Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
LOL DROP MY... Weight? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anbaachan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:16 am

Honestly, with the amount you gained, it does sound like water weight. Don't worry too much. biggrin It happens to the best of us.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:17 pm
Day 9: Friday, December 11, 2009

Breakfast:
- 1 sausage, cold
- 1 cup of milo [low calorie, high fibre chocolate powder with low gi]

Snack:
- n/a

Lunch:
- spaghetti bolognaise
- 1 cup of low fat milk

Snack:
- small coke slushie

Dinner:
- too much redface

Exercise:
- 2-3 hours of cleaning
- 10 minute walk

LOL DROP MY NAME

LOL DROP MY NAME

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:00 am
Hi Guild.
I know I stopped writing in here, and a lot has happened since December.
In December, I weighed 111.7kg.
I changed my job in February.
I went to Hong Kong for a week.
4 weeks later I went to Canada for the month.
I had an amazing time with Simon,
and he didn't care a bit that I'm not skinny.
I came home and picked up a second job.
I quit my retail job in August.
I turned 19.
I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis*.
I applied for my work visa.

I currently weight 104.3kg.
I haven't dropped a dress size.
But I have bought dresses.
And I have maintained my weight loss.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:04 am
*Hashimoto's thyroiditis or chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis is an autoimmune disease in which the thyroid gland is gradually destroyed by a variety of cell and antibody mediated immune processes.

Physiologically, antibodies against thyroid peroxidase and/or thyroglobulin cause gradual destruction of follicles in the thyroid gland. Accordingly, the disease can be detected clinically by looking for these antibodies in the blood. It is also characterized by invasion of the thyroid tissue by leukocytes, mainly T-lymphocytes. It is associated with non-Hodgkin lymphoma.

Symptoms of Hashimoto's thyroiditis include weight gain and trouble with weight loss, depression, mania, sensitivity to heat and cold , paresthesia, fatigue, panic attacks, bradycardia, tachycardia, high cholesterol, reactive hypoglycemia, constipation, migraines, muscle weakness, cramps, memory loss, infertility and hair loss.

Hashimoto's thyroiditis is often misdiagnosed as depression, cyclothymia, PMS, and, less frequently, as bipolar disorder or as an anxiety disorder. Testing for thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) and anti-thyroid antibodies can resolve any diagnostic difficulty.

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis is treated with thyroid hormone replacement agents such as levothyroxine or desiccated thyroid extract. A tablet taken once a day generally keeps the thyroid hormone levels normal. In most cases, the treatment needs to be taken for the rest of the patient's life. In the event that hypothyroidism is caused by Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, it is recommended that the TSH levels be kept under 3.0. As long as the patient's thyroid is active, the body will continue to attack it, and this can wreak havoc on the patient's TSH levels and symptoms.

If untreated for an extended period, Hashimoto's thyroiditis may lead to muscle failure, including possible heart failure.

LOL DROP MY NAME

pigeonsoup

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:52 am
It must be tough to be diagnosed with something like that, I certainly hope you stay healthy and well. And I'm happy to see your boyfriend likes you just the way you are, and that you've bought dressies, haha. In your sig picture, I think you look absolutely beautiful.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:35 pm
laurenwithoutsound
It must be tough to be diagnosed with something like that, I certainly hope you stay healthy and well. And I'm happy to see your boyfriend likes you just the way you are, and that you've bought dressies, haha. In your sig picture, I think you look absolutely beautiful.

Thankyouuu whee
He makes me quite happy.
Apparently I glow when i'm with him, and vice versa.

LOL DROP MY NAME

Euthanasia Phase

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:45 pm
Yeeesh, that illness sounds rough. Is there anything one can do to prevent it? It takes real strength to persevere in improving your health with such an obstacle, and you have a lot to be proud of. On a happier note, congrats on your weight loss, and you both look absolutely adorable!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:45 am
Hysterisches Zyanid
Yeeesh, that illness sounds rough. Is there anything one can do to prevent it? It takes real strength to persevere in improving your health with such an obstacle, and you have a lot to be proud of. On a happier note, congrats on your weight loss, and you both look absolutely adorable!

Thanks so much.
There is actually no known cause as to why it occurs, and it is incureable. The drugs will basically keep me alive and healthy.
My doctor and I think it may be because I am ANA positive (the gene that causes lupus).

LOL DROP MY NAME

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces