Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Recycle Bin
Gaia Survivor-Rping Game Event-Updated 12/7 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

revenge_is_sweet

Romantic Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:47 pm
Lady Elmira
I am thinking if they are not active in playing the game, then they get a PM warning. After that, they are disqualified from the game. It would be their lost if they aren't active. We will clearly state that in the rules to begin with.

I thought of using post style that we make with their team colors that they have to post with. That way we know who is who and it is cheaper for us.

Let's see. I thought of something, but completely forgot. So I am just going to say random stuff.

Entry price of 1,500 gold. Too much or little?

I am not liking the names I picked out. So if any of you have ideas, post. ^_^

Would anyone like to come up with the description of the island?

Oh Grandprize. I am going to make a trophy for them, we will give them gold, and an Item. I am trying to come up with a good item to give them. We want it to be good enough that people want to try to win it, but cheap enough that we don't leave holes in our pocket.

Well, I do have an unopened thank you letter from last month. If that isn't good I do have some other valuable stuff as well.

Do you think we should do a runner-up prize as well? I know that isn't how surviver, but its a suggestion.

Banners in the siggy to show team colors is perfect. Or we could require each contestant to wear some sort of fashion item to show their color.

We also need to discuss how we are going to choose which contestant that is selected is going to be on which team.

I just though of something, what are we going to use as immunity when we get there?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:12 pm
revenge_is_sweet

Well, I do have an unopened thank you letter from last month. If that isn't good I do have some other valuable stuff as well.

Do you think we should do a runner-up prize as well? I know that isn't how surviver, but its a suggestion.

Banners in the siggy to show team colors is perfect. Or we could require each contestant to wear some sort of fashion item to show their color.

We also need to discuss how we are going to choose which contestant that is selected is going to be on which team.

I just though of something, what are we going to use as immunity when we get there?

The only problem I see with the banners is that if the person post more than once on the page then the sig will be on the last that they wrote. The post style and clothes should be ok. We will let them dress themselves, since most people like that.

I like the idea of runner-up prize. Well do that.

Letters are good. I look into that. I don't want to take yours Revenge. That doesn't seem right.

As for who is going to what team, I thought that we might do that at random. Like contestant A is in team 2, and so on. Or we could to a randomizer.

Hmm...immunity item. Were doing a haunted island so how about a necklace from a Lady who was shipwrecked with pirates. At night the necklace glows and the Lady appears.

I just had a thought. Should we let members of the guild join the event? It is going to be hard because they would know all of the games and stuff we are planning.  

Lady Elmira
Crew

Dapper Informer

7,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50

Ninja_of_clouds

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:24 pm
Lady Elmira
revenge_is_sweet

The only problem I see with the banners is that if the person post more than once on the page then the sig will be on the last that they wrote. The post style and clothes should be ok. We will let them dress themselves, since most people like that.

I like the idea of runner-up prize. Well do that.

Letters are good. I look into that. I don't want to take yours Revenge. That doesn't seem right.

As for who is going to what team, I thought that we might do that at random. Like contestant A is in team 2, and so on. Or we could to a randomizer.

Hmm...immunity item. Were doing a haunted island so how about a necklace from a Lady who was shipwrecked with pirates. At night the necklace glows and the Lady appears.

I just had a thought. Should we let members of the guild join the event? It is going to be hard because they would know all of the games and stuff we are planning.

I don't think we should let guild members join. Seems a little unfair, i mean if there inactive in the guild then it's fine. I also have some old stuff I can give as a prize. And for the immunity maybe something different for each challenge? To fit with the scenario. I can aso work on a description later this week.

We can also incorporate a vote for the last two maybe. Have 2 challenges, whoever wins gets 10 extra votes or something and then have the "viewers" vote... I don't beleive this is on real survivor but...

Another FYI is this is I beleive this is a public forum so we may want to not post the answers and such here...I could be wrong... Another thing I'm thinking is we probably want a summary of the previous day every day and have a log of it somewhere...

I was gonna say more but this is all I can remember right now...lol

EDIT:
Just read some questions...Maybe 2000 or 2500 gold instead of 1500, so for 8 people we can atleast get 16k per 2 weeks...Do we have any other ideas to raise money during this event? I don't know if there is any butt...lol

Also for the teams... Hmmm... The Treetop Hippies and the Glowing Ninja's lmao not really though..I have no real idea... Ghosts vs. Zombies or something maybe? Haha...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:51 pm
But if we make a forum outside of Gaia where we work on the contest, then shouldn't it be fine? That is what I am thinking now. Make a forum on another site, PM you two (three counting Dustin) to iron out the details of the games. That way no one can really look.

2,500 does seem like a better figure. I just had an idea to do a gift shop for the event. We will see art replicas of the stuff for the event. That way it will bring in more funds.

For the last two, the voting by the veiwers would be by a poll right? Can you vote more than once on those? I like that idea. Keeps people interested in the event.

And just for the record, you two are awesome. I couldn't have done this myself.  

Lady Elmira
Crew

Dapper Informer

7,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50

revenge_is_sweet

Romantic Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:46 pm
Lady Elmira
But if we make a forum outside of Gaia where we work on the contest, then shouldn't it be fine? That is what I am thinking now. Make a forum on another site, PM you two (three counting Dustin) to iron out the details of the games. That way no one can really look.

2,500 does seem like a better figure. I just had an idea to do a gift shop for the event. We will see art replicas of the stuff for the event. That way it will bring in more funds.

For the last two, the voting by the veiwers would be by a poll right? Can you vote more than once on those? I like that idea. Keeps people interested in the event.

And just for the record, you two are awesome. I couldn't have done this myself.

Eh, I always buy 2 letters; the extra for use in case I like both items. So its no big. Getting the rest of the guild involved would be an alright idea. We could pm each other for figuring out which games and challenges we should plan next.

Hey, Thats why we joined. To help out with the events and the ball. ^_^ heart

Yeah, I figure we could allow the viewers to vote. We would just have to redo the poll everytime we have a challenge. I believe that you can set an amount of time for polls.

We should we also have a thread for input from the viewers as well?? Or would that be overkill?

Wow, I'm suddenly chock full of ideas and such. Zombies vs. Ghosts sounds good; what would be some good team colors for them? A gooey green for Zombies and Some sort of white for Ghosts?

Who knew finals would restart my brain and give me all this juice?!?! lol blaugh rofl whee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:33 pm
No problem, I didn't come here just to join like the many other people lol! Any I personally thing that viewers choice wouldn't be that good...I don't know though...That's just me being selfish I guess hahah.

And the forum outside is fine.
For the voting, we could do one per person, but if they want to pay for an extra vote they may, I don't know though thoughts on this?

We could do white for the ghosts, but you can't really read white so maybe a Cyan so it's still legiable for the actually text. But for banners and such white is fine. Also gooey green, peerffecct!  

Ninja_of_clouds

Lady Elmira
Crew

Dapper Informer

7,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:15 am
I say let the contestants vote each other off like the show, but for the last two we let the viewers choose.

As thread go for it, I was going to have the main one that all of the show is done, then link off to another one where the viewers can talk, then another one for the gift shop.

I was thinking maybe shipwrecked people against the natives. Just an idea.

I was also going to make little dolls of the contestants that are holding the torches. When they get voted off we put an X on it.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:34 am
Lady Elmira
I say let the contestants vote each other off like the show, but for the last two we let the viewers choose.

As thread go for it, I was going to have the main one that all of the show is done, then link off to another one where the viewers can talk, then another one for the gift shop.

I was thinking maybe shipwrecked people against the natives. Just an idea.

I was also going to make little dolls of the contestants that are holding the torches. When they get voted off we put an X on it.

Sounds like a plan.

But yeah, for the voting off, that would be a better idea. What we could also do is maybe the jury vote for the winner somehow and then have the viewers vote for who they want to win.

Should we have the contestants pm their votes to one of us, we tally it up and then announce it? It would seem awfully akward to to see whom votes for whom.

I wasn't really paying any attention to color of font when I suggested about the colors, my bad. sweatdrop

The dolls would be perfect. I'm pretty brain dead at the moment (grr algebra final) So I'll write more later on. xd whee

revenge_is_sweet

Romantic Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Ninja_of_clouds

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:05 pm
Do we have any "launch" date plans?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:17 pm
Ugh work. it never leaves me enough time to get on here and plan things. you guys keep on going on planning things. If I don't like it, I will say something about it.

I made the offline board. I will PM you two with the address. Just use your Gaia names so I know who is who please.

Yes we will have them PM one of us with the votes and then we announce it.

I was shooting for late Jan or Feb.  

Lady Elmira
Crew

Dapper Informer

7,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50

revenge_is_sweet

Romantic Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:04 pm
kk sounds good to me.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:00 pm
orry i didn't come in here in a while. I think we should unse NPC's for this event. Like S.I.N, B.O.O and jack. Team S.I.N would be on one side during the event, team B.O.O on the other. The main host is jack who wants to see who would win. So he will be the main host.  

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

Lectern
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:56 am
I hope it's not too late to help out. I'm not sure about using NPCs, but we could always make own our tribes. We could make little flag art and stuff for the roleplayers as a souvenir, too. Other flags and what not could go in the gift shop. For the dolls, it would be awesome if we made them voodoo-esque using the character's original tribe. Near the end, would we merge the remaining players into one tribe?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:18 am
Lectern
I hope it's not too late to help out, but we could always make own our tribes. We could make little flag art and stuff for the roleplayers as a souvenir, too. Other flags and what not could go in the gift shop. For the dolls, it would be awesome if we made them voodoo-esque using the character's original tribe. Near the end, would we merge the remaining players into one tribe?

Yup, that sounds about right. ^_^  

revenge_is_sweet

Romantic Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Lectern
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:48 am
Do we want to extend the voodoo dolls into the gift shop too? We wouldn't have to make them customizable, but we could just do tribe-related dolls.

Also, should we start working on the challenges and stuff/ It would be nice to plan what is happenening on what day.  
Recycle Bin

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff