Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Sign Stereotypes?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elizabeth Tarion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:03 pm
Gingerbread . Coffin
My dad's a Gemini and an Identical Twin. biggrin I always find that amusing.

But, I'm a Leo on the Western Zodiac. Leo's planet isn't a planet, but THE SUN.

So, I'm supposed to act like a leader and the center of attention and so on and so forth. On the Chinese Zodiac, I'm a Fire Tiger too, who pretty much acts the same way as a Leo (on both sides of the globe, I'm a burning kitty).

I will admit, I do like grabbing for attention (being the middle kid in a big family sucks), and feel like crap when I get ignored... I think there's a bit of truth to it, even if I am mostly shy to new people.

I know there's more to astrology than just Sun Signs, so I'm pretty curious about finding out my rising signs and so on.

Where would I do that, exactilly? o_O;;

Try here. www.astro.com

MST3Kakalina has a thread about it and she has instructions on how to get to the free natal charts.
Edification  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:17 pm
[Bavi]
wicked_faery
astrology sign's descriptions get altered by other factors: ur name, the exact day, the time u were born, ur hair colour, everything afects u. so no horoscope is going to be perfect.
I'm sorry, but 'hair color'? I've never heard of that before neutral
And doesn't your name only have to do with numerology?
It (and everything about someone) affects you, sure, but what does your name and hair color have to do with astrology?
it doesn't have anything to do w/ astrology...it has to do w/ urself. & yes ur name does have to do w/ numerology but it goes so much more in depth than that. there's a book i love when it comes to names & it's uh..."the hidden meanings of your name" or something like that. it gives all the aspects of how ur name affects who u are. but like i said. it's only 1 influence to urself.

& about hair colour...it's like (i hate to use this as example) "blonds have more fun" it's not so simple as that but...like...colour has affect on moods & all. same as if u sit in a yellow room it will calm u but if u sit there too long it'll make u anxious. get what i'm saying?  

wicked_faery

Fashionable Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200

Elizabeth Tarion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:51 pm
wicked_faery
[Bavi]
wicked_faery
astrology sign's descriptions get altered by other factors: ur name, the exact day, the time u were born, ur hair colour, everything afects u. so no horoscope is going to be perfect.
I'm sorry, but 'hair color'? I've never heard of that before neutral
And doesn't your name only have to do with numerology?
It (and everything about someone) affects you, sure, but what does your name and hair color have to do with astrology?
it doesn't have anything to do w/ astrology...it has to do w/ urself. & yes ur name does have to do w/ numerology but it goes so much more in depth than that. there's a book i love when it comes to names & it's uh..."the hidden meanings of your name" or something like that. it gives all the aspects of how ur name affects who u are. but like i said. it's only 1 influence to urself.

& about hair colour...it's like (i hate to use this as example) "blonds have more fun" it's not so simple as that but...like...colour has affect on moods & all. same as if u sit in a yellow room it will calm u but if u sit there too long it'll make u anxious. get what i'm saying?
That's fine, but why bring it up as if it had something to do with astrology? (ie, the topic)
They're different things.
You're astrology is far more affected by your house signs, which a newspaper horoscope simply can't include so those things are just about guaranteed to never be true for everyone who reads them.
You're numerology and astrology can go hand in hand, but you need to adress them as seperate things.
Also, isn't yellow empowering and blue calming?

(note: Gaia is not a chatroom, you don't need to post in chatspeak. It's a forum, and you can take the time to write out 'you' and the like.)  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:37 pm
me and my sister are both born 3-4 days away form a change of zodiac. she is born on the cancer side and i'm born on the leo side. we both act like mixes of the two sines. its very amusing ^-^ we don't really act like the "steriotipical" cancer and leo. more like if you mixed up the trates and gave us both some of each  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Padmasana

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:15 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:03 pm
i think an interesting thing to note here is that what sign you were actually born into isn't the mainstream notion.

i took an astronomy course a year or two back, and not only are the time frames we have for the signs wrong, but there is a 13th zodiac as well (the serpent). my teacher actually asked us all in the class what our birthday was, and with a program he had written, then told us our actual sign. me, being born may 9th, am supposed to be a pretty firm taurus. according to his program, i'm a semi-late aries. rather interesting really.

but still, i identify myself as a taurus. moreso because i embrace it rather than say ' hey, that's not me'. i usually make it me (like the stubbornness xp )  

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

The Lady Voldemort

Anxious Millionaire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:30 am
As a scorpio, I have heard everything about my sign being evil, to incredibly sexy. It all depends on who you ask. In a way astrology is sort of stereotyping in itself. To say everyone born within a certain range of dates possess common traits. Not to say I don't believe some of it. It's like anything, some things will apply while others will be less accurate. There are exceptions to everything.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:31 pm
I have found both people who meet the sterotypes and people who don't, and I tend to take great amusement in the differences.

I know a Virgo who is to lazy to be even remotely organized and is certainly not very innocent. I also know the king of all Scorpio sterotypes. My girlfriend is a Cancer with Taurus rising, and she is definiately very emotional and VERY VERY stouburn.  

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

VisasMarr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:48 pm
I have no idea what the Stereotype for Sagitarius is, but I'm pretty sure, I am not it. If Sags are supposed to be neat freaks, it's definitly not me. I'm extreamly disorganized and messy... *hides*  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:03 pm
Amiiria
I'm a Leo, and apparently Leos are outgoing, friendly, the centre of attention and they are a leader. I am the complete opposite of that (well, nearly). gonk

And what you said about Leos, Slaine, isn't true for me. I can get very short tempered and I DO get angry at people.
I'm a Leo too. I'm friendly, but I'm not outgoing in any sense of the word. Definetaly not a leader, and I'm rarely the center of attention since it makes me uncomfortable. I actually do try extremely hard to never get angry though.  

Eshmasesh

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:42 pm
From what I've seen, Astrology was suposed to offer basic generalizations to the persona of the person they were being ascribed to.
Thus, by nature, they are stereotypes.
Now, mind you, using them alone as a method to determine a person's psychology seems silly. (regardless of how close to my Hellenic astrology I live... ninja )  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:48 pm
I'm a leo but I set more in between leo and cancer >_<  

Lord Sutekh

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:54 pm
Fiddlers Green
(regardless of how close to my Hellenic astrology I live... ninja )

What is that? confused  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:55 pm
JazelleSparrow

People say Libras think they know everything. Almost everyone in my extended family, plus my fiance, are Libras...And while I have to admit they are stubborn, they don't pretend to know everything.

No pretending needed, im just kidding but i do get like that at times and one i've heard is Scropieos are perverted, the ones i know are but that dosn't mean its true  

MOD66

nightdove

3,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:11 pm
SlaineWildfire
Let's see....
Taurus' are stubborn to a fault.
Pisces' are kind of wishy washy and overly emotional.
Scorpio's are hardcore in bed, overly kinky, and kind of firecrackers.
Virgo's are straightlaced and innocent.
Aries' have anger-management issues.
Leo's don't seem to be able to get angry at anyone, for any reason.
Gemini's can't make up their minds about anything, or they change their minds constantly.
Saggitarius' are neat-freaks.
Capricorn's are fixated with knowledge.
Cancer's always avoid answering questions with a straight answer.
Libra's are smooth operators.

I don't think I know any Aquarius'.

Well, I think it's a total self-fullfilling prophicy.....my best friend is a pisces, and it fits....my other best friend is a Scorpio, and it fits.....I'm a Virgo, and I'm only innocent around my parents and people I need to professionally impress, but I'm a HUGE perfectionist.......my mom is a Leo, and she does nothing but get angry....my dad's also a Leo, and that seems to fit him.....and lastly, my boyfriend is so a Cancer-with a hint of Virgo, and.........! But I know tons of people who I'll think that they're something else, and they'll say something so different. It just depends...  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff