Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Recycle Bin
January event. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:12 pm
Lectern
Well, we can edit the contest then to just make it a drawing of a snowman. I don't think he'd mind. I don't like the idea of cancelling. If people are willing to help out, then there wouldn't be reason not to have an event. The date isn't too much of an issue either. We didn't want it to overlap with the December event, and I don't think it needs to start on a certain date.

Well it can overlap, that is much easier. This wasn't the only place to plan anyways. Oh well Sara always hijacks the events so go on.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:51 am
Grandmother got ran over by a reindeer walking home from our house Christmas eve.....

Wow Dustin did you ever get upset fast. No one was doing an event, so I thought it'd be no big deal to do one myself. Btw, I really didn't like coming back on Gaia only to see such a rude comment on my profile. None of those contests were meant to be the ones to go live. I made them up in seconds to finish the formatting of the layout. I had planed on taking out the snowman one, or changing it into something else. Oh and what happened to when you telling me a month or two ago when you said that I didn't need to "Ask permission to do an event or fundraiser."?

And besides all that, I did "Earlier" Say that if anyone else wanted to host it, that I would step down and let them host it. I was just making a Beta Thread for you guys to use.

.....You may not believe in Santa Claws, but as for me and gram-pa, we believe.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:19 am
Whatever. Jeez, you know what, host this event i don't really care. The way you said that you were taking over the event was rude, without even asking me or any contest committee captains or coordinators. We were most likely going to cancel this event anyways. Also when i told you you don't need permission, well that was when i was thinking you were just going to start up fundraising. I never said anything about event.

If you noticed my first post after yours was actually a jk post but obviously you guys didn't take it as it and started to piss me off.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:55 pm
Grandmother got ran over by a reindeer walking home from our house Christmas eve.....

Rude? Dustin, what I did is nothing compared to somethings you've done before. Even just within the last few days the amount of rude comments you've have posted in this thread, and the rude comment you posted in my profile. So excuse me for not being Psychic enough to know that you were "Thinking" about not doing the event. Excuse me for trying to get an event started and off the ground that I thought you wanted.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:06 pm
Poyudi Hytori

Rude? Dustin, what I did is nothing compared to somethings you've done before. Even just within the last few days the amount of rude comments you've have posted in this thread, and the rude comment you posted in my profile. So excuse me for not being Psychic enough to know that you were "Thinking" about not doing the event. Excuse me for trying to get an event started and off the ground that I thought you wanted.

I said i don't care anymore, now drop the subject. Obviously if you read what I was saying those were not rude, those were the plans. well who cares now, not me. Host this event i don't care, i meant my first post as a joke (sorry if you didn't take it that away) Then someone yelled at me for it, it pissed me off then i started looking over everything and saw a contest that would of not been able to work with everyone. SO sorry if I sounded rude.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:56 am

Look Dustin, The only thing I didn't like, Is you posting a comment to my profile saying that when you could of just as easily posted it here or in the beta thread. (So in the future, PLEASE don't do that again.)

And about the "jk" parts of your posts, you do know no one can tell what you intended with it, Right? It's not like we can hear your voice, or see your face to tell if your kidding or not. So like most people naturally would, every one assumed you really meant it. (And I couldn't tell if you meant it, or if you were joking around, So rather then have someone being pissed at me for assuming it was a joke, I took it serious. Although the part of going "Wow you got mad fast" Was me kidding around with you.)

My last post was a tired reaction to being called Rude. And so for that post I will say that I am Sorry. I won't offer some kind of excuse for that post, I will only say that I regret having posted it.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:49 pm
ok guys please just calm down.

Dustin I believe Poy was just trying to help make the event go live, just incase you were busy or didn't have the time to complete this. I do understand that you are hurt that you feel that he took over, and i'm not sure exactly what happened with PM's or such asking if you needed help however you must remember dear that Poy just wanted to help the guild as a whole by making the event go live.

I guess all i'm saying is that we need to work together more and try to communicate better. We need to decide what is best for the guild as a whole and roll with it. We need to support eachothers threads instead of becomming so concerned with our own projects that the events will not be sucessful due to noone showing up.

I must admit I am a bit disappointed in what went on in this thread.

I really want the January event to go live, and i'm sure many other people in this guild do too. It would make me so happy if you could put aside your differences and try to work together.

After all, isn't that what this season is all about?

How about we combine some of the ideas for both of the threads together?

Catch me up on what you would like to see happen in this thread, and we can start it after the holidayz one just so we have a few extra days time to get it together and patch things up ok? ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:50 am

Thanks Bliss, But I'm pretty sure the problem was solved already. And the only Ideas I've seen Dustin put in for this event is the date he wanted it to start, and that the snowman contest was a bad idea. Pretty much as soon as I or someone comes up with a replacement contest. It can go live. It's really a matter of if it has enough support. I also wanted to say thanks, because now that I know were you stand on this. I don't feel so iffe on hosting the event myself.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:59 pm
yes, since the holidays event never went live, we will really need to count on this one and the feb event.

I am hoping to get strong support on this event, hopefully we can have contributions from everyone chatting and being active in the thread <3  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:34 pm
xTrueBlissx
yes, since the holidays event never went live, we will really need to count on this one and the feb event.

I am hoping to get strong support on this event, hopefully we can have contributions from everyone chatting and being active in the thread <3

No What I was disappointed about was that he never asked me or the other contest captain if we were still able to run the event. He just assumed that that we weren't when for all anyone knows we could of been planning it. I said already I don't care. I am sick of this ball as no one is organized, it is messier then when it started. Nothing is being done. The news room seems to be the only one trying anything but hijacked basically a well-planned out event that was for december. Yes angel was going to have hers go live until the newsroom took over. Poy you can host, i don't have time for this right now.  

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:52 am

Hey, I never meant to take the December event away from angel. The one I made was not meant to be our main event. All it was intended for was to get a little advertising out there for us. We've run more then one event at a time before.

*Sighs.* At this point, I feel like Dustin is looking for a reason to piss me off.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:13 am
Poyudi Hytori

Hey, I never meant to take the December event away from angel. The one I made was not meant to be our main event. All it was intended for was to get a little advertising out there for us. We've run more then one event at a time before.

*Sighs.* At this point, I feel like Dustin is looking for a reason to piss me off.

I was not trying to piss you off. I just said what I felt in this last post. I am not trying to piss you off.  

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:37 am

What you felt? So you don't even know if it was the actual reason Broken didn't do her event, and your blaming me!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:10 pm
Guys settle.

My reason for not doing the event is in the event forum. Poy, thank you for at least doing something for December as I was unable to. I am grateful for you stepping in.

Dustin, Poy wasn't the reason I didn't do the December event. And even though he did make a thread and such, I would have still done it and connected them any ways. So there is no need to blame Poy for that.

Now as for the issue on hand. The January event. Get what needs to be done, with out arguing, and set it up before the dates. If you need my help just ask via pm. If you need ideas ask the guild, ask some captains, ask random people. If you need artwork for it ask for it in the Art HQ. I need to give my little workers something to do. =3=

Alright. Are we done here?

Exchange apologizes, forgive and get to work.  

broken_bleeding_angel
Crew

Desirable Sex Symbol

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:39 am

I'm so glad that I wasn't the reason. Dustin made me worry about it.

Recycle Bin

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff