Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Recycle Bin
February Event Planning Thread (Moved) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How long do you think this event should last?
  One week
  Two weeks
  Three weeks
  A month
View Results

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:12 pm
Kala Kirya: I've thought of that too. However, if you're talking about a fundraising activity, wouldn't Gaians just send items through the Gift System? However, I'm thinking of making a gift system for Valentines Card Making Service, Flower Sale, Fortune Cookies and Have a Heart and Sale. But it's just for fun and leisure, or inter-guild, or if it might work through past experiences, then yes. ^^ But it's still a great idea, thank you.

Dustin: I don't mind handing the auction over to the contest committee, especially that some of you might have some experience over running an auction. But can you and your committee get it done by the time of the event? Don't take it the wrong way, I'm not doubting any of you guys. But after what happened with HoliDaze, I'm not really taking any chances. I really do want and appreciate your help. ^^

Envy: Thank you so much for all the ideas. ^^ They're really great and helps me gather my thoughts a little. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:58 am
Shunatsu
Kala Kirya: I've thought of that too. However, if you're talking about a fundraising activity, wouldn't Gaians just send items through the Gift System? However, I'm thinking of making a gift system for Valentines Card Making Service, Flower Sale, Fortune Cookies and Have a Heart and Sale. But it's just for fun and leisure, or inter-guild, or if it might work through past experiences, then yes. ^^ But it's still a great idea, thank you.

Dustin: I don't mind handing the auction over to the contest committee, especially that some of you might have some experience over running an auction. But can you and your committee get it done by the time of the event? Don't take it the wrong way, I'm not doubting any of you guys. But after what happened with HoliDaze, I'm not really taking any chances. I really do want and appreciate your help. ^^

Envy: Thank you so much for all the ideas. ^^ They're really great and helps me gather my thoughts a little. XD

I ran one las year while i was on fundraising, I can whip one up again. I just will use a mule so I know how much funds I actually have.  

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:12 am
Sure then. ^^ Just go ahead after we discuss more about it during the Meebo meeting. I'll be glad to have you hosting it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:27 am
Grandmother got ran over by a reindeer walking home from our house Christmas eve.....

I can help host it, or run any of the contests with ease. I can also make the banners for you and make a Thread Layout for you. Just thought I'd post telling you. If you need someone to do those things, I'll do it for you.

.....You may not believe in Santa Claws, but as for me and gram-pa, we believe.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:38 am
Yes, I do need all those help. sweatdrop Thank you very, very much for offering your help, Poyudi. However, I think we should wait until the upcoming Meebo meeting to decide. I understand that you're really, really very busy (with all the events that you're hosting), so I think we can give others a chance and lessen the burden on you.

But if no one decides on doing whatever you stated in the above... I'll gladly appreciate your help. ^^ Once again, thank you for offering your help so willingly. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:13 am
Grandmother got ran over by a reindeer walking home from our house Christmas eve.....

Your very welcome. I was thinking you'd probably want to wait and see if anyone else wants to offer.

.....You may not believe in Santa Claws, but as for me and gram-pa, we believe.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:34 pm
I will help you host the February event if you'd like. As it seems I can get along with you just fine.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:29 pm
do a quiz fro people to know  

beyonce bff

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:23 pm
Dustin: I would love to have you host some of the events (especially the standalone ones, which I need more help with). =D It would be great for someone experienced to help out. But I think we should wait until the Meebo meeting, just to see if there are others who are also willing to host some of the events. =) I do hope we continue that way xd , getting along well. I really, really don't like getting into arguments.

Poyudi: Thank you for understanding. ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:43 am
What do you want me to do for the valentine's auction? I think maybe gather up services, place them on different tables, then people can bid on the tables. Whoever has the highest bid per table gets all the services on that table free (minus the money the paid to the event mule which will go to the annual ball.)  

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:35 pm
User Image
I will draw you flowers and perhaps some valentines. May I have more specifics please?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:30 am
Dustin: Can you elaborate? Like how we separate with tables and such. But from what I see from your post, it sounds like an idea. Also, you might want to discuss with your committee about this. ^^ If you allow, I'll drop by your committee to see what's going on, and help around and offer suggestions.

Greeninkling: Thank you so much for offering your help! For the flower sale, here's the link. Which Valentines event are you talking about?

One more thing I have to add just in case anyone missed the first post: I'm looking for co-hosts for the event, if anyone's interested. It's not in a hurry, but I just thought I'd mention it. =)  

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:50 pm
I've decided to focus a little on the contests in this thread for the moment, as it takes up a relatively short time to decide a few things and get them up and focusing on the standalone events.

What should be the theme for the drawing and story-writing contest?

That's all that's left to decide.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:51 am
What I mean by seperation of tables here is an example:

post1:

-Bumping service
--Shops name
--How many bumps they will do
--Specifications the shop will do.

-Art
--Username of artist
--What types of art they can do
--What they can't/refuse to do:

-Bumping service
--Shops name
--How many bumps they will do
--Specifications the shop will do.

-Art
--Username of artist
--What types of art they can do
--What they can't/refuse to do:

Current bid:

Same with the rest of the tables but might be different services.  

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:16 pm
It's okay for me. ^^ How many services are we going to have?  
Recycle Bin

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff