Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Mqstalker's Weight Loss Journal Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mominchat

mominchat

Tipsy Vampire

10,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:24 am
X-ponential
I don't know if it would help, but you could try hanging from something -- maybe somewhere on a playground or off the door frame by your fingers. It's not necessary to take the whole weight off the feet, but it's a good way to stretch and relax the spine. I do it routinely for that purpose, maybe it could help you too. <_<

Sounds like a good idea. 3nodding
Sometimes, I also have my sisters walk on my back XD It cracks whatever is back there into place and makes me feel really relaxed. XD
I don't do that often though.

I also crack my neck, too. eek It freaks people out because the sound is cringe-inducing but the relief is instant.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:26 am
Seraphsody
If you feel strange hanging stop immediately and sit down and breathe with your shoulders *down* I've passed out hanging before, I don't know why but I have.

Yoga. Try yoga. Do it with an actual Yogi.

I could try yoga. But, you mean Yogi as in a sort of trainer? sweatdrop Heh, I can't afford anything like that. lol Wish we could. I'd have a gym membership in an instant. I enjoy swimming. XD  

mominchat

mominchat

Tipsy Vampire

10,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tipsy 100

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:35 am
Check what kind of programs your gym offers, they might have a yoga class.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:46 pm
Breakfast: Bagel w/ nutella, a mug full of cappucino (a mix made w/ water) 1 tsp sugar

Snack: Nothing. :/

Lunch: bagel w/ salami, half cooked cup noodle soup, broth drained, tropicana fruit punch mixed w/ water.

Snack: I snacked (excessively) on a few fries, a few bites of a salad, and half a cheeseburger and another mug of cappucino (the mix...yeah...><)

Dinner: one slice pepperoni pizza, 4 breadsticks? I think?

Comments: Another snack was added? *shuns self* white bread w/ nutella and pb, slice of fruit cake.....and some milk....I need to learn to avoid my sisters' snacking choices. sweatdrop

Pizza was, in the past, my ultimate binge food. Now, I don't really know why and it wasn't the smartest of habits to develop but it was developed and it took some time to break. And I finally. I'd usually have about 3-4 slices of pizza and then 4 or 5 breadsticks and then well....you know how that would end. But now? I can tell when I'm full. And I can stop. It feels good being able to do that.
Oh and, I have another case of diet coke now!! It's been awhile....*caresses 24 pack*
I seriously love diet coke. There's nothing better than a monstrously huge diet coke w/ ice. :]
Oh, and my mom went out and bought Agave Nectar. It's a sweetener of some kind but it has a low glycemic index meaning it won't spike our blood sugar as much AND it's sweeter than our table sugar o_o
Also, I've got a bag of meusli! I love that stuff. xD
And and and! Greek yogurt! : D I'm so happy. lol
I love seeing healthy foods in the house XD

I'll update tomorrow. 3nodding

P.S. Back pain is gone but comes back (not as severe) whenever mother nature decides to grant me an unspoken wish. -_-;; Ah well. As long as it doesn't keep me from moving around again. That wasn't fun....

And we have a wii!! It won't take long before we get the wii fit and balance board X3  

mominchat

mominchat

Tipsy Vampire

10,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tipsy 100

mominchat

mominchat

Tipsy Vampire

10,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:55 pm
Breakfast: half a lebkuchen cookie, cocoa puffs w/ 2% milk

Snack:I don't think I had one for my midmorning snack...

Lunch: one french bread pizza, some fried rice w/ white rice on the side, sierra mist (should have had diet coke...I don't like the fact that I took in 140 some cals of sugar -_-)

Snack: bowl of fat free yogurt, some meusli, a handful of peanut m&m's, flaxseed, some peanut butter (all in a bowl and the best thing I've ever come up with, taste-wise)

Dinner: (two spiced cookie things before dinner - super thin - they're called spekulatius) Dinner was a slice of lasagna, side of salad w/ a vinaigrette, some shredded cheddar cheese

Comments:

I've been really sick lately, tis why I haven't made a real update until now. I have a cough. I now also have body aches. Ack, things keep changing. >< But I'll be fine. I think I'm fighting it. It's hard to tell at this point. xD

Will update tomorrow. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:32 pm
Breakfast: three broetchens (one when I woke up, had it plain, then ate breakfast w/ my mom+sisters) one half w/ cream cheese, one half w/ miracle whip, pickle loaf, cheese, one w/ salami, glass of chocolate milk [whoa. huge breakfast.]

Snack: nothing. :/

Lunch: bowl of fat free yogurt w/ meusli, flaxseed, peanut butter. <33

Snack: cocoa puffs w/ 2% milk

Dinner: 2 slices pizza, three breadsticks (little ceasar's), two lebkuchen hearts w/ milk for dessert.

Comments:

I just ate two handfuls of skittles :/
the diet coke's making me feel bloated.
but for some reason, I can't sleep. I find myself always staying up until I can no longer stay up and then finally dragging myself to bed. It's like I'm some kind of insomniac. :/  

mominchat

mominchat

Tipsy Vampire

10,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tipsy 100

mominchat

mominchat

Tipsy Vampire

10,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:17 am
Breakfast: Bagel w/ salami, 10 cheetos, half a mug of orange juice

Snack: Nothing. I slept my day away until I felt it was time to get up.

Lunch: Bagel w/ nutella, mug of double mocha cappucino (made with a mix, water), two pieces of lebkuchen

Snack: bowl of Uncle Ben's rice pudding, agave nectar for sweetening (this stuff is SUPER SWEET, omg, I was like, wow.. o_o )

Dinner:

Comments:

So, i mentioned a few days ago that my mom bought some healthy foods and she also bought two bottles of agave nectar which is like a type of sweetener. It's said to have a low glycemic index which means there won't be such a drastic spike in my blood sugar and it's sweeter than table sugar. o_o And I swear it is. I had roughly a teaspoon added to my rice pudding and it was almost too much. XD
Now, to achieve that effect, I know I'd have to add like, 3 or 4 spoonfuls of table sugar to it. D:<

Agave nectar is my new best friend. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:22 am
Breakfast:yogurt w/ meusli - 295 calories

Snack: none

Lunch: fiber one bar before I left the hospital (140 calories), two rolls (200 calories) w/ deli chicken (calories unknown) when I got home

Snack: 1 pear, 300-400 cal sandwich :/ (it was so small...but nutella is an evil jerk...)

Pre dinner munchies =/ cookies (240 calories), sandwich (100 calorie roll) w/ deli chicken, banana, coffee drink (120 calories)

Dinner: spaghetti w/ sauce made with tomato sauce, onions, red pepper, cream, shredded cheddar cheese on top.

After dinner: organic chocolate milk (180 calories), 100 calorie brownie, 260 calorie cookies

Comments: I'm starting to calorie count. I know I've gained weight so, I can't just run around having six meals a day without knowing what exactly I'm putting in them.
Also, I've decided I think I might switch to tea in place of my favorite beverages.

I'm going to go to the hospital today: I've been sick for two weeks now and things aren't looking up. :/

4:01pm: Hospital said I might just be experiencing a bacterial infection in my upper respiratory system. I've been prescribed Zithromax which they like to call a 'Z pack'. I have to take pills for five days. And then I have Robitussin w/ codeine for the coughing.
They took x-rays of my chest and also swabbed me for the flu: x-rays looked good, flu test came back negative.
Luckily for me, I didn't have to be hooked up to an IV or have blood taken. I'm not afraid of needles or anything like that. It's just a hassle trying to find a decent vein in my arms. -_-

I'm starting to count calories. I'm not aiming for a certain limit but I don't want to go crazy either. I need to cut down on carbs: it's all I'm ever eating, or at least, it feels that way to me.
So, my breakfast's will be light and healthy. I'll be aiming for a lunch that has some form of protein in it each day. I know I don't eat enough meat products. I'm usually getting protein via cheese or milk or yogurt but I'm planning on cutting out cheese on my sandwiches completely - it's become a habit of mine to put cheese on my sandwiches. I grew up that way. I need to break that habit.

I'll update later.

9:12pm: Dude. I feel fat. I'm playing Wii tonight. -.-

9:54pm: I didn't have a huge helping at dinner. I felt satisfied with having a normal portion and wasn't dying to go back for more although, it was DELICIOUS. My mom makes such good spaghetti sauce.....*drools*

Me and my sisters are going to go play wii sports: is anything actually burned playing that for a few hours?

11:38pm: I'm so hungry right now: might have a brownie (100 calories) or something later. I don't know yet. ><

2:54am: Obviously I need to get to bed earlier and also keep sugary things away from me ><

Just found out that Shane Dawson basically had an eating disorder. He lost about 150 pounds in 9 months. He just got surgery to fix....organs? :/
Hearing all of this really scares me. I mean, how far did I go? Did I hurt myself? How would I know?
I'm just glad I've come to my senses and decided to recover from the hell I was putting myself through.
He even wrote in his myspace blog that he binged and purged...he was 210 originally and now he's 170.

Ugh. It just freaks me out. I don't feel so good right now. I think I'll go to bed, sleep this feeling off. :/  

mominchat

mominchat

Tipsy Vampire

10,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tipsy 100

mominchat

mominchat

Tipsy Vampire

10,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:58 pm
Breakfast: 2 eggo waffles, 2 eggo pancakes, syrup, banana, one lebkuchen, a slice of bacon

Snack: banana, chocolate (400 calories)

Lunch: bagel (260 calories), cheese (45 calories), mustard (5 calories), deli chicken

Snack: chocolate (460 calories)

Pre-dinner snackingbanana, roll (100 calories) w/ cream cheese (120 calories), some 50% less salt chips, coffee mix made w/ water (120 calories)

Dinner: 1 egg, 2 egg whites easy over/well done, fried potatoes made in olive oil w/ paprika, salt, pepper, 50% less fat sour cream

Comments:

7:35pm: I realize that the majority of my calorie intake today is coming from the chocolate but, honestly, there's nothing I can do.
I will go crazy if I can't have chocolate.
I know I haven't mentioned it yet but, I woke up this morning to a lovely surprise...
Now, it wouldn't bother me all that much if it weren't for the fact that I get god-awful cramps sometimes. Not every month but every other month or something like that. And when they kick in, I'm dead. It takes Motrin and Tylenol to get me back up and running but today I've found that Tylenol (aka acetaminophen) is helping more than Motrin (aka ibuprofen). Which is odd considering that it used to work. :/
So, I'm bleeding from my vag and it doesn't make me happy. Although, I'm in one hell of a good mood today. It's always like that. But the cravings....the cravings are really bad. I can't avoid them, I can't fight them because it will drive me nuts.
I think that's a mental problem.

But by tomorrow I know they won't be so bad and I'm sure I won't have to worry about pigging out on chocolate throughout the day.
Also, I don't have anymore left. It was one bag with about 12 truffles in it and 3 truffles is 230 calories....note to self: never have someone buy your chocolate. You're just settin' yourself up for disaster right there.
I shoulda been specific....><
Argh. Whatever. I'm not going to gain ten pounds because of it but, it's a mistake I won't be making again.
Must find healthier options for days like these.
Meaning, I'll still be getting my chocolate but I need to find something different....

.....920 calories???? *faints*
Ok, subtract the one my sis had....790???

Truffles = bad.

11:53pm: So. Snacking before dinner was stupid. But, the potatoes took forever and I was hungry which resulted in me not eating that much at dinner but still. The snacking was ridiculous.

I've developed some sort of pain in my back/shoulder blade. It hurts to breathe deeply, cough, burp, move. This isn't fair. -_-
I hope it goes away.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:30 pm
Breakfast: special k (120 calories) w/ one sliced banana, drizzle of syrup, 2% milk

Snack: Nothing. I lounged and slept most of my day away. Still battling a cold.

Lunch: cheeseburger w/ lettuce, tomatoe, onion, pickles, 1 tbsp mayo, some ketchup, side of fries (all from a local family diner)

Snack: 2 chocolate chip eggo waffles, syrup, some cheetos

Dinner: grilled chicken philly cheese sub (grilled shredded chicken, slice melted mozzarella cheese, fried onions, pickle slices, hoagie) french fries, ketchup, one mozzarella stick, glass of milk

After dinner odds and ends: can of soda (120 calories), whipped cream (15 cals per tbsp...)

Comments:

3:27pm: I'm going to go take my vitamins now. That lunch was crazy filling, seriously.
I"m on antibiotics, in case I haven't mentioned that already. I think it's really starting to help. It's been easier to bring up phlegm now. Yeah, when I get sick, just like my mom, I have a lot of mucus production. It's gross but I can't control the way my body works. I can only deal with it.

I don't know what I did but my left shoulder blade/left side of my back is hurting. If I do stuff with my right arm it aggravates the left.
I really hope this goes away soon. I've tried Motrin but it isn't doing me any good, tbh. Whatever. It'll pass soon enough.

So, took my vitamins. I'm going to go do some laundry. Then my sisters are home and then it's time to do homework with those devils. ><

1:27am: I know the whipped cream thing was odd. I was downstairs and I was microwaving my mom a slice of apple pie and she had wanted me to put whipped cream on it. And well, I'm a sucker for whipped cream. Especially the kind from Reddi-Wip, straight out of the can. So, I had a few....mouthfuls. ><
But it was good and it was satisfying and probably a better option that the apple pie...which I was also considering having but decided I was too lazy to microwave myself a slice. sweatdrop

Shoulder pain is meh. It's there but not killing me, so all is well.
I think the antibiotics are definitely working. As is the cough syrup. Works instantly. =]

I'm off to bed.
I think today was a good day. Could have drank more water but whatever.  

mominchat

mominchat

Tipsy Vampire

10,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tipsy 100

mominchat

mominchat

Tipsy Vampire

10,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:58 pm
I'm not using a format for this post. It's going to be quick and I'll admit, I almost decided not to post.
I've been writing my intake down in a little notebook all day.

January 11th 2010

For breakfast, I had, regrettably, a slice of apple pie w/ reddi wip. I didn't have a midmorning snack because I was tired. I eventually realized why: sugar crash. -_-

For lunch I had half a nutella sandwich. Each slice of bread goes at 75 calories apiece and I literally tore it in half. I threw the largest part away - the crust was really hard, for some reason, and I was too frustrated to bother with it. I also had a handful of Haribo gummi bears, a little debbie cake thing which was 290 calories, one fun size crunch bar, and one fun size kit kat bar.
My lunch was odd and unplanned. I was craving so many things but was busy with something I couldn't just stop doing and because I was so hungry, I grabbed what I could.

My snack(s) consisted of a coffee mix drink which was 120 calories, a bag of chips ahoy mini's which was 140 calories. I also had a handful of Doritos and two eggo waffles.
Before all this went down, I had a half an omelette my sis made for me along with two pieces of toast. -_-

For dinner I had 1/2-3/4 cup elbow macaroni noodles w/ gravy, 2 fleischkeuchle and some pickled beets. I had a small glass of milk to drink w/ dinner as well.

Today was crazy. Also, because of my sugar levels being so messed up, I need to make my mid morning snack something high in complex carbs and I actually have to force myself to eat it.
See, no matter what I eat for breakfast I've noticed, afterwards, I'll get really tired, I'll develop a headache and feel real shitty. I've realized each day that once I ate something, I felt instantly better. I know it's my sugar levels. I've honestly never experienced such a drop in my levels before. :/
I don't test myself or anything, I just know.
I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia a year or so ago which is basically a precursor for type 2 diabetes. My mom has it also.
It didn't set in until I cut out sodas....I used to drink about six cans a day, full sugar. About two or three years ago, I cut it out completely. I haven't been the same since. :/

I'm going to go to bed now. I'm dead tired. D:  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:07 pm
Breakfast: oatmeal (260 calories), agave sweetener (10 calories)

Snack: none

Lunch: 2 1/2 taquitos w/ reduced fat sour cream dip, side of rice, side of cheesy potatoes, one chicken taco, diet pepsi

Snack: bowl of special k (~120 calories), sliced banana, drizzle of syrup, 2% milk, handful gummi bears

Dinner: 1 cup garlic cheddar mashed potatoes, one fleischkeuchle, 1 1/4 grilled cheese sandwich, mug of vanilla bean tea w/ spoon of sugar

After dinner: 6 squares Ritter Sport dark chocolate (190 calories)

Comments:

Today was good besides the lunch. Ugh. D:

11:21pm: I can't wait for tomorrow night =] Alice in Wonderland Book of Shadows will be released Friday on Urban Decay's website and I'll be up all night with my mom to wait for the release so we can get one!! XD

One of my secret, neglected interests is makeup. (it's so expensive D: )I love it, I like the way it makes people look, I love learning about ways to apply it, just, yeah. XD

What really depressed me though is finding out that OPI released 4 new shades in collaboration with the Alice in Wonderland movie, just as Urban Decay had done, and each shade is rumored to be priced at 20 bucks.
Now, let me be a little in the dark here and wonder out loud how something can cost that much. D:
I've never purchased any polishes from OPI but I've always been in love with the shades. 3nodding
And these are just amazing. D:

Here's pics, lol:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

mominchat

mominchat

Tipsy Vampire

10,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tipsy 100

mominchat

mominchat

Tipsy Vampire

10,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:45 am
Ok, I know I haven't updated lately but it's only because I never made time to post on the guild. However, I have been keeping track here at home in a little notebook and I've been doing pretty good.
I really wish I had a scale. :/

Breakfast: bagel w/ cream cheese, deli thin ham, mini sub w/ kraft real mayo (about 1 tbsp), deli thin ham, coffee drink mix (120 calories) w/ 1 heaping tsp of sugar

Snack: power bar (230 calories)

Lunch:

Snack:

Dinner:

Comments:  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:13 am
Breakfast: mini bagel (120 calories), banana (95 calories?)

Snack: apple cinnamon rice cake (50 calories), mug of tea w/ 1 tsp sugar

Lunch:2 slices spaghetti meatball pizza, one breadstick, 4 mini rice cakes(30 calories)

Snack: 3/4 bowl of jello chocolate pudding w/ reddi wip (gave the rest to my little sis), bowl of cocoa puffs about 2 or 3 hours later

Dinner: 3/4 c elbow noodles, some parma rosa gravy, 1 cordon blue
(After dinner: 1 reese bell, 2 mini milkyways)

Comments:

I'm going to try and cut down to a range of 1200 to 1800 calories a day. I also plan on putting in a lot more exercise. Right now I have some simple stuff I do each night and every week I'll increase the amount of reps.

Sorry for not posting yesterday. Honestly, I might just stop posting here altogether. I'm not too sure yet. :/

8:22pm: Today has felt better than most days. I never once went to find chocolate although I snuck it in via the pudding and cereal but I wasn't like, stuffing myself with hershey's or something like that. Ugh.

I need a good dandruff shampoo. I'll have to go look into that.  

mominchat

mominchat

Tipsy Vampire

10,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tipsy 100

mominchat

mominchat

Tipsy Vampire

10,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:44 pm
Breakfast: two bagels (520 calories, ugh...), one w/ nutella and pb, the other w/ one slice cheese, 3 thin slices deli ham, mug of coffee mix made w/ water (120 calories)

Snack: two reese bells, one mini milkyway

Lunch: one slice pizza, one breadstick, glass of nesquick made w/ 2% milk

Snack: Banana (before dinner)

Dinner: spaghetti w/ sauce, cucumbers w/ vinaigrette, two mini bagels (240 calories) w/ 3 slices melted meunster cheese

Comments:

This morning's breakfast was a disaster. But I was genuinely hungry. :/

1:12am: bad part about staying up late: You always get hungry. But I've nothing to eat. So I'm taking myself to bed.
Today was a good day. =]  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces