Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Cieli's WIPs [updated 1/12] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ligre Di Cieli

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:48 am
here

another one  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:51 pm
Redlines

whee - The main things to watch out for here is alignment of facial features and overall proportions. Arms seem to be your weak area. If you're having trouble, it may be helpful to try the pose yourself in front of a large mirror.

whee 2 - When you're quickly drawing the face to capture the feature alignment, I recommend drawing the eyebrows. They mark the border between the forehead and the rest of the face, and can be useful in determining facial proportions.

I like your attention to fingers, and the variety of poses you draw. Keep it up. ^^  

keiiii

Ligre Di Cieli

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:57 pm
Yeah I can never seem to get the arms quite right sweatdrop
Thank you! ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:08 pm
No problem! The muscles can distort the silhouette of the arms, so it can get confusing. Try drawing the bones first (no details needed, just some skeletal frame of the arms) and adding muscles on top of it ^^  

keiiii

Ligre Di Cieli

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:54 pm
for some reason her butt looks kinda big xD

clicky

reference pic here:
here  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:42 pm
Ligre Di Cieli
for some reason her butt looks kinda big xD

clicky

reference pic here:
here
First the arms are a tad too short. The butt ends too quickly, which may be throwing you off on where to place the hand (or possibly the other way around).

Pay very close attention to the position of the hands, try and go slow to get it down right. Move you hand as your eye moves along with the reference. It takes some practice but you can get it done!

The pockets would be larger along with the roundness of the butt.

The eyes would be somewhat smaller.

Also the back of the neck starts out a little further out and leans in, due to the stretching of the neck.

Sorry for the laundry list. sweatdrop It's not bad just tweek a few things. biggrin  

zathraya

Ligre Di Cieli

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:50 pm
Haha its okay thanks ;D

I did this one without a reference (my internet crashed on me for a few days D<). Ahaha. ha.

click

I think I'm going to go back and redo some of these.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:49 pm
update after...8 months xD
going off in a different direction for a sec, just finished this for an assignment (was rushing in the end, so the background and stuff is kind of messy).
It's a black&white drawing, I used a photo for reference of the animal and made up the background (it's supposed to look fuzzy/ambiguous around the tree branches)

clicky

Critiques?

Edit: now that I look at it, the animal seems HUGE sweatdrop  

Ligre Di Cieli

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Quvi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:34 am
Huge improvement since your last post. You have a greater understanding of value. Some part of the image seems a bit flat to me (Example, head). It looks like you threw in random blotches of black on the left to our right.

It's a huge pain working from photos because detail is a lot harder to see, and I understand this may have caused flatness.

I'd like to see more dark on the horn to give it a much more cone shape.

The front legs are different sizes. The one on the left looks like the leg of a malnourished calf, and the right leg got some serious pumpin' and decided to fuse together with the neck (It seriously is fused).

Overall, I like your attentiveness to detail on the animal, but don't get too caught up with the detail to fail to notice the anatomical errors.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:52 pm
Thanks for the feedback. I was rushing at the end to turn it in on time, so it wasn't the best.

Haha now that I look at it it does look like the neck fused with the leg xD  

Ligre Di Cieli

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Ligre Di Cieli

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:42 pm
Just finished another piece, the head is tilted a little too much compared to the actual statue sweatdrop

Since with most pieces I try to keep my pencil lines, I tried to make this one look more smooth...

click

Tips?  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas