Housewarming Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:42 pm
And there's no reason at all that anyone shouldn't enjoy an all out Creole buffet...at least, that's what Etienne thinks. What got him so excited about his heritage with this new identity is anyone's guess. After serving the co-eds their wie and shooing them towards the buffet table, he loads up his own plate and proceeds to mingle a bit more.

His first stop is Phoenix, and his charm is up to the highest setting. "Now now...I know you don't usually prefer social settings, but if you can't come up with a believable way to show me you're having a good time, I'll have no choice but to turn on the music and demand a dance."

Maurice is still following Duncan around, quite pleasantly surprised to find his favorite neighbor so close at hand. "These young people today have the oddest ideas...did you know this Etienne has asked me to create recipes for him to use in this private airline of his? Honestly! I do not see how a gourmet like myself can be expected to perform using a galley the size of a closet..."  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:19 pm
"I have no issue with social settings, I'm going to a club after this, I have issues with being in a social setting where there's a good possibility that I'm out weaponed." Well at least she answered with a smile, alright so it was more a sarcastic smile that anything, but that was besides the point, really it was. "You're lucky you're a friend, otherwise I wouldn't be here at all, might have mailed you a gift just to stat on your nice side." Flipping some hair over a shoulder after studying the orange ends she glanced to him over all rather calmly, though really to most people the cautiousness in her eyes had to be clear. At least to everyone over the age of fifty, which sadly was most the people here.

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:21 pm
Methos managed to help Joe fill a plate and get them both securely settled at one of the picnic tables set out on the deck with red gingham tablecloths without the Watcher realizing he was actually being helped until he was already tucking into his food. Joe stabbed Methos with a sour eye, to which the ancient Immortal responded with a totally innocent look.

Duncan joined them, Maurice in tow. The Highlander was saying, "Considering the dinner you fixed for Amanda on my barge that one time, I think you can create miracles in tiny buckets. Adam, this is a friend of mine from Paris: Maurice." As Methos half-rose to shake Maurice's hand, Mac added, "Maurice, you remember Joe Dawson, right?"  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:31 pm
Etienne chuckles at Phoenix, though he gives her a friendly wink. "Well, if it'll make you feel better, I can tell you where the weapons locker is. Never know when you might have to stock up against pirates." At least, not when you're as good at irritating people as he is.

He takes a swig from his own drink as he lets the half joke settle. "Can I have a dance anyway?"

Maurice, meanwhile, is enjoying his reunion. "Yes, of course!" He offers Dawson a warm handshake. "Although, I do seem to recall this one appearing shortly after myriad strangers came calling upon you. You do get around, MacLeod, no?"  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:50 pm
Phoenix looked almost amused on that as she took a moment to glance around before looking back to him rather sure he was joking. Hazel eyes blinking before she had to smile, "Oh sure." No reason to say no really, maybe that wasn't the best reason to say yes, but then she was bored and he was entertaining. If he wanted to make a fool of himself then she'd be glad to help. "What type of dance?"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:04 pm
Joe seemed at a loss after Maurice's statement, but Methos chuckled. "Mac's a real nice guy," he said, "but he seems to attract all the wrong sorts."

"Hey!" Joe barked.

This was followed by Duncan adding, "Look who's talking."

Methos took a swig if beer before answering. "I was going to say 'present company excluded,' but if you want to jump to conclusions..." He grinned. "...be my guest."  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:19 pm
Many many quips enter Etienne's head as a possible response to that question, but he's been trying to behave just a little bit more since he picked up the new identity. After dismissing a remark about exotic dance not working since he doesn't have a pole on board, he rolls a shoulder in an easy shrug.

"Oh, I dunno." He says with a grin. "I don't suppose you're into New Orleans blues, are you?"

Meanwhile, Maurice seems quite amused by Methos...likely sensing a kindred spirit. "You know," He says, wagging a finger in recollection. "Like you, people are frequently jumping to conclusions about me. I remember a time, many many years ago, mind you, when a local grocer maliciously accused me of stealing the largest turkey he had in stock right before Christmas weekend."

The portly Frenchman is now gesticulating with both hands. "Honestly! A future chef stealing turkey. Inconceivable, I say!"  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:19 am
Methos, who was beginning to remember where he had seen Maurice before, gave the chef a lazy smile. "I'm impressed just to think this grocer considered you of sufficient talent as a thief to have pilfered his largest bird without him being able to catch you at it. I mean, whoever pulled that off would have to have been a master."

After a beat, he added, "Or else the grocer was hugely incompetent."  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:23 am
"Into? No, heard though in a bout of wandering slash exploring." Well she had been smart enough back when she had first died to not stay in her home area, which left her taking her savings and going elsewhere. Which really turned more into wandering through a few, or a lot of states. "I still want to go to Hawaii." Which had nothing to do with dancing but it followed her thoughts so she said it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:01 am
Etienne chuckles slightly, amused by the sudden change in topics. "Well, I just bought a plane for work, so maybe I can take y'all over there sometime." He leads Phoenix off to one of the rails where he's got his stereo set up along with a fairly well mixed collection of CD's. "Take your pick, then. A dance is a dance, and I don't much care so long as we get the music going anyway."

Maurice, meanwhile, is finding himself liking Methos more and more by the moment. "The man was quite incompetent, believe me. Soon after, I was forced to take my patronage elsewhere...there was no way for a master to truly challenge himself under such circumstances."

He winks. "I refer to a master chef, of course. Inferior quality in ingredients breeds and inferior dish as you might expect. I work with only the best."  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:16 am
"I don't doubt it," Methos nodded, letting his eyes stray to where Gaston was talking to Phoenix. He wondered if he was still the girl's teacher, or if she'd rather have someone else, following his bout with amnesia and whatever had happened to her during it.

MacLeod was doing justice to the plate of fiery goodness in front of him, taking advantage of Methos' conversation with Maurice to enjoy his meal, while Joe was noticing a couple of fellow Watchers among the guests who were trying to remain nonchalant. When they saw they had been spotted, they looked sheepish and shrugged shoulders at Joe.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:26 am
Well that got her to blink at Etienne for a moment, "You don't want me picking music." Because most likely she'd pick something completely random, like the first thing she picked up or maybe whatever case was in a color she liked. "I think you're forgetting I'm lazy, therefor not going to read through CD's." She was truthful on the fact, "And you still buy CD's, really? I just download everything, so much easier and then I have more room for movies."

Made sense to her as she flashed a smile, if nothing else he was getting her to relax some, most of the people here she had meet before after all and really if they had wanted her dead it would have been easy not too long ago.

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:55 pm
Oddly enough, Gaston/Etienne hasn't taken a single student in the past 200 years. Not that he'd be opposed to the idea, it just hasn't happened yet. Then again, he does consider himself to be the unofficial 'big brother' of Methos' students...

...Etienne IS Adam's oldest surviving student that hasn't run afoul of Duncan, isn't he?

...anyway, Etienne laughs outright when he hears Phoenix is too lazy to pick out CD's. "All right, I'll pick then...just promise not to kill me if you don't like my taste. Maimings and random beatings are still permitted, however." He winks.

Honestly though, he's just pleased Phoenix seems to be recovering from her ordeal. Methos' bout with amnesia was a pretty violent time for Etienne...much to the chagrin of his former rogue Watcher. Meanwhile, Etienne produces a CD. "OK, this should be good to dance to without making me look too much like an old fart."

It's the album Bounce by Bon Jovi. Five years doesn't make something seem too dated when you've lived through a century or two.

Across the deck, Maurice seems quite pleased that Duncan is so thoroughly enjoying his meal...he helped prepare some of the dishes, after all. "Be sure to save room for dessert, MacLeod. I am told that authentic bananas foster is on the menu."

He sighs. "I warned the young Mr. Theriot that it was not wise to prepare a flaming dish on a wooden craft, but he is not overly fond of common sense."  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:58 pm
Methos looked up at Maurice's words, glancing at the ship's gunnels whose cracks were filled with pitch, then shot Gaston a dirty look. When the eldest turned his worried eyes to Mac, the Scot waggled his eyebrows at him.

"Stupid bloody boats," Methos muttered acidly.  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:44 pm
Phoenix had to snort on that, "Make you seem old? Bon Jovi still kicks a**, gesh, I realize I might be considered a baby to some people, but come on." An eye roll to follow her words, sometimes there were downfalls to everyone she knew being older than her, not that it bothered her, just meant she had to tease them more was all. And so overall she had no issues with his pick in music to play, besides there needed to be some type of music playing to make this feel more...well something she wasn't putting that much thought into it really.

Highlander Roleplaying - Free Form

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff