Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Silver RavenWolf? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cerulean Crayon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:38 pm
Something I found that fits her well...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:56 pm
Any book called "to ride a silver broomstick" that is not about dildos, drugs, altered states of conciousness, or sex in general is compeletly untrustworthy.

As is it's author.

I mean, do you know what it original meant to "ride a broom stick" ? gonk  

Operation Shoestring

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:56 pm
AyanamiRei
Any book called "to ride a silver broomstick" that is not about dildos, drugs, altered states of conciousness, or sex in general is compeletly untrustworthy.

As is it's author.

~chuckles~ To Light A Sacred Flame should be a handbook for Arson.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:17 pm
TeaDidikai
AyanamiRei

As is it's author.

And sacrifice of sheep, most likely. xd  

Operation Shoestring

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:24 pm
AyanamiRei
TeaDidikai
AyanamiRei

As is it's author.

And To Stir A Magic Cauldron is a meth-cooking guide, ja?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:17 pm
TeaDidikai
AyanamiRei
TeaDidikai
AyanamiRei

As is it's author.

Triste Morningstar
So i'm supposed to ride silver's broomstick? No thanks. i'm a caldron girl myself....

Operation Shoestring

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:09 pm
AyanamiRei
TeaDidikai
AyanamiRei
TeaDidikai
AyanamiRei

As is it's author.

Triste Morningstar
So i'm supposed to ride silver's broomstick? No thanks. i'm a caldron girl myself....

Pish. Give me a huge Mortar and Pestal any day.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:38 pm
Triste-chan
http://wicca.timerift.net/ravenwolf.html

That link explains a lot of it. Basically, she has no ethics, and her history sucks.
Hear Hear, why I ignore the ethics and history and focus on the basics, however limited they are in her books. However, they are books so I must shamelessly collect them......stupid pack rat habits.  

childsdragon

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:23 pm
childsdragon
Triste-chan
http://wicca.timerift.net/ravenwolf.html

That link explains a lot of it. Basically, she has no ethics, and her history sucks.
Hear Hear, why I ignore the ethics and history and focus on the basics, however limited they are in her books. However, they are books so I must shamelessly collect them......stupid pack rat habits.
Do you own the Eddas? The Sagas, the Celtic Cycles, the Bible complete with Gnostic Texts, the The Rig-Veda, the Sepher Yezirah, maybe the Middle Pillar or the Tao-te Ching?

Do yourself a favor. Sell her books off and use them to buy some good theological texts.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:06 am
TeaDidikai
Do you own the Eddas? The Sagas, the Celtic Cycles, the Bible complete with Gnostic Texts, the The Rig-Veda, the Sepher Yezirah, maybe the Middle Pillar or the Tao-te Ching?

Do yourself a favor. Sell her books off and use them to buy some good theological texts.

Don't forget the Upanishads! Mom mom, silly agnostic that she is, owns all of them.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:43 am
Deoridhe
TeaDidikai

Don't forget the Upanishads! Mom mom, silly agnostic that she is, owns all of them.
I didn't cover half of what I would tell people to buy before they keep a Ravenwolf book.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:56 pm
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe
TeaDidikai

I didn't cover half of what I would tell people to buy before they keep a Ravenwolf book.
I don't recommend Silver to beginners because of her anti-Christian polemics and inaccurate history. Another pet peeve of mine is that she frequently presents her opinions as facts. That's not a good thing to be doing in a book for beginners. More experienced Pagans can tell when Silver is presenting her opinion and when she is presenting a fact, but will already know most of the facts contained within.

We have to think of the time and context that the books were written in. Most of her books were written before the anti-fluff countermovement appeared. Some (not all) of her factual errors can be attributed to this.

On a lighter note, it appears that Llewellyn has finally decided to get rid of some of the ridiculous cover art. I just saw this on Amazon.  

MariusMorningstar

PhantomPhoenix0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:36 pm
MariusMorningstar
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe
TeaDidikai

I don't recommend Silver to beginners because of her anti-Christian polemics and inaccurate history. Another pet peeve of mine is that she frequently presents her opinions as facts. That's not a good thing to be doing in a book for beginners. More experienced Pagans can tell when Silver is presenting her opinion and when she is presenting a fact, but will already know most of the facts contained within.

We have to think of the time and context that the books were written in. Most of her books were written before the anti-fluff countermovement appeared. Some (not all) of her factual errors can be attributed to this.

On a lighter note, it appears that Llewellyn has finally decided to get rid of some of the ridiculous cover art. I just saw this on Amazon.

Its a step in the right direction I suppose.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:29 pm
PhantomPhoenix0
MariusMorningstar
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe
TeaDidikai

Maybe...maybe not. It's just a new exterior - the content is still the same.  

MariusMorningstar

Pelta

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:41 am
MariusMorningstar
PhantomPhoenix0
MariusMorningstar

Maybe...maybe not. It's just a new exterior - the content is still the same.

Actually I think it makes it look more like a Harry Potter novel or something. Still, it's an improvement from the last covers, which were just pukeworthy. Next, all they need to do is change the entire content and then we're getting somewhere. Pretty cover or not, they're still fire-fodder biggrin  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff