Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unashamed - A Christian Discussion Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Christian, Discussion, Religion, Theology, Philosophy 

Islam, Judaism, and Christianity - Same God? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:47 pm
Priestley
xLady Tsukiyox
Priestley
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei

Rabbinic Judaism is NOT the same as Judaism in the Bible - the practices are entirely different and added to.
If you attend synagogue and read the prayer book, it is basically a modern RE-interpretation of Judaism.

Jesus is the original, because he is the first born of ALL creation smile
What is called Christianity is not a breakaway cult, but as Jesus said, he came to FULFILL Torah, not to destroy it.
Jesus is the fulfilment of God's Word, IS the Word and is the Word made flesh

And yes I understand a Muslim or a Rabbinic Jew cannot claim that Jesus is God, hence my statement that the very concepts in these worldviews about God are completely different.

The word fulfill means to complete or to end. Not destroy. The Old Laws no longer apply to us because we're not Jews.

How is this in any way different to what he wrote? There is no disagreement here between you. You need to improve your reading comprehension.

Because he's probably meaning that we still have to follow the Old Laws.

This is a baseless assumption. He never said anything to suggest that.
Whenever I tell people that the Old Laws no longer apply, they go in a ravenous anger and well "THE OLD LAWS WEREN'T ABOLISHED! WE STILL HAVE TO FOLLOW THEM!"

and I'm like "huh? wha? Since when were Christians, Jews?"  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:48 pm
ZENsei
xLady Tsukiyox
Also, saying "If you knew your Bible" isn't providing proof either. Not everyone in this guild is a Christian, memorizes the Bible, or has a copy in front of them. This is a discussion guild. You can't assume that everyone has the same resources as you. It's courteous to provide proof. It's also known as Burden of Proof.

the person that made this thread asked opinions I gave mine
You are turning it into a debate

it isnt my job to educate you
you make many accusations

Just do the research yourself if you doubt it... if YOU have something to disprove what I say, offer it

Debates are apart of discussion.

And I'm not going to sit here and do your homework for you. neutral  

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

ZENsei

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:49 pm
xLady Tsukiyox
Priestley
xLady Tsukiyox
Priestley
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei

Rabbinic Judaism is NOT the same as Judaism in the Bible - the practices are entirely different and added to.
If you attend synagogue and read the prayer book, it is basically a modern RE-interpretation of Judaism.

What is called Christianity is not a breakaway cult, but as Jesus said, he came to FULFILL Torah, not to destroy it.

And yes I understand a Muslim or a Rabbinic Jew cannot claim that Jesus is God, hence my statement that the very concepts in these worldviews about God are completely different.

The word fulfill means to complete or to end. Not destroy. The Old Laws no longer apply to us because we're not Jews.

How is this in any way different to what he wrote? There is no disagreement here between you. You need to improve your reading comprehension.

Whenever I tell people that the Old Laws no longer apply, they go in a ravenous anger and well "THE OLD LAWS WEREN'T ABOLISHED! WE STILL HAVE TO FOLLOW THEM!"

All of Jesus followers were Jews as was Jesus  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:50 pm
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei
xLady Tsukiyox
Also, saying "If you knew your Bible" isn't providing proof either. Not everyone in this guild is a Christian, memorizes the Bible, or has a copy in front of them. This is a discussion guild. You can't assume that everyone has the same resources as you. It's courteous to provide proof. It's also known as Burden of Proof.

Just do the research yourself if you doubt it... if YOU have something to disprove what I say, offer it

This thread isnt to PROVE anything... it asked for opinions

If you want a debate I am out - I give enough sources while you keep tossing around baseless opinions against me @_@  

ZENsei

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:50 pm
ZENsei
xLady Tsukiyox
Priestley
xLady Tsukiyox
Priestley

Except in a sense the gave up their Jewishness and became Gentiles. The most notable person to do that was Saul, or who we now know as Paul.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:51 pm
ZENsei
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei
xLady Tsukiyox

This thread isnt to PROVE anything... it asked for opinions

If you want a debate I am out - I give enough sources while you keep tossing around baseless opinions against me @_@
You copied part of an article from wikipedia, and didn't provide scripture. neutral That's not proof. And I did provide a source. neutral  

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

ZENsei

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:52 pm
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei
xLady Tsukiyox
Priestley
xLady Tsukiyox
Priestley

Except in a sense the gave up their Jewishness and became Gentiles. The most notable person to do that was Saul, or who we now know as Paul.

None of them ever said they became Gentiles!!???

where do YOU get that?

The followers of Jesus, the disciples in Jerusalem still met in the Temple. They also kept Torah, if you read the discussion between the leaders at Jerusalem and paul in Acts  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:55 pm
ZENsei
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei
xLady Tsukiyox
Priestley

where do YOU get that?

The followers of Jesus, the disciples in Jerusalem still met in the Temple. They also kept Torah, if you read the discussion between the leaders at Jerusalem and paul in Acts
A Nodachide who is also a Classicist. In order to convert to a new religion you have to give up your previous affiliation. Jews do not consider those who are Christian to be Jews. To them being a Christian or back then in Paul's case, to follow Christ as if he were God was a massive sin against Hashem or YHVH.  

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Priestley

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:56 pm
xLady Tsukiyox
Priestley
xLady Tsukiyox
Priestley
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei

Hey, if it meant you would have power to force submission onto other people, wouldn't you try to argue the same? I don't see why Christianity should be seen as any different in this respect.

However, since Jesus used the commandments to teach the commandments of loving his god and loving one's neighbour, it makes sense that they're still applicable.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:57 pm
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei
xLady Tsukiyox
Priestley

where do YOU get that?

A Nodachide who is also a Classicist. In order to convert to a new religion you have to give up your previous affiliation. Jews do not consider those who are Christian to be Jews. To them being a Christian or back then in Paul's case, to follow Christ as if he were God was a massive sin against Hashem or YHVH.

The disciples never considered following the Jewish Messiah, Jesus, as turning to a new religion... Jesus was their long-awaited Meschiach... they were still Jews. All believers are part of Israeil, whether Jews by birth or Gentile... grafted into the olive tree, of which Christ is the root  

ZENsei

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:00 pm
Priestley
xLady Tsukiyox
Priestley
xLady Tsukiyox
Priestley

Hey, if it meant you would have power to force submission onto other people, wouldn't you try to argue the same? I don't see why Christianity should be seen as any different in this respect.

However, since Jesus used the commandments to teach the commandments of loving his god and loving one's neighbour, it makes sense that they're still applicable.
Except the Commandments are YHVH's law. Certain parts of the Torah are Mosiac Law therefore they don't matter to Christians.

Christians are usually Gentiles, they're non-Jews. There are Jews who believe that Christians following their laws or picking and choosing their laws to follow their own gains is just wrong.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:02 pm
xLady Tsukiyox
Priestley
xLady Tsukiyox
Priestley
xLady Tsukiyox
Priestley

Except the Commandments are YHVH's law. Certain parts of the Torah are Mosiac Law therefore they don't matter to Christians.

Christians are usually Gentiles, they're non-Jews. There are Jews who believe that Christians following their laws or picking and choosing their laws to follow their own gains is just wrong.

Actually, ALL of Torah is Mosaic Law... the collective Jewish Scriptures are called the Tanach(Tanakh) ... Torah is specifically the 5 books of Moses  

ZENsei

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:02 pm
ZENsei
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei

where do YOU get that?

The disciples never considered following the Jewish Messiah, Jesus, as turning to a new religion... Jesus was their long-awaited Meschiach... they were still Jews. All believers are part of Israeil, whether Jews by birth or Gentile... grafted into the olive tree, of which Christ is the root
Except Jesus wasn't the Messiah to the Jews. To them he was the false Messiah because he failed to complete their prophecies before death. There were many Messiahs before Jesus and after him. They're still waiting for the Mosiach.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:05 pm
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei
xLady Tsukiyox
ZENsei

where do YOU get that?

Except Jesus wasn't the Messiah to the Jews. To them he was the false Messiah because he failed to complete their prophecies before death. There were many Messiahs before Jesus and after him. They're still waiting for the Mosiach.

to some Jews, certainly he was considered a false messiah, but if ALL of the Jews or the Jews that did follow him considered him the messiah, they would not be changing religions... just following the promised one of Judaism... right? SO to the disciples, following Jesus was not a new religion and they considered themselves Jews and were still observant ones... just like Jesus was.  

ZENsei

Priestley

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:05 pm
xLady Tsukiyox
Priestley
xLady Tsukiyox
Priestley
xLady Tsukiyox
Priestley

Well, referring to priestly laws such as Leviticus, clearly they were not for the ordinary public of the time.

But, as for the "ten commandments" as given to the Israelites in general, Jesus used them in order to state his two most important commandments: to love God and to love one's neighbour, stating that all the other commandments rested on those. That's what it says in the gospels.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games