if it doesn't make it to national tv they will still sell it at the merch booth at concerts so you'll still be able to see it ^^

If anyone has any questions they wanna ask 'bout some Suburban Legends stuff, like upcoming song/ideas they have you're always welcome to PM me. Only reason why I know lots is cuz I go to their studio every Sunday to play w/ Derek and then hangout with him and Phil. sweatdrop

Not that I need anymore reason to go to a SL concert, but I'll totally pick one of those up!... Now all I need to do is beg my friend Ryan to either let me crash at his place or pick up a copy for me... I live in Canada about 1073 miles north of you guys, which is one long assed roadtrip.

Man, that's awesome that you got in the pilot and "borrowed" a script too. Not only that, but you hangout in the freakin studio with them! It's like you're famous and that makes me slightly more cool because I know you... which sounds pretty sad when you think about it neutral  

McHuggies

UreshiiNyoko

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:17 pm
....*brain implodes* eek

what exactly is this G4 that you speak of and how can I get it out in NY?! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:44 pm
McHuggies
Mystical9Ball
McHuggies
Mystical9Ball

Not that I need anymore reason to go to a SL concert, but I'll totally pick one of those up!... Now all I need to do is beg my friend Ryan to either let me crash at his place or pick up a copy for me... I live in Canada about 1073 miles north of you guys, which is one long assed roadtrip.

Man, that's awesome that you got in the pilot and "borrowed" a script too. Not only that, but you hangout in the freakin studio with them! It's like you're famous and that makes me slightly more cool because I know you... which sounds pretty sad when you think about it neutral

Hahaha. You make it sound so special.

Well... You know if you'd like I could always get you a copy of the pilot when they're finished with it and send it to you. If thats cool with you that is. It'd save you a long a** trip and you would get it sooner than if you had to drive down.

One of the reasons I hangout with Derek soo much is because he's helping me with my ska band. He's teaching me how to record/loop/edit, you know the basics of editing recordings. But most of the time we get sidetracked and just walk down to the Taqueria down the street or to the 7-11 or even just play a few games of Halo 2 XD  

The Murmur

McHuggies

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:04 am
Mystical9Ball
Hahaha. You make it sound so special.

Well... You know if you'd like I could always get you a copy of the pilot when they're finished with it and send it to you. If thats cool with you that is. It'd save you a long a** trip and you would get it sooner than if you had to drive down.

One of the reasons I hangout with Derek soo much is because he's helping me with my ska band. He's teaching me how to record/loop/edit, you know the basics of editing recordings. But most of the time we get sidetracked and just walk down to the Taqueria down the street or to the 7-11 or even just play a few games of Halo 2 XD

Hellz yeah, that'd be mighty kind of ya! My e-mail is MC_Huggies@hotmail
just tell me when (if) you can send one and we'll talk business... because we all know SL tv pilots are serious business xd

Maybe 7-11's and Halo 2 are actually a secret recording cornerstone for Derek?...
lol My band can barely come up with a name for a song let alone have any knowledge in recording one. Luckily, my dad used to be in a serious band and they made a pretty quaint recording studio in a basement. All I really want to do is make like an ep, as a momento. We're more into hanging out to jam then anything really sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:23 pm
On canada and ska:
I was playing the upright bass in the music room one time and this canadian teacher was subbing the class. I started playing a catch 22 song and he started humming the horn section parts. Then we started what was an hour long conversation about ska and how awesome canada is.  

Red-Baron

Electric Uncle Akuma

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:09 pm
******** D:
I missed SL. DX

Will it be on again, like a re-run or something? ;o;  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:54 pm
Electric Uncle Akuma
I missed SL. DX

Will it be on again, like a re-run or something? ;o;

If you missed their G4 time heres the stream of it:
http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/videos/index.html  

The Murmur

McHuggies

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:43 pm
Y'know what's great about seeing SL play? Their showmanship. Most ska bands I've seen just have the horn section play their bit and fade into the back somewhere only to surface again when their part comes up. SL keeps them in the game and adds to the overall live experience. Perhaps it's not for everyone, but I like it biggrin

...and yeah, I missed the show too, but I'll check it out as soon as I can sad  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:20 pm
Maimi Ink has Funky Kingston by the Maytals as their threme song.  

Two Tone Charlie

SilentPalpatine

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:11 pm
On a episode of Gilmore Girls one kid is skanking to Rancid's Time Bomb I think, and the mom tell her something like, "Would you stop skanking to Rancid."  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff