Shin's verminious fellas Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:38 am
Damn, I really like those fillers. And pretty clever as well, making them into little dioramas to add more flavour to a unit. I like the backstabbing slave, a nice touch.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:20 am
Thanks~

I'm still thinking for one to make for my future stormvermin... I know what to use for my giant rats though, it will include an overrun Empire Great Cannon and crew who's being eaten...

Today I'm also going to start painting the doomwheel and work on it's base, it's a bit tricky to think of what it should look like...  

Shinobi_8745

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:52 am
The wheel or the base?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:23 am
The base, the wheel is going to be pretty much as the painting guide on the GW website.  

Shinobi_8745

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:25 am
You could always have the wheel look like it is running someone or something over. The Giant kit has a nice flat Gobbo and a running peasant, both would be excellent for decorating the base of a large crushing wheel. surprised  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:38 am
But... That means I need to buy a giant... Unless I'm lucky and still have the accessories left from my giant... but I doubt I do. XD;;;

It's a really nice idea though, the peasant that is, the gobbo would ruin the "overrunning the Empire" feel to my army ,but we'll see what I'll do though.  

Shinobi_8745

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:49 pm
Getting the peasant shouldn't be too hard. Just ask around.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:34 am
I'm the only one around here who has a giant... Everyone else either play armies who can't have dogs of war, mainly play 40k or just don't like the giant rules.

Anyways, I've made some changes with my units, making them 25 man strong each and stuff, kind of slightly going away from the skryre feel (but I'll manage to get it back somehow).

This is what my list looks like so far... oh god so many models to paint...

Warlock Engineer, lv2, condenser, warpstone armour, warlock augumented weapon - 195
Plague priest, flail, power stone - 124
Warlock Engineer, warp musket - 30
22 giant rats, 3 packmasters, 1 upgraded to master moulder, things-catcher - 135
24 clanrats, shield, full command - 128
25 clanrats, shield, spear, musician, standard - 137
25 slaves - 50
25 slaves - 50
-Doomwheel - 150

Might change the priest into another warlock instead, giving him death globe/brass orb or the shadow magnet trinket-thingy.

Might also change the fighty-warlock into a chieftain, turning the musket warlock into a wizard instead, which will save me points to get back atleast 5 jezzails.  

Shinobi_8745

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:55 am
Not bad for a 1000 points army, you sure bring on a lot of bodies, so you're bound to outnumber your foes.

I wouldn't worry about a set theme too much just yet. Why not have fun with it first and see where it takes you?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:17 am
Yet? I've been playtesting all variant-lists and I've gotten a taste for Skryre-ish themes... I do love my Jezzails~<3

Blah... But the more I think of it I want to make it more warlord-clan-ish (still want the jezzails), thinking of changing the character choices all the time... But that also makes the tournie-player in me want those wizards since they're (kinda) cheap and effective, as I fear that enemy players will go heavy-magic on us... xD;;;

But we'll see, going to discuss with my co-player for the doubles tournament tomorrow, 2 devious skaven master-minds! I'm so going to let my doomwheel shoot/run over his units and make sure I stay away from his A-bomb... Hehehe... Already backstabbing him and the tournament haven't even started... XD  

Shinobi_8745

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:25 am
And finally the Doomwheel is finished! It was a fun piece to paint, but it's a bit "dark and gritty" compared to the clanrats I painted already... So... I'VE CHANGED MY WAY OF PAINTING THEM!

Good thing is that it's a faster and more simple way, but the Skryre-ish look and feel of the army will be replaced by me playing a straight out Warlord Clan, but what won't stop my warlord from putting the majority of his warp tookens to buy himself more devastating skryre weaponry. wink

Either way, here's the doomwheel and the 5 first painder clanrats.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

(And before anyone asks, yes, I'm going to paint the banner later, just haven't thought of what to put on it yet)

C&C are welcome.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:05 am
holy molie! that wheel looks awesome! its going to have that painted good juju when you place it one the board for sure.  

Inenor

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:16 pm
And finally it's done! 25 clanrats finished instead of the originally intended 30 (didn't bother finishing the last 5 since they were taken back into the slave pit so that my 2nd slave unit would number up to 25 as well).

So I've pretty much finished this months goal of minimum 250 points.

Doomwheel - 150
25 clanrats, spear, shield, standard bearer, musician - 137

Total: 287 points

I figured I'd use both the new way of painting along with the old, so there's about 50/50 of them in the unit, dirtied the first clanrats up a bit though with devlan mud so that they didn't stand out too much.

The multiple use of colours are there as the clanrats of this unit haven't always been from the same clan, they're most remnants (or part from a clan who've been "united" with mine) or slaves who've worked their way up to clanrats, I will most likely do the same to the next clanrat unit, so it's going to be red, brown, green, white-ish and yellow mainly on my clanrats.

User Image

User Image

User Image

And here's a sneek-peek on my upcoming Warlock Engineer, who first was a 30 pointer engineer before I decided to give him a magic level or two and a warp-energy condencer.

User Image

User Image

Might make another one with only the musket for the upcoming tournament though...

C&C welcome.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:52 am
That Doomwheel looks every bit the thing it is supposed to be. How did you do the rust on the blades and the greenish copper effects?  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:16 am
The rust is just the orange from the foundation paint range along with tausept ochre drybrush/drydotting upon it, the old copper effect is VERY watered down Hawk Turquoise I think... Don't really remember what I used since the paint belonged to the gaming club, never bothered to see which it was... > 3<;;;  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff