Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Closed and starting a new Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your soul is a/n
  Angel
  Demon
View Results

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:57 am
I love your plaque! When you really start losing weight, the trick is that you won't really notice that it's hard when you're done. And that I think is the key to losing it permanently.

I can hardly imagine what I did to gain all the weight I did (like 65 lbs! And I was no pixie when I started!) If I didn't remember, I wouldn't understand. : |

<3 You'll do very well!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:23 pm
thanks i had fun making it. i have one for every 5 pounds i lose to my goal. biggrin

from what i've been told in the past . its the first couple of weeks to a month, that are the hardest. seeing it takes around 21 to make or break a habit. so once you get past that first 21 days its easy to loss the weight because your set in a new way of eating and working out.

i know why i gained my weight. two reason really. well maybe three...
in grade school K-5th grade i was a runty little stick. because the school food sucked so i never ate anything, and we had recess so anything i did eat got burned off.

in middle school 6-8th, they got rid of recess. and the school food got better. so i would eat but wouldn't burn as much of it off. and i hit puberty. i was a little over weight when i left 8th grade. around 130-140lb

then 9-12th grade that food was over the moon good. and i stopped going out side and doing things. because i had lots of homework. next thing i know i'm 180lb...

thanks ^_^  

Nolone

Nolone

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:57 am
Date: December, 18 2009

Day: 12

Weight:173.5

Breakfast Calorie in take:
180 cal

Lunch Calorie in take:
370 cal

Dinner Calorie in take:

Snack Calorie in take:
15 cal

Daily Calorie in take:
1025 cal

Water in take:
5 cups

Excursive:
does cleaning count?

My Thought on the Day: where does burned fat go?

i'm spending today cleaning... i have a lot of work to do... sweatdrop

every time i kill what i think is the last fruit fly it seems anther one seems to span in it place!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:30 am
Date: December, 19 2009

Day: 13

Weight:174.5

didn't get to eat, my mom showed up before i could grab something

Lunch Calorie in take:
500 cal

Dinner Calorie in take:
300 cal

Snack Calorie in take:
100 cal
55 cal
160 cal

Daily Calorie in take:
1115 cal

Water in take:
6 cups

Excursive:
move fire wood from wood stacks out in the yard to the wood stack in the garage.

my Dad worked me through an upper body workout. pain....

My Thought on the Day:i'm at my parents house for the next couple of days. i always gain weight when i come home. so i have to watch everything i eat and do.  

Nolone

Nolone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:54 am
Date: December, 20 2009

Day: 14

Weight:175 LB

200 cal

Lunch Calorie in take:
190 cal

Dinner Calorie in take:
670 cal

Snack Calorie in take:
180 cal

Daily Calorie in take:
1240 cal

Water in take:
5 cup

Excursive:
i can't move my arms from yesterday.... so no work out today

My Thought on the Day:i gained 2 pounds in two days WTF!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:12 am
2 pounds? :0 There could be loads of good reasons why, don't freak out :] .

Maybe you gained more muscle? Muscle weighs more than fat
You could just need to poo D:
Possibly time for your period to start?
Weighed yourself at different times in the day?  

Ligand

Nolone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:19 am
Sentida
2 pounds? :0 There could be loads of good reasons why, don't freak out :] .

Maybe you gained more muscle? Muscle weighs more than fat
You could just need to poo D:
Possibly time for your period to start?
Weighed yourself at different times in the day?

I hope its muscle... neutral
I went before i weighed in...
My Birth control, makes it so i no longer have periods. haven't had one in 4 years.
i weigh myself in the morning after i go to the bath room and before i eat anything... neutral  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:21 am

Please realize, water weight can cause a fluctuation in your current weight. Don't worry. You're doing fine. Congrats on your 5lbs. biggrin

Anbaachan

Nolone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:23 am
Date: December 21, 2009

Day:15

Weight: 176.5

290 cal

Lunch Calorie in take:
335 cal

Dinner Calorie in take:
525 cal

Snack Calorie in take:

Daily Calorie in take:
1150 cal

Water in take:
2 cups

Excursive:
none really

My Thought on the Day: i woke up with a headache...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:13 am

I'm sorry. Waking up with a headache just kinda ruins the day. I hope you feel better.

Anbaachan

Ligand

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:37 am
At 5'5 , 170 pounds, age 23, female your BMR(http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/) is around 1600 calories. That more or less means, if you were in a coma for an entire day and never moved your body would burn 1600 calories. In order to maintain your weight you should be eating well over that amount of calories. . .

I've noticed you haven't been eating anywhere near that and that's not really healthy for you. :[ When you eat below your BMR your body gets rid of MUSCLE not FAT because muscle is heavier and requires more energy. ANy weight you lose from starving yourself is just your body getting rid mof more an more muscle. > sad

Weight loss isn't just about calorie counting :[ It's about making healthy choices. You can have 2,000 calories a day eating the RIGHT foods and exercising. 1200 :[is far too low for you :X!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:50 am
Sentida
At 5'5 , 170 pounds, age 23, female your BMR(http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/) is around 1600 calories. That more or less means, if you were in a coma for an entire day and never moved your body would burn 1600 calories. In order to maintain your weight you should be eating well over that amount of calories. . .

I've noticed you haven't been eating anywhere near that and that's not really healthy for you. :[ When you eat below your BMR your body gets rid of MUSCLE not FAT because muscle is heavier and requires more energy. ANy weight you lose from starving yourself is just your body getting rid mof more an more muscle. > sad

Weight loss isn't just about calorie counting :[ It's about making healthy choices. You can have 2,000 calories a day eating the RIGHT foods and exercising. 1200 :[is far too low for you :X!

key word in your first paragraph is maintain... i don't want to maintain i want to loss...

My mom is in RN for 35 years no less and my dad is a part time weight lifter and i've talked it over with them. and they both feel what i'm doing is safe and healthy and i trust my parents more than anyone...

and i'm not starving myself, i'm eating, i'm just eating more filling foods that are low in calories. carrots, mini wheats, soups, fruits, skinless chicken. things like that...

i've done my home work and for my goal, 1200 to 1300 calories a day is fine.

go here... http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/calories-goal.php  

Nolone

Ligand

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:31 pm
Well look, I'm not going to argue with you about it. I'm just saying you could and should be eating more while achieving the same results. You may eat how you like.

Doctor approved site:
http://www.fat2fitradio.com/

Legitimate Calculator:
http://nutrition.about.com/library/bl_nutrition_need_results.htm?start=1£s_100=100£s_10=70£s=0&dpounds_100=100&dpounds_10=30&dpounds=0&years=NaN&inches=65&years=23&page=4  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:46 pm
Sentida
Well look, I'm not going to argue with you about it. I'm just saying you could and should be eating more while achieving the same results. You may eat how you like.

Doctor approved site:

Legitimate Calculator:
unless]http://nutrition.about.com/library/bl_nutrition_need_results.htm?start=1£s_100=100£s_10=70£s=0&dpounds_100=100&dpounds_10=30&dpounds=0&years=NaN&inches=65&years=23&page=4
unless i add more dressing to my salads 1600 cal not going to happen ... if i add one more carrot in to the mix may pop my gut rolleyes

you fail to see that i'm eating ALOT of food in that 1200 cal. its just healthy low cal filling foods. and i'm not going to eat if i'm not hunger just to up my cal intake.  

Nolone

Ligand

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:23 pm
Nolone
Sentida

Doctor approved site:

Legitimate Calculator:
unless]http://nutrition.about.com/library/bl_nutrition_need_results.htm?start=1£s_100=100£s_10=70£s=0&dpounds_100=100&dpounds_10=30&dpounds=0&years=NaN&inches=65&years=23&page=4
unless i add more dressing to my salads 1600 cal not going to happen ... if i add one more carrot in to the mix may pop my gut rolleyes

you fail to see that i'm eating ALOT of food in that 1200 cal. its just healthy low cal filling foods. and i'm not going to eat if i'm not hunger just to up my cal intake.Your journal only includes calories rather than the foods you consume, so naturally I'd only see the 1200 calories. But as I said earlier, you do not at all have to consider my advice. It is your body and you may do as you see fit with it.  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff